Portable Hook Caddy

Got the idea from those doll Bassinette Purses.

This way the hook caddy can be moved along with your project...

Done with scraps on the inside jelly roll, 3 strands of thread cotton for handle/drawstring and some leftover RH yarn for the outer case.

in the bottom under jelly roll is a circle of cardboard with felt to keep hooks from slipping out. All sc, hdc and dc. You can make it as taller if you want, and it will hold knitting needles and/or afghan hooks too.

I think it would be great for cabled needles and hooks since the top balloons out more. (excuse clutter on opposite end of table, working on some doll clothes :D)

post-14620-135897761008_thumb.jpg

post-14620-135897761013_thumb.jpg

post-14620-135897761017_thumb.jpg

Thanks ladies, it is so easy to do and to use up some small scraps. Easier than making a book type hook holder, can be made as fat around or as tall as your hook/needles need, and to get it out of way when company comes, I just hang it on the closet door knob.

• 3 months later...

Carol, that is darling! Great idea, you are so creative!!!! Love it! I actually have a portable hook thing but seldom ever do I take crochet with me, and so it sits. but this one is so much cuter! Mine is canvas, and hot pink, with black trim, lol Lots of pockets for things, but doesn't fold up and over like yours does! You have hit on a great idea!

• 2 weeks later...
I love this but am trying to understand what you have the hooks and scissors stuck into in the inside. You crocheted that too? What exactly is it? Looks like it is working great!

It is crocheted. A long strip as high and as wide as you need to fit the bag snugly, that is rolled up tightly like a jelly roll with a circular piece of cardboard under it so the hooks, etc... don't fall through the bottom of the bag...:D.

Archived