African Flower afghan from rosy scraps

Afghaniac

Hard to believe, but I actually was able to use all the little balls of pink and rose-toned scraps from my stash (though, sadly, not all the partial skeins). Filled out with a couple of skeins of Michael's Impeccable Light Fern for the background color, so I didn't spend much on additional yarn, since it was $1.99 at a one-day sale.:dance

The border is from Edie Eckman's wonderful book, "Around the Corner Crochet Borders." I can't say too many times how much I like this book -- so much fun when, after all that piecing together, I get to leaf through her book and pick a new border to try.

Now, on to yet another scrap afghan in neutrals, and probably one in shades of green is in order, too. :eek

post-1473-135897758398_thumb.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh that is just stunning! Love your color choices but then again I ALWAYS love what you do! You always inspire me to get out my patterns and try one like it! This is the prettiest African Flower afghan I have seen!

Beautiful! The African Flower motif is one of my all time top favorites to make. It's so versatile. You did a great job as usual and thank you for showing us.

Beautiful! The African Flower motif is one of my all time top favorites to make. It's so versatile. You did a great job as usual and thank you for showing us.

Thanks, Reni. Isn't it fun how each motif turns out so different, depending on whether a round is done in a light or dark color.

Oh that is just stunning! Love your color choices but then again I ALWAYS love what you do! You always inspire me to get out my patterns and try one like it! This is the prettiest African Flower afghan I have seen!

Thank you. What a nice thing to say. In my big push to destash, I'm often finding that the challenge of using scraps can be more fun than just following patterns. With, of course, the help of those great people who share their patterns on the net, and Edie's great border book.

What a beautiful way to use your scraps. it is such a good feelingto put those small bits to use.

Thank you! My husband doesn't get why I don't just throw out those scraps. But I'm enjoying the challenge of using random bits together. Of course, then there's the issue of buying the main color, leading to more bits . . .

Those color combinations are lovely---what a great stash you had!

You did a great job!:crocheting:manyheart

Thanks. That stash has been building up since I restarted my hooking habit around 14-15 years ago. Lots of leftovers from lots of afghans for Project Linus (and my family, of course).

Archived