Tote bags

sarahw1974

I've been busy working on some tote bags. I found the pattern at Attic24 and have become a big fan of the blog. This pattern is great because you can make any size you want. Thought i'd share a few that I have made so far.

post-47060-135897758855_thumb.jpg

post-47060-135897758859_thumb.jpg

post-47060-135897758862_thumb.jpg

Thanks for sharing I just started one using 2 colors only black and red I am doing 2 rows of each color and can't decided if I like it that way...Suggestion? Did you do 1 of say black and 1 of say pink?

Thanks for sharing I just started one using 2 colors only black and red I am doing 2 rows of each color and can't decided if I like it that way...Suggestion? Did you do 1 of say black and 1 of say pink?

I've tried it several different ways and find I prefer doing 2 to 3 rows of one color and then 1 row of a contrast color. There are just so many options with these it's fun seeing what you can create with simple color changes. Good luck and have fun with it:hook

I've tried it several different ways and find I prefer doing 2 to 3 rows of one color and then 1 row of a contrast color. There are just so many options with these it's fun seeing what you can create with simple color changes. Good luck and have fun with it:hook

Thanks Sarah..I started the bag got 2-4 rows of the SIDES DONE and found 15 in bottom to seem like it was too big? So ripped it out down to 12 inch and just restarting the sides...:O) thanks for your assistance I am curious what the size (circle was your bottom piece..) I have attached a picture so you can believe I am really doing the bag and not just asking 100 questions.. I was thinking w/ more basic lighter colors this bag will be great for a gift bag for new mom to pull all the new gifts one can give them..:O)

post-35509-13589775976_thumb.jpg

Thanks Sarah..I started the bag got 2-4 rows of the SIDES DONE and found 15 in bottom to seem like it was too big? So ripped it out down to 12 inch and just restarting the sides...:O) thanks for your assistance I am curious what the size (circle was your bottom piece..) I have attached a picture so you can believe I am really doing the bag and not just asking 100 questions.. I was thinking w/ more basic lighter colors this bag will be great for a gift bag for new mom to pull all the new gifts one can give them..:O)

I love the black and red. I always just do them to the size I like and stop. I don't actually think i've ever measured them. I've made several different sizes and everyone that I have made them for has preferred the medium sized.

It looks really good can't wait to see it finished:hook

Sarah, where did you find the pattern for the skull and cross bones? I have a blue jean purse i made i have been trying to find something to embelish it with. This would be cool! Love your bags. Might hop on over to the Attic and check the pattern out. Can't remember if I seen that one there or not. Been awhile since I visitied her blog.

Sarah, where did you find the pattern for the skull and cross bones? I have a blue jean purse i made i have been trying to find something to embelish it with. This would be cool! Love your bags. Might hop on over to the Attic and check the pattern out. Can't remember if I seen that one there or not. Been awhile since I visitied her blog.

I purchased the skull and cross bones @ Ravelry.com....the person who has the pattern is Everlaughter...she does a lot of great applique patterns, you can find Everlaughter on facebook as well:hook

Archived