What "crochet" have you done today?

This topic isn't meant for competition, it's simply a place to share what you have done in the area of crochet.

- Have you gone shopping for yarn today?

- Have you been searching for a particular pattern?

- Have you taught a crochet class?

- Have you gone to a crochet/ crafting group today?

- Have you worked on a particular project/ item?

- Have you worked on a crochet pattern you are writing or designing?

... etc ...

I'm curious as to what others are doing today in terms of crochet :manyheart

Today:

- went shopping for yarn, hooks, a book for a friend... then dropped it off where she's temporarily staying (a local shelter)

- worked on letter designing for a pattern I'm working on

- bought some more plastic cross canvases (spelling) and more tapestry needles

- bought another yarn bag (for 88 cents at Walmart!!!)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally posted my Ebony and Ivory pattern in my Y group - I'm getting so lazy about doing up the pics.

I did a couple of rows on a "My Blooms" ghan

did a couple of rows on a baby doll outfit.

did a lot of :pinterest pinning.

planning a set for 18" dolls

looked at my unfinished 18" doll gown - I am so loving having my red-head back again.

Interesting day

I worked on the Snowflake afghan that I have been working on for months. It is for my granddaughter by request. I have made this pattern once before and it is very labor intensive. It has 42 large roundish motifs and 30 filler motifs that are smaller and also roundish. All are worked in 2 colors. I have about 20 more of the smaller motifs to crochet in and then the borders. I crochet each motif and filler to the point of being ready to assemble. The motifs are crocheted together.

so far today I have finished making and assembling the 24 granny square I am making for the corner of this afghan

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=HPIM1392.jpg

I have also been trying to get myself a bit more organized. by photographing projects and stash and then uploading the pics to ravelry. I have been working on the blog I started 2 years ago, then forgot about. I am trying to finish the afghan I am working on, I have reached that point where I am ready to move on to the next one. so many projects in my head, I sometimes have a bit of trouble concentrating on one.

I finished a shawl that I was working on and then went back to a ripple ghan I had started a while ago. I spent some time perusing patterns. I also took some pictures of finished shawls and a stash basket I had recently completed.

Hoping that today is another crochet-filled day!!

I haven't done anything crochet-wise yesterday or today, except for working out the details of a design in my head, plus thinking of some easy quick blankets that I could do without having to pay too much attention.

But hooks, yarn, etc are just sitting here next to me, on the desk, doing nothing right now.

I finished my Spring Bunny after testing a robot for a designer and am now working on a pet net to put my critters in until they find their forever homes. We're also heading out to JoAnn's soon where I am going to look for a pattern book I must have "Oh Baby" second edition.

I've been working on a Three Granny Square Shawl for our Prayer Shawl Ministry. I'm using Caron Simply Soft in Tapestry, and i'm going to edge it with white Simply Soft.

- walked up and down the yarn isle at Walmart, showing my friend the different colors I was feeling for the afghan I'll be starting for her soon (we'll actually end up getting the yarn at Hobby Lobby, but were at Walmart running an errand)

- FINALLY STARTED the physical part of the lettering for a project I'm making for some people at church; I finished graphing the letters yesterday

- double checked the colors I needed for the lettering and other portions of the project I've got due a week from tomorrow

- made tenative plans to get together with a friend tomorrow and or Tuesday afternoon to crochet together at the library

so far today I have finished making and assembling the 24 granny square I am making for the corner of this afghan

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=HPIM1392.jpg

I have also been trying to get myself a bit more organized. by photographing projects and stash and then uploading the pics to ravelry. I have been working on the blog I started 2 years ago, then forgot about. I am trying to finish the afghan I am working on, I have reached that point where I am ready to move on to the next one. so many projects in my head, I sometimes have a bit of trouble concentrating on one.

Is this afghan a published pattern or one you designed? Either way, do you know where I could get ahold of the pattern or something similar - I love it and I think it would be perfect to make something similar to this for a friend.

been battling this nasty chest cough for about a week now, but was able to start working on my free-from top. Not sure if this will be a shrug, cardigan, blouse or tunic. I normally figure that out around the time I'm figuring out the border and trim!

I also checked in with HollandDesigns on Etsy. She posted a 30% discount on her patterns in honor of her newest daughter being born on the 30th. Planned on buying something, but I spent too much money on the yarn I bought for a Christmas present.

So, in summary:

- working on free-form blouse

- checked in on favorite Etsy vendor

- bought 10 skeins of Bernat Boa in Blizzard for a Christmas present (herrshner's clearance sale!)

- posted and read Crochetville threads.

are you going to add the granny squares to the afghan in the picture? Because I love it just the way it is!

Is this afghan a published pattern or one you designed? Either way, do you know where I could get ahold of the pattern or something similar - I love it and I think it would be perfect to make something similar to this for a friend.

It is not my pattern. It is available as an electronic download from leisure arts. It is leaflet #191 designer is Helen Passey. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/crocheted-rainbow-set-blanket-jacket-and-booties

The original is done with white as the main color, and pastel rainbow colors where I have the shades of blue. Also, mine is the size of a throw, the original is a baby ghan. I am using worsted weight yarn and an h hook

are you going to add the granny squares to the afghan in the picture? Because I love it just the way it is!

yes the granny squares make up the corners. I have made this one before and left off the granny squares, so I wanted to complete it this time, it's working out nicely. Will be posting pics when it is finished.

Archived