CrochetAmore

Sock Monkey Hot Pad

I've always been intrigued by the sock monkey phenomenon but was never inclined to own one for myself until I saw this on Chronicles of Yarnia. I've actually made a couple, one for myself, and one for an online friend who I thought might enjoy one too. :hook

I used the Origami Hot Pad pattern with Sugar N Cream Twists in Taupe Twist, with red, white and black for the features.

post-19997-135897762942_thumb.jpg

Cute!

Too cute.

Thank you all for the wonderful comments! :hug

Ha ha, now THAT's clever!!

Isn't it though? I just fell in love with it when I first saw it!

I had a little bit of a hard time finding the twist in that colorway but finally found it at Michaels, and how fortunate that it was on sale at the time for $1 a skein! I think I bought ten skeins so I could make one for everyone I know! LOL

That's fantastic!

HAHAHA!!! That is one funny hotpad.

I have to say that I never got into the sock monkey thing but I might actually need to put one of those on my to-do list.....awesome!

Hahaha! Thanks I got a kick out of that one! Very cute.

thats soooooooooooo cute-Im going to have to look for that color yarn! and add this to the 'to do ' list

just soo cute!!

thats soooooooooooo cute-Im going to have to look for that color yarn! and add this to the 'to do ' list

just soo cute!!

Hi Fiona! How are you doing? Haven't seen you around in a while, but then again, I wasn't around for a while. ;)

Just an FYI, you might have more success where you are, but the ONLY store I could find the Taupe Twist in was Michaels. Let me know if you have trouble finding it. I might be able to spare a skein for you. :)