Dress Embellishment

Katchkan

It is not all that often that I get to share pictures of what I have just completed with all of you. Designing does have it's drawbacks at times. I have finished my skirt to wear to the CGOA Convention. I can't show you a picture of that until I get the pattern written up. But I can show you the embellishment I did for the dress that I will wear under the skirt. At this point I am not planning on writing this up. If enough people ask about it I will give it a go. This would be tricky to write up where is would fit most necklines. Been thinking about how to go about doing that. But for now it's not high on my list of things to do. It truly is a pleasure to be able to share something I have been working on with all of you.

This is done in size 10 thread except the green which is a size 5 thread. It was the right shade of green to go with the dress. Finding the right color in the right size sometimes is impossible. There are lots and lots of Bullions sts on this one. I really do like the look that stitch gives.

post-709-135897764216_thumb.jpg

post-709-135897764212_thumb.jpg

Stunning!!

I admire all the beautiful work you do in thread. I don't have the patience to do much thread crochet; I couldn't imagine doing all those bullion stitches in thread! WOW!:hook

Gorgeous!

I do envy you going to Chain Link. I have been trying to go for several years now but it never comes close enough to me, geographically speaking, so have some fun for me too! :hook

Thank you everyone. It is always a joy for me to be able to share with you what I am working on. Don't get to do that all that often now a days. So when I can it's a treat.

I can hardly wait to wear this. Just over a week until I leave for convention.

Kathy, that is beautiful!

Instead of writing an actual pattern, could you write something up in tutorial format? Walk people through the steps of figuring up how many shell pattern repeats they need to fit around the neckline?

Or maybe even teach a class on it here? :)

Archived