What "crochet" have you done today?

Today I searched the internet for the perfect lacy crochet shawl pattern. Of course that lead to finding other patterns that piqued my interest and that lead to printing out all those patterns and then looking at the yarn sites for the perfect yarn to use and then checking my stash and then.....:eek:eek:eek

I still haven't sound the "perfect" lacy crochet shawl pattern so I just might have to start all over again tomorrow.

Cheryl

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- threw some scrap yarn in my yarn bag for a yarn lesson I taught this afternoon

- talked some serious crochet at work with a coworker, who is really wanting to improve her skills

- my friend bought the pattern book and yarn for the afghan I'll be making for her (with my creative twist) and that will be entered in my local fair this fall

- taught a crochet lesson on making a granny square this afternoon at the library and will teach another lesson tomorrow on the same/ similar topic

- started the afghan for a friend/ fall fair

- started brainstorming how I'll be modifying it to increase the difficulty in order to make it competition worthy

- shared with some of my friends at church the progress on the pieces I'm making for our pastor's going away party next week

- have been looking for additional granny square inspiration online

- now I'm hanging out on the 'Ville :)

YESTERDAY (since I didn't manage to get on my computer to be able to post)

- finished making the centers for all 48 squares of the afghan for my friend/ the one I'm entering in the local fair this fall

- finished 2 squares (one of each color pattern) of the same afghan to show my friend

- crocheted multiple places, including at the pharmacy and the public library

- found out that one of the customers from work was looking for me to give me some yarn that she found at an estate sale

TODAY

- worked on lettering for a project that is due by Sunday... messed up on the lettering too

- was blessed with a box of yarn from one of my customers at work!!! so many different kinds of yarn :):)

- talked yarn and God with a coworker during her break (very impromtu)

- talked yarn with some customers

- shared with my boss what I was working on, since he came over and asked me (was waiting on my ride and decided to crochet)

- talked crochet with two of my friends, one by text and the other by phone (one of which crochets and learned how to when we were in treatment together)

- now I'm at the 'Ville and totally pumped up to get caught up from the last 2 days!!!

Got the squares joined and it is really a pretty lapghan. Will cheer some patient fer shure.

I've also learned two new grannies today - love the internet.

Forgot to post yesterday...

- worked on the lettering again for the house warming gift for my pastor

- a friend shared with me about her finishing an afghan, which made me smile... then she asked me about making pineapple designs (which I haven't even tried to make) and she told me she would give me a copy of the pattern she uses!!! so super excited :)

Since I couldn't sleep last night, have been up since 2 a.m.:

Looked through some patterns:

hoping to find an adult

hoping to find an easy baby afghan pattern;

Made half of a scarf;

Two rows on the stained glass afghan.

I hope to make one or two dishcloths today.

Today is my late day at work, so I'm spending the extra time making plarn for my plarn messenger bag. Free forming it, so no special pattern. I'm really taken by recycling plastic bags into sturdier, prettier reusable bags.

organized some yarn and patterns so that the yarn stash is no longer the focal point in the living room.:blush Started a small project bag (holds one ball of yarn and fits on your writs). got all the yarn together for my fair project this year (blue star afghan, on the cover of hershnerr's blue ribbon afghans). Started on a baby granny for project linus.

I started a crochet owl set of 3 in a nest, mama owl and 2 baby owletts for my GD's owl collection. The pattern is from Roman Sock. I'm using the GD's favorite colors of turquoise and lime green. If I have time, I will post pics when completed.

I also work on dishcloths every day to build up my stash. Just finished another this morning.

I've had a good time making 4 Granny Rose pillows. I didn't get to follow along with a CAL for them but, the pattern link is at a lovely blog called Apple Blossom Dreams. Now that I finally found some clear buttons, I can finish them up and stash them for Christmas gifts. :)

I bought 6 skiens of yarn today ..working on 4 things now a baby blanket..a bassinet purse..a pillow and a pillow doll.... I get bored easy too...made one purse....baby set..poodle tissue cover..coffee cup tissue cover..last week...love to crochet..

- finished the pattern following portion of the lettering on the wall hanging; still need to finish cleaning up the loose ends (knotting them from behind)

- started making the back for the lettering of the wall hanging

- balled up a messed up, small skein of yarn

- talked pattern design with a friend during our crochet lesson this evening on tension

I'm already up and crocheting, however now I have to go to work... must make some money so I can crochet more!

Anyhow, I've been working on the backing for my lettering project. It actually looks like I'll have it done by my deadline of Sunday/ Monday. The backing is merely for asthetic reasons and is time consuming, but it will really help the overall quality of the project. The family who is getting this truly deserves the best and I want them to know that plenty of love went into making it look designed especially for them (it is a name wall hanging).

I found the perfect buttons for my crochet snuggle sack that I am crocheting. I love Hobby Lobby!

:manyheart

I found the perfect buttons for my crochet snuggle sack that I am crocheting. I love Hobby Lobby!

:manyheart

Super, super awesome! I love finding the most perfect accent for a project - it makes me feel so complete and satisfied and all warm and yummy inside... yes, yarn and crochet truly make me feel this way - haha :crocheting I looked at buttons when I was at Walmart this afternoon because I'm thinking about using them on some bracelets as the clasp, but I'm not confident enough in my crochet bracelet design skills to know for sure how and what to make :think

I use buttons as clasps on my bracelets; the style with a hole on the back of the button. I prefer metal ones if I can find them and love it when I find these at vintage shops. Swarovski Crystals has crystal buttons that work beautifully on bead crochet bracelets. Go for it! ;)

Super, super awesome! I love finding the most perfect accent for a project - it makes me feel so complete and satisfied and all warm and yummy inside... yes, yarn and crochet truly make me feel this way - haha I looked at buttons when I was at Walmart this afternoon because I'm thinking about using them on some bracelets as the clasp, but I'm not confident enough in my crochet bracelet design skills to know for sure how and what to make

I don't think I've updated on here in a few days...

SUNDAY - finished the name project for my pastors and gave it to them; worked on a granny square afghan for a friend; a friend at church told me that some crochet books had been donated and that she was holding them for me :)

MONDAY - more granny square work; had a crochet lesson with a friend where we worked on tension, reading a written pattern, and reading a chart pattern; a friend of mine from church gave me one of her favorite crochet patterns (a pineapple square afghan/ blanket pattern); the other friend from church gave me the crochet books that had been donated (totally, absolutely cool!); rechecked out a crochet square pattern book from the library; found a book for the friend I'm teaching to crochet at the library for her to check out

TODAY - well... I'm just getting started and I'm going back to those squares (42-48 in total)

Finally finished my adapted "My Blooms" lapghan. I really like the colours and I think they will make some room more cheerful.

The image system seems to be down today so I will post a pic later.

My project for today is to work on my CAL - Relaxed Cardi shrug.

We have lift off!!!

post-4896-135897763797_thumb.jpg

- crocheted more on a granny square afghan I'm making for a close friend and also entering in the fair this fall; crocheted at my friend's doctor's office and at work on my break

- talked yarn at work, like always, and got plenty of giggles and silly looks from coworkers ;) haha!!!

- mentioned The Crochet Dude to a guy sitting in the waiting room at the doctor's office, while we talked a bit about crochet

- got the rest of the yarn for the granny square themed afghan from my friend's car (she was storing it there until we found a better place, which turned out to be a comforter zipper bag that I can now keep everything together in at my place)

I delivered the lapghan today and worked on the final item for my FALL in love gown.

I spent much of the morning looking at all the Granny Square eye candy there was :drool:dance:drool

I have made my Daisy square sample for my friend - have printed the pattern for her but thought a sample might help to understand it better.

My friend and I are now planning to make the "Stained Glass" afghan together this fall - after the summer heat. We can amass the yarn over the summer.

It has been a busy crochet day :hook:wlol:hook

So far, it's been all about granny squares today...

I need to do some serious pattern looking though and work on my list of items to make for the fair - we shall see if that gets done, but I can dream!

Archived