Need to Pick Brains

kayscrochet

I am thinking about offering some of my patterns in kit form. I never thought of it until I got a couple requests.

I guess some of my customers are older and not as mobile and would prefer to just buy a kit with the fabric already cut and skip stitched.

So would I also include a skein of yarn?

Just looking for input!

Thanks in advance

Kay

Yes, a kit would contain everything they need to complete it.

I wouldn't add a full skein of yarn though. The kits that are sold have the yarn wound to the ounces or yards that are needed plus 20% for different gauge.

What would the kits be for? Just trim and borders? If you do decide to include yarn I would include some tios on where to find more of the same (I always seem to run out of supplied yarn. Mainly because my cat confiscated it!)

I do like the idea of having a kit that has everything you need to complete the project.

The kit would be to make a fleece blanket with crocheted edge. So basically they would get the fleece fabric cut to size, already skip stitched to add the crochet holes and the instructions for the crocheted edge.

Most of the larger ones take 1 skein but I am not sure how much for the smaller ones. I didn't pay attention! Guess I better figure it out.

I so appreciate the feedback. Keep it coming!

Would you include the hook? I am thinking most already have hooks if they are looking for a pattern?

For clarity here is a picture

post-60582-135897761683_thumb.jpg

Kay

I wouldn't worry about the hook. Most of the time when I buy a kit the hook is an extra, optional add on. Since I have a specific brand I like I tend to avoid purchasing the hook. I like the idea of the kits.

so, it's something like an Edgerdydoo.

No - I wouldn't include the hook. The fleece with the holes and the yarn should be sufficient. Kits contain the materials needed to make the item - pattern and materials. A hook doesn't really fall into that.

If someone is going to order this I would think that they have a hook. You could always offer it as an option with a $2 surcharge to cover your expenses.

Archived