Do you do multiple projects at one time?

Do you work on multiple projects at the same time?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Do you work on multiple projects at the same time?

• Always, variety is the spice of life!
    • Never, I do one thing until I'm finished THEN start something new
    • Sometimes, depends on what I'm currently working on and why

When I make baby/toddler clothing the projects are easily done within a week, but when I'm making an afghan or adult clothing, I sometimes get bored looking at the same yarn for weeks on end.

I usually start another side project, but I feel guilty about not finishing the first one. I usually put this down to my Gemini nature, but I'm wondering if I'm an odd duck and should learn some self discipline or if this is common?

• Like 1

Hey there! I'm a Gemini, too!... I sometimes do multiple projects. Sometimes I feel obligated to squeeze in a project while I'm working on something else (i.e., a gift for someone). Sometimes I'm just excited to try a new technique or yarn. ;)

I get bored easily so i tend to make small items that work up quickly but when i am working on something more involved i always have a second project to break up the monotony. I also knit and have more than one thing going at a time. I generally have a very intricate or involved item to work on at home and then simple items to take along when i am waiting for the kids or appointments.

I always have more than one thing on the go. I have the attention span of a two year old so it helps keep me from getting bored. Usually it's not more than two or three things at a time but if you count my other crafts then it can get embarrassing.

I always have at least two projects going at once. One's usually something very portable, like hats or scarves, so that it can be taken with me to work on in a doctor's office, swim meet, or other place. And then I've got a bigger project like a sweater that I'm working on and have to really concentrate on it to get it done correctly.

Right now, I have a shawl (still portable) and a knitted sweater that I'm working on.

I think it's important to have a few going, so that you can switch off, when bored too.

:manyheart

I'm always working on multiple items. Some of my items are more portable than others, which really helps too. Right now, I believe I've got 3 solid different projects going on at the same time. I'm making a present for someone, working on one of my ministry items, and I just started an afghan today for a friend. I can easily pick up an ami in the evening if I need something different too. I have a stack of hats that I need to deliver to the NICU, so when that time comes - I'll probably make a few more before I end up actually delivering them... I'll just make them the day before or the day of when I can schedule time to get across town on the bus.

Being on this site gives me like a million more ideas to try too!

• Like 1

I usually have both large and small projects going. I always have at least one afghan sometimes more going. I make the around the world granny's

for project linus. I usually also have small projects such as chemo caps,

slippers, mittens, and scarves. The small project fit easily into my purse

and I can work on them while traveling or waiting at an appointment.

I don't like to sit without a hook or needles in my hands. It feels wrong, as wasted time.

I honestly don't think I could handle working on only one thing at a time. That's just not something my brain can grasp. :think I have to admit, I do admire people who can do that though. Same thing goes for buying new yarn. The concept of only buying enough for one project at a time... :eek

I have so many WIPS I literally cannot count them all. I recently moved and was a little surprised, but not altogether shocked, that I packed no less than 4 boxes of nothing but projects in various stages of completion. And that didn't count the 6 or 7 projects that I keep by my "crocheting chair" at any given time. They went with me in the car! :lol

I used to only have one WIP, but with Faire season starting this Saturday I'm starting a simple shawl project I can take up there, done in easily cleanable ( read cheap ) yarn that I won't mind if it gets all dusty or filled with second hand smoke from the pub. Then there's the project I'm doing out of very expensive Alpaca that won't leave the leave the house til it's completed, the one for my Mom's birthday and finally the baby blanket gift that I only started because another friend was cleaning out her stash and I suddenly found my self "gifted" with 12 skeins of baby yarn.

:think lets see...how should I vote:think..I have 3 afghans in progress, at least one tote and there is always a hat or 3 that needs that one last row..in a different color :cheer

Ok I got which one :lol

Yes, I have a "main project" and then various gifts or something small and simple if I have to go somewhere I know I would be waiting. I dont' like complicated things to follow a detailed pattern on the go, I like to do that sort of thing at home.

I am making my doily/tablecloth and I am making hats on the go for a lady who lost her husband and has 5 kids.

There was a time when I would just work on one at a time, the multiple habit started innocently enough...I was working on an afghan and ran out of a color that I couldn't find for about a month, so I put the afghan aside until I could get more. Now I find that I have multiple going for a variety of reasons, committing myself to to many things, getting bored with one project, or sometime it is as simple as getting new yarn and just can't wait to see it worked up.

Never more than 3, but always one Main project, one small "get-away" project, and one in the planning or designing stage. There may be one or two others in a bag waiting for more yarn to come in when I run out of a type or color needed, can't just sit around with nothing to do until it comes, :lol.

I usually have a mobile piece for travelling. 8 hours on a plane can produce a lot of motifs.

I usually have one too complex, too large, or something that stays at home.

I usually have one that's "in process" of starting. That is, I'm looking at the yarns in my stash, deciding on colors, creating some swatches, pulling together a project bag with markers, hooks, notes etc.

I always have multiple projects going! Always have at least one portable project going that I can take with me when I take my mom to her multiple doctor appointments and usually have an afghan on hook and a shawl and, and, and!!!

Not to sound flippant, but duh! Lol you bet im always eyeballing the 'next' project as im working on 3 others in a day.

Hugs,

Laurel