Black and Blue crochet ripple

mva5493

Finally finished this afghan. This is from Leisure Arts #191 crocheted rainbow set by Helen Passey. While browsing through red heart's wednesday night stitch challenge, I saw an afghan with similar colors and decided to do my own. This afghan was stitched with an "h" hook and 5 skeins of loops and threads impeccable (black), less than 1 skein each of caron simply soft white, soft blue, light country blue, red heart soft mid blue, caron simply soft celestial, and dark country blue. It is much bigger than the original baby blanket. Perfect size for vegging out in front of the tv.

It is going to be raffled of at a family reunion next month. Thanks for looking.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/crocheted-rainbow-set-blanket-jacket-and-booties

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=HPIM1432.jpg

Just stunning! Love the color scheme! I think I have that pattern in a book somewhere but as I remember it was in rusts or oranges. I like your MUCH better!

When I read the title of this thread I couldn't help but think how would an afghan made with black and blue be very pretty. But I clicked on the thread anyway and when I clicked on the link for the picture, it was absolutely gorgeous. Someone at the family reunion is going to be very very lucky to win it. I am glad to hear there are other families who have raffles at their reunions. My dad's family always has raffles to help raise the funds to rent the hall and provide some of the food/drinks.

When I read the title of this thread I couldn't help but think how would an afghan made with black and blue be very pretty. But I clicked on the thread anyway and when I clicked on the link for the picture, it was absolutely gorgeous. Someone at the family reunion is going to be very very lucky to win it. I am glad to hear there are other families who have raffles at their reunions. My dad's family always has raffles to help raise the funds to rent the hall and provide some of the food/drinks.

Thank you. I was kinda calling it the tron blanket as I was working on it, lol. The way the blue pops just reminded me of the neon colors against the black background. Don't remember much about the movie, but I guess color was important to me even then. The raffle is a first for this reunion, I have donated an afghan to the other side for 3 years now, and decided to donate one to this side as well. It seems to work out well, they raise a little money, and I have even got a few custom orders as a benefit.

thank you tho everyone for the comments. off to the next project...gotta keep my hands and brain busy lol.

Archived