Bamboo yarn or bamboo mix yarn

Gigix3

I was wondering how many of you have used this and could you tell me how easy it is to work with and how it drapes. Does it shrink? Thanks.

P.s. I am not new, but couldn't come up with my old user/passwords.:think

well, welcome back. :) cotton will shrink if washed in hot/warm water, unless it's "pre-shrunk" cotton. but drape depends largely on how tightly you crochet. I've had NO issues with bamboo shrinking, but I've not washed any in hot water either... It's drape is fantastic! (not enough structure for some doilies though.) :U

HTH

Thanks, Momcrochets. I was thinking of making some outfits for my granddaughters, but if it requires special care, I don't think I will use it. It feels so soft and supple in the skein..........I was also thinking that it would be cooler for the summer.

I've used a couple of coton-bamboo blends which have great drape and are cool to wear. The ones i used are hand wash, lay flat to dry.

Caron Spa is bamboo-acrylic And is machine wash and dry. I have not made a garment of it, but i think it would be cooler than 100 percent acrylic. I personally find acrylic very warm to wear, so i doubt if Spa is as cool as cotton, but others experience may be diffrent.

Which yarns did you look at that you liked the feel of?

Thanks, Magic. I have no idea what brand it was. I saw it at HL and really wanted to get some, but I have this huge stash and didn't need it anyway. Also, it was imported which I try to avoid if I can. I will check out the Caron Spa when I get back to HL.

Sherry

I made a cropped cardigan for my niece out of a silk bamboo yarn (Bernat I think?). It's beautiful and drapes very well, but obviously expensive. I have wanted.to try other bamboo threads and yarns, but have this HUGE stash to get rid of first... Sigh...

Archived