Afghaniac

African Flower afghan from rosy scraps

Hi Afganiac,

That is a lovely blanket from all those scraps; how inspiring. I'm still working on a 63 square sampler blanket to teach me all the different kinds of stitches. I think I up to 50 something.

Brenda

This is stunning! Beautiful!! I love the border you chose, as well! Great job!

beautiful! i love it!

Just lovely!

Hi Afganiac,

That is a lovely blanket from all those scraps; how inspiring. I'm still working on a 63 square sampler blanket to teach me all the different kinds of stitches. I think I up to 50 something.

Brenda

Thanks, Brenda. You're almost there, and it will be so satisfying when you get those blocks put together. I love doing samplers. I just yesterday started on one with 12" squares, using leftover neutral colors of yarn. Still working my way through the stash. Hope you'll post a photo when you're done.

I love it!! Great job!!

Spectacular! But then I don't think I have ever seen you build an afghan that didn't make me gasp when I saw the picture of it! How I wish I had your sense of color!

Spectacular! But then I don't think I have ever seen you build an afghan that didn't make me gasp when I saw the picture of it! How I wish I had your sense of color!

What a nice thing to say! Thank you, Elle. With that afghan I'd just gotten tired of using neutrals for background colors and tried to "think outside the box" this time.

Kay, I'm in awe of your afghan! :cheer Where can I find the pattern? Thanks!

Kay, I'm in awe of your afghan! :cheer Where can I find the pattern? Thanks!

I'm very pleased that you like it. You can find the African Flower motif pattern at several sites. I think this is the one I used:

http://www.craftpassion.com/2011/04/crochet-african-flower-paperweight-granny.html/2

I sewed the motifs together with needle and yarn, arranging them vertically with the longest strip in the middle, with strips of decreasing length on each side. The border is from Edie Eckman's book, "Around the Border Crochet Borders," one of the very few crochet books I go back to time after time.

Beautiful! What a wonderful way to use up all your odds and ends.

Beautiful!

Super stunning...just love the African Flower motif, and the green background sets it off perfectly....

Absolutely stunning !! I love it :hug

I just featured this beautiful afghan on Crochetville's Facebook page.

Afghaniac, thanks for giving me permission to do so!

Beautiful!

Love it!!!!

This is just gorgeous. Gives me lots of ideas. I can't name how much rose, pink, burgundy and green spare yarn I have. Really gorgeous!

Gena

This is just gorgeous. Gives me lots of ideas. I can't name how much rose, pink, burgundy and green spare yarn I have. Really gorgeous!

Gena

Glad you like it. Go for it! It's a great feeling to get those scraps used up. I get so much inspiration from the folks here, I'm always glad when I can spark an idea in someone else.