Smelly Cat

CrochetAmore

I saw this little Roly Poly Cat by Puchitomato and thought he was just too cute. So I grabbed a skein of Handicrafter yarn in Lavender that I had just picked up at Joann's, and an F hook and got to work. It didn't take long to realize that the yarn smelled. Really smelled. Smelled to the point of giving me a headache. (No wonder it was on clearance LOL) I didn't realize it when I bought it, but it was scented cotton! :lol

The pattern itself is wonderfully quick and easy, so I trudged through, and thus "Smelly Cat" was born...

post-19997-135897762961_thumb.jpg

He's cute. I don't know what I expected to see for a "Smelly Cat" but I had to look and see if it related to Phoebe's song from "Friends".

Believe me, if you smelled that "lavender" scented yarn she's talking about, you'd know why. LOL I think it is a Friend's reference though. :)

He's cute. I don't know what I expected to see for a "Smelly Cat" but I had to look and see if it related to Phoebe's song from "Friends".

That is not what I meant to do at first, I thought I was just making a cute cat, but once I smelled that yarn I knew that's where I had to go with it! So yes, it's Phoebe inspired. :D

I have that pattern, I keep wanting to make some but then something else catches my eye!!!

It really is a quick and fun project. It could easily be made in an afternoon or less depending on how fast you crochet. :hook

I love how you turned a negative (smelly yarn) into a positive (Smelly Cat)! Phoebe Buffay would be proud! I smelled some of that scented yarn once and my impression was the same... it stinks! I think it is Sugar & Cream that has the scented cotton. Either they didn't get their formula right or it didn't age well. Smelly, is right! LOL! Just in case someone wanted to relive the Friends video treatment of Smelly Cat -- here it is:

But this is the version we all grew to love on the show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7jlGRq8xZ4 "Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat, What are they feeding you? Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat, It's not your fault!" LOL! I LOVED that show!

Archived