DD's bday cake-pops

Momcrochets

Last winter I saw a website with these darling cake-pops, and decided that when DD's bday came up (several weeks ago, now), I would make these for her. It took an entire afternoon to dip and decorate. (I made the cake-balls the day before). I think they turned out pretty well for all that. but I doubt I'll get this fancy again. It's a whole lot easier to squeeze frosting out of a baggie and draw pictures on a cake, than it was to do this! :lol

post-7396-135897762915_thumb.jpg

whoops, these two became siamese twins when I set them on a plate. :U

post-7396-135897762925_thumb.jpg

cake/frosting pens don't write very well on hardened almond bark. :P

Those are so sweet, and I'm sure your daughter was tickled pink with Hello Kitty. I love trying new things like that, though I've had my share of those that didn't turn out as expected. But I think yours turned out very well.

Your cake pops turned out really great!! I'm sure your DD was very happy with them and very appreciative that you made them for her!!

I've made the cake pops before(red velvet cake with cream cheese and dipped in milk chocolate). I bought the Wilton chocolate melter pot. The first 2 times that I made the chocolate.....the choc. bark and the chips took forever and a day to melt.....so I didn't want to make them anymore. The other day I thought I would make some for the last day of school for the staff at my DH's school....this time it went much faster.....what I did is I melted the choc. chips in microwave first, then put in the choc. pot.....went so much faster. But they are still a pain to make!!!!!!!!! :lol

Oh and thanx for the info on the edible cake/frosting pens!! :lol

oliveoil, I melt the chocolate in the microwave, too! then put the glass/mug onto one of those electric mug-warmers. works great for keeping it melted. (don't remember where I read that tip) I've made the oreo-truffles before, but I think this was my first time with cake pops. they go much faster when you're not decorating them! :lol

incidentally, I used cherry-chip cake mix (chocolate might have been hard to hide under white chocolate bark :wink), and they were very tasty. (and leftover homemade frosting--the melt butter and stir in vanilla and powdered/icing sugar, kind)

thanks everyone, for all the compliments :U

Archived