Buying yarn in Rhode Island and Cape Cod

EvieB

Hi,

I'm new to the site! I'm from Ireland, and am going on holidays to Rhode Island and then to Falmouth in Cape Cod next month for 3 weeks. I don't want to have to bring loads of yarn with me, but will be bringing a little bit, and some hooks. I'd love to buy some when I'm there to work on during my holidays.

Does anyone know of anywhere to buy yarn that isn't too expensive, but good quality? I use mostly acrylic double knitting.

Thanks!

Hi Evie and Welcome!!

If you are visiting friends that love yarn too, a nice (less than two hours away) day trip from RhodeIsland might be a ride to Webs, dubbed "America's Yarn Store" in Northampton, Massachusetts. Make sure you poke around in their backroom !!

People travel here from all over! You could easily combine this with a stop at Yankee Candle or some other tourist attraction in central Mass, but it's easy to spend a day poking thru the shelves at Webs. It's a sight to see, for sure. It's a huge store, not sure if it's the biggest yarn store, but it must be darn close.

I'm sure some of the other gals here can hook you up with a closer yarn store to where you're staying, and perhaps your host could show you the way to a local Michael's crafts or Joann fabric store to get you started with some yarn to keep you busy.

Enjoy your trip and keep us posted!

Archived