Towel Topper

skatters

I made this towel topper today and love how it turned out! It made my brain hurt, trying to get my stitches in the right places, but I think it worked out ok in the end. I like this one, because the towel is removable - but it is secure, no falling out. This is my first time working with Red Heart Super Saver - and I am not sure I like it. It is scratchy but it LOOKS scratchy and harsh too.

The pattern was sent to me from dobermama here on the site. Her towel toppers looked much better than mine! Thanks dobermama!

post-53214-13589776004_thumb.jpg

post-53214-135897760045_thumb.jpg

Very Cute great job. Yes RHSS can be scratchy at $2.19 if you get it at Walmart I prefer Hobby Lobby Yarn $3.66 a ball plus it's so soft a little over a $1.00 more but worth it but I do use RHSS alot as well

• 4 weeks later...

I love this towel topper. I like how you can just take the towel out (and not have to sew it onto the topper.) Sometimes after you wash the item, the yarn gets a little softer. I made a whole afghan out of Red Heart, but it is so soft and comfy after being washed. :)

• 3 weeks later...

very nice. I crochet with red heart all the time and don't find it that bad at all. It really does soften up after you wash it. My personal preference is bernat.

Walmart is all I have that is close to me for a yarn store.

• 1 month later...

Love it....been wanting to do that for a long time...I can't find them in the stores anymore...so the next best thing is making them myself

Great job! and very handy to have.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I finally made a green one, but I haven't got a pic of it yet.  Turned out ok, but I think I am going to change a couple things.  I like the idea of not having to cut the towel in half and you can interchange towels when they get dirty.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived