HomekeepingGran

Washcloths for Soldiers

I hate to be the one to tell you, but today on the Knitting Paradise Forum and member said she wrote to the "Warmth for Warriors" and they replied back that they did not need washcloths at this time.

I find this very strange because the Warmth for Warriors site on Ravelry does not say this. I will continue to make and send.

I personally spoke with Meta from Warmth for Warriors on the phone yesterday - YES THEY ARE WANTING AND ACCEPTING WASHCLOTHS AT THIS TIME. They will also.continue to accept washcloths after the summer months. They are also trying to collect the mini stockings.

As of this evening, I'm are over 30 washcloths - I'll ship them when I have enough to make it better financially for mailing cost.

Keep on crocheting!!!

I apologize for the mistake. The lady who gave out the info realized her mistake in her post and apologizes. I'm very relieved myself. Thanks for catching that error. Good teamwork. Thanks again. G.

Here are the 12 washcloths I will be sending out.

Good job on the washcloths. May I ask what size they are? Thanks!

Good job on the washcloths. May I ask what size they are? Thanks!

They are approximately nine inches square. Thanks for asking. :hook

Here are some of the washcloths I've been making. My favorite shape to make is the star and I have probably over 20 in this shape. I just bought some new colors to make more combinations with :) I'm so super excited!!!

post-60226-135897768239_thumb.jpg

post-60226-135897768243_thumb.jpg

post-60226-135897768246_thumb.jpg

post-60226-135897768249_thumb.jpg

post-60226-135897768252_thumb.jpg

Very nice. I do hestitate to make any with large holes - the cloths stretch out when using.

I might try some of the stars.

I tend to keep mine about 8" because of stretching.

I played and have only made 3 of the circles. Almost all of the ones I make now are stars, but some are squares. I don't like the big wholes either, but I enjoyed experimenting with them!

I make squares too. I did a couple of octagonal - the pattern was too big and I had to do adjustments. Really did the octagonal just to experiment. I knit the cloths more than I crochet them - for no particular reason.

I make squares too. I did a couple of octagonal - the pattern was too big and I had to do adjustments. Really did the octagonal just to experiment. I knit the cloths more than I crochet them - for no particular reason.

I love how this project lets us experiment and have so much fun and bless others at the same time!

I have about 20 completed! I am absolutely loving making these. Thanks for sharing it with us!! :)

Have any of you added a tag of any kind?? I kinda wanted to add a small one. Just something that says 'Thank you!' on it. I see on the website though that it looks like they add tags and you have to pay to have your name included?? Am I reading that right?

Have any of you added a tag of any kind?? I kinda wanted to add a small one. Just something that says 'Thank you!' on it. I see on the website though that it looks like they add tags and you have to pay to have your name included?? Am I reading that right?

My impression (w/o going back and reading again) is that they don't want anyone to add their own tags.

Do recall an option for paying for something.

All I'm doing is making and sending.

They don't tag the washcloths, just the hats and scarves.... from what I understand. People can sponsor hats and items, which help offset shipping, for a fee.

This is awesome! I will probably join but in a different way. My husbands unit deployed recently again and many would love this! Maybe I'll make some for this and some for his buddies. I know last month Ft Bliss lost 11 soldiers so these are very much needed for our men/women it's a small comfort that helps them through the rough times.

Have a friend that is part of a group that sends helmet caps and washcloths to soldiers - when I saw her last weekend, I gave her seven dozen washcloths to send. She could not believe that I had done that many - really I had a stash of part of them but was so glad that they were going to such a good cause. I will do some more.

Have a friend that is part of a group that sends helmet caps and washcloths to soldiers - when I saw her last weekend, I gave her seven dozen washcloths to send. She could not believe that I had done that many - really I had a stash of part of them but was so glad that they were going to such a good cause. I will do some more.

That is so wonderful. They just hit 5000 washcloth for the drive. Thank you so much for your contribution. :cheer

I mailed 5 washcloths on Friday, Nov. 9th. 2 octagonal and 3 square. I also posted on Warmth for Warriors which I guess I really didn't have to. Although I sent directly to the MI address. Hope they are received.

I mailed 5 washcloths on Friday, Nov. 9th. 2 octagonal and 3 square. I also posted on Warmth for Warriors which I guess I really didn't have to. Although I sent directly to the MI address. Hope they are received.

That is wonderful and they so appreciate all the donations they are receiving for the Warmth for Warriors charity. :manyheart