Amy

Announcing: New Forums!

I've been doing a bit of forum cleanup and reorganization today. I'm pleased to announce the creation of some new forums and a new location for a couple others.

Knitting Section

Beginner Knitters

Experienced Knitters

Knooking

The Beginner Knitters and Experienced Knitters forums used to be special interest user groups, which meant you had to sign up for them through your User CP in order to see them. Lately we've had more and more members express interest in learning to knit. We decided to move the knitting forums out to their own public area since many people never seem to realize they exist.

Knooking is getting a lot of interest lately, so we went ahead and created a forum for it. It's technically knitting, even though the tool used is a flexible crochet hook, so a new Knooking forum was placed in the Knitting area as well.

Special Crochet and Fiber Techniques

Members have been asking for these areas for awhile, and I finally had time to devote to creating the new forums and searching for old threads to move into the new areas. So we have these new forums:

Broomstick Lace

Hairpin Lace

Tapestry Crochet

Donna and I hope you'll enjoy having these new areas on the forum.

GREAT!!! So much can be done with these techniques, and they do look so different and are so unique. They will definitely be some of my fav forum's to peruse....

Thank you ladies!!!

I love the new forums; I think it streamlines the site and makes it even more user-friendly. Thanks so much for letting us knitters out of the closet. :lol

patty

Great idea. Although I am not a knitter and currently have no plans to learn how, you just never know. Its nice to know the info is there if I change my mind. Plus I know a lot of our members are talented in both skills and why not let them have easy access to info on both. Now as for the various types of crochet, I will definitely be looking in on them. Thanks for the expansion.

Did you ever think the ville would become this huge when it first started?
Absolutely not! :lol

Congrats!

Did you ever think the ville would become this huge when it first started?

I had no clue at all when I first joined the 'Ville in January 2005.

I think we're now poised for some very big things in the next year of so, that I also wouldn't have envisioned even a year or two ago.

Great things are coming for Crochetville, I believe, and I'm so glad all our members will get to be a part of it with us. The members make this community what it is, and we're anxious to do better and better at providing you with some of the best crochet information and resources available anywhere.