I think it would be great to add a "Pin It" button from Pinterest on Crochetville!

If you go to the 'Go Advanced' message box there is an icon in the smilie box for people that don't mind their items being pinned ( :pinterest ) or shared on Facebook ( :facebook ).

Crochetville allows the members to keep the rights to the Copyrights and leaves the choice to the individual member whether or not they want their items pinned. I think adding a 'Pin it' button would take that choice away from the individual.

Have you added the 'Pin it' button from Pinterest to your Favorites/Links bar?

Actually, we've changed our policies on this as of June 1, slightly. We posted the update on May 30 in board announcements, and have also had a notice appearing at the top of each page linking to that post.

The online world is changing fast with the advent of sharing on places like Pinterest, Facebook, etc. Crochetville has to keep up with the times! People (general people all over the internet, not just talking about Crochetville members) are going to share stuff, no matter what kind of policies we put in place. It's impossible to fight the changing current any longer. Even if we kept the policy of not allowing sharing unless someone had permission, that's not really any protection to our members who don't want their stuff shared, since we can't prevent it from happening anyway. (We could help get stuff taken down, but not if we didn't know it had been shared.)

Moving forward, it's going to be best for everyone to assume anything they post can and will be shared by someone, somewhere. We don't want people feeling safe that what they've posted won't be shared, since we can't do anything to prevent it. So only post pictures you don't mind having shared on places like Facebook, Pinterest, etc. The good news is that only thumbnail-sized photos can be shared. You have to be a registered member in order to see the full size photos, so sharing sites can only access the small thumbnail that appears in posts.

Don't worry about patterns that are posted here: we'll never give permission for those to be shared off-site. A thumbnail photo and link to the thread can be shared, but that's all.

To keep up with the times, we're allowing anything posted on June 1, 2012 and after to be pinned/shared/etc.

Until August 1, nothing posted prior to June 1 should be shared without permission, to give members a chance to remove things if they wish. Members have until August 1 to go through their old posts and remove anything they don't want shared (perhaps photos that include their child or something). After August 1, anything on the site can be shared.

Thanks for the info. I was referring to "pinning" Crochetville just to promote it to other crocheters. I LOVE this site and found a real gem the day I found it and wish to share it with others! :cheer

I am wondering if admin realizes that Pinterest has been disabled for all intents and purposes.

Pics cannot be "pinned" with pinlet and clicking that button below the page does not go anywhere - at least in my Firefox browser.

I'm hoping that this will be fixed eventually.... :sigh

Darski, thanks for letting me know. I haven't tried to pin anything from here yet.

We definitely want to fix things so Crochetville threads can be pinned.

I'll put that on my list of things to look into tomorrow.

We're going to have to find some code somewhere to make the pinterest button work. Not quite sure if it's something we can do or not.

In the meantime, you can pin things by having a window open in pinterest to add a pin then just add the URL of the thread on pinterest. I just tried it with one of your doll patterns, and it worked.

It's not quick and easy, but at least it works for now, until we can investigate things further.