My first afghan

Charis

Hi there,

So I can't help but gush about my first afghan! I made it in a month from a pattern on the Michael's website. I used Impeccable Aran yarn.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/534351_10100492502148713_17200844_45618327_1860965549_n.jpg

EDIT: I forgot to mention I made it for my mother's 60th birthday/mother's day. Wanted to give her something special since she's so amazing. She was amazed and loves it!

You did a FANTASTIC job on your 1st afghan! ... I currently have this one started (but set aside as I'm knitting now). It is a lovely pattern, and your's just shows beautifully!!!

Thank you!! I forgot to mention how big it is. Its about 62" Long and 4" wide. It was really fun to make because it repeats 4 different rows so I didn't get bored doing the same row over and over. I believe Michael's calls it the "Textrured Stitch Afghan" if you're interested in the pattern.

If this is your FIRST AFGHAN, then you have an amazing incredible totally awesome future ahead of you in crochet! What a gift of love this is and so well done!! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

You have a right to gush! That is beautiful! Your stitches look very nice and uniform in size and tension! That is usually difficult to come by on your first few projects. You have started out at an intermediate level instead of beginner! Very nice!

Archived