How I Faired at The Fair

The Shrone

Well, I keep getting better! This time my two doilies took 2nd place, and I get a total of $8 in prize money! :cheer I was beaten by the same doily pattern (done by different crocheters) in each class. The grand champion doily looked to be done in size 100 thread. I suppose that is the secret? I anxiously await to read my score card to find out where I lost a point. Last year it was because I didn't block, so I did this year and went from 3rd to 2nd place. I hope to find the secret to winning 1st, and maybe what it takes to be a grand champion and/or to take the best in category award?

I've already decided what I'll be entering next year, and have started to work on one of the projects. I think that next year I'm definitely going to be entering some of the Patricia K spiral doilies and hope that those might impress the judges, though based on what won it doesn't seem to be complexity of the pattern as both of my doilies were highly challenging. Maybe I'll get crazy and try a Patricia K doily in size 100 thread! :D

(Click to see larger images)

my2ndpldoily1mini.jpgmy2ndpldoily2mini.jpg

Wow, Lori - I've rarely if ever seen such impressive doilies! Congratulations on your wins! It would be interesting to know why they judged you second as opposed to first. (I hope you share that.) The doilies you did look very challenging and expertly done to me. Best of luck at future fairs.

Oh Lori they are beautiful,:hook

You can be very Proud. Second is nothing to sneeze at,:D Remember this is the biggest Fair in the state you have entered. The Puyallup Fair is not a little local competition. You did a wonderful job on your doilies, :rose and they are marvelous.

Archived