What "crochet" have you done today?

I showed someone on the bus how to make a granny square. I did a burn test on some big lots yarn to see if it is wool. And it is, so now I am anxious to try a felting experiment. I have been thinking about felting for a little while, now to find a small pattern.:)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally finished the last bit of my FALL in Love gown. Now I have to see what I have on hand for the Stained Glass Ghan that is up for our little CAL this fall

Took pics of recent projects.

Added notes about them in my project book.

Crocheted my allotted penance rows on my BORING afghan.

- Have you gone shopping for yarn today?

Not today, but two weeks ago I bought yarn...and #10 Crochet Cotton

- Have you been searching for a particular pattern?

Way early this morning, I was searching for a doily pattern called Cross and Crown...I found it on a Yahoo crochet group.

- Have you taught a crochet class?

Not today, but I am working up samples for a future class...last year I taught a class on an original pattern of mine...and I host a once a month weekday Crochet Club at my local yarn shop.

- Have you gone to a crochet/ crafting group today? Not today, but I did this last Thursday and will again this coming Thursday.

- Have you worked on a particular project/ item?

Yes, I am working on two different doily patterns, fingerless mitts, a rosary, and baby afghans (yes, all today)

- Have you worked on a crochet pattern you are writing or designing?

... etc ...

Not today, but last summer I designed a baseball sweater jacket, made it, entered it into the fair and won 2nd place.

Yes, crochet is my life...

I have 14/24 inches started on my relaxed cardi.

Last night I spent hours looking for Flower afghan patterns. I also sidetracked to looking at my fave 12" squares. I kind of miss doing a lapghan with only 12 squares. :wlol

today may be too busy for crochet but we shall see.

Yesterday I worked on a HUGE knot of yarn that got all tangled up when I threw part of my stash in a box when I moved. This is gonna be a big project detangling everything from thread to WW yarn.

Last night I was at a family birthday party so I brought some cotton thread and worked on some washcloths for the Charity CAL.

Today I'm working on more washcloths.

YESTERDAY - more granny squares and practiced reading patterns (motifs)

TODAY - worked on a new motif and finished the one I started yesterday; bought more cotton yarn (5 different colors, 2 big thingies and 3 small ones :) ); sent a picture of the granny square afghan to its owner so she could have a picture on her phone (lovies)

oohhh... I forgot to add that one of my neighbors upstairs told me she found some granny squares in some of the boxes she is unpacking and wants to see what I can do with them!!! I'm so excited to hang out with her, her cat, and the "mystery squares" she's found...

yesterday: worked on my garage where I am putting in my crafting studio & started a SBT

today: more work on the garage, frogged a couple of WIPs and reclaimed the yarn, & worked on a tote

looked at a pattern and gathered the yarn for the blue star afghan (herrschner's blue ribbon afghans). Gathered the yarn for a 5-10 point starburst afghan. Started the center of the 5-10 point.

:sigh Put in a row and a half on a lapghan and pulled out about four (apparently I can't reliably count to five)

Played on Ravelry printing patterns I will probably never use. Well, maybe I will.

Started a new pattern at work, but the gauge was off and I didn't have what I needed here to correct it.

No medals for me today, alas! :lol

Edited to add: Oh, and browsed online a LONG time among yarns I don't need and have no intention of buying, high on the list of totally unproductive activities.

YESTERDAY - did some more research on a crochet business and did some business brainstorming; found some new charities that I think I'd like to start crocheting for; found some really simple hat patterns

Working more on motifs... not completely sure what I'll be doing with all of them after I'm finished, but I'm sure having fun! I'm thinking about sewing them onto bags and clothing, maybe hats or other items and then giving them away as presents --- maybe even sell them... not a clue! The only reason I'm making the different motifs is because I'm trying to stretch my crochet pattern reading skills and I found a book at the library with 300 different motifs in it, which has been a great tool for me.

I drooled over this pattern......again, trying to figure out what colors I am going to do my first one in....

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/crocheted-country-star-afghan

and then I remembered I also have to buy ink for my printer so I can print it out.

I did a few rows on a ripple blanket I started months ago....its worked in all sc.

BTW: I'm melindascrochet on Ralvery

Finished a baby blanket for donation.

Stopped by JA on the way to work and picked up three more close out skeins of Bernat Baby Sport, the big skeins. Pink (only one left), the pink and white mix, and a brighter multi color. I'm very happy to have it, but my stash is moving in the wrong direction. The blanket used up 14 oz, and I have about 32 oz sitting out in the car to be carried in and stored. Somewhere.

I'm continuing my work on my Charity Blast lapghan and I had to re-stock my white yarn - where does it all go :?:rofl

While in the yarn aisle I found the most wonderful spring/apple green yarn. it is just demanding to become a lapghan immediately :eek will post a pic tomorrow when/if we get some sunshine.

I also got a yarn care package from a friend from my old building. Some really pretty stuff in the box - just needs to be used eh :wlol

Friday also tends to be yarn enewsletter day so I did some pinning and pattern keeping.

YESTERDAY - made 2.5 washcloths for Warmth for Warriors; showed the couple who bought some yarn from me at an estate sale one of the projects I've made with the yarn they found for me (a chemo cap); a friend of mine from work bought me some yarn at a garage sale!!!

All I've been working on these last few days have been washcloths, as I've been making them for the June Charity CAL. I'll be working on them again this morning, very shortly! I've made quite a few and I've been playing with some new washcloth patterns too :)

Archived