Crochetville Mentioned in VOGUEknitting Crochet magazine

Amy

Crochetville received a special mention in the 2012 special collector's edition Crochet 2012 magazine published by VOGUEknitting. (Look for my review coming soon.)

vkcrochet.jpg

"In fact, crocheting has a number of its own online communities, including Crochet Me (www.crochetme.com) and Crochetville (www.crochetville.org) . . . . Crochetville has a thriving community that posts to its message boards on wide-ranging topics, conducts online crocheting classes, and contributes to free pattern boards. Run by Amy Shelton, current Crochet Guild of America president, and Donna Hulka, it has some serious crocheters overlooking the site."

Erin Slonaker, "Hooking Up on the Web," VOGUEKnitting Crochet 2012 (2012 Special Collector's Issue, page 18).

I didn't even know we'd been mentioned until an advance press copy of the magazine showed up in my mailbox!

:jumpyay:woo:jumpyay How exciting!!!! What a way to find out Crochetville had been mentioned in a magazine by finding an advance copy of the magazine in your mailbox. I would have been thinking "What is this? I didn't order this.":eek :scrachin

Wonderful, it should encourage people to check out crochetville. It will also

encourage people who want to try crochet knowing there is a community

of crocheters to offer assistance.

I got mine as a digital download, I think from a CrochetMe email. It definitely shows some interesting projects. It is definitely way different from what the main crochet magazines show.

Congrats. I bought the magazine while in Sacramento recently and saw that the site was mentioned...awesome...

Archived