Miss Crochet

Daisy Hexagon

I've finally finally finally managed to figure out how to translate an idea I had in my head into an actual motif. This is my latest - daisy hexagon - and once I iron out a couple of wrinkles, I'll be looking for a few testers ;). It mightn't look it, but it's close to 12" in diameter, so hopefully a test afghan will work up quickly.

post-18038-135897763501_thumb.jpg

Very pretty. I think it also would make a lovely placemat (I'm on a placemat kick lately) -- with an additional round or so to make a scalloped or picot edging to turn it into a conventional placemat size. And it would make a spectacular afghan, with those giant daisylike flowers. If you'd like me to test your pattern, just PM me.

Very pretty!

Love it, I too think it would also make a lovely place mat as well as an afghan.

I love your daisy motif, nice job!

I'm so partial to daisies! You'll have to let us know when the pattern is available!

Very Nice!!

I like the ideal of a placemat as well. I know a few hippies that would love them (actually, they would love it as an afghan or a placemat..LOL)

FWIW, for the past couple of weeks I've been playing around with cotton worsted yarn and various doily patterns and -- though many are pretty -- few are substantial enough as placemats for these days. I've only found one that works for me so far. But this daisy looks perfect.

Basically, with these doily patterns, I'm getting used to learning symbol crochet then frogging to re-use the yarn for other projects. They're so "hole-ly"!

What a great pattern that would be for a scrap afghan - lots of pretty flowers with green borders. I'm waiting for the pattern too!