Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am contemplating joining the scarf swap. I just don't want to bog myself down with too much. I joined the headband swap and I want to do the Christmas swaps. So I have to pick carefully right now so I don't go over my limit. Scarves are my favorite thing to crochet though... Oh choices. Guess I better decide soon though, before the swap closes.

Sorry I've been so in and out lately. Between the migraines, the house, moving, etc... It's just been non stop. And that's not even counting that I work 12+ hours a day.

I think I've decided to stop asking for squares for the charity. I'm just not getting enough of them to sew together to make anything. Bgs sent me some and I think I'll sew hers together to make a scarf, but after hers, I'll just be taking the scarves, hats, mittens, gloves, any warm wearables. I'll update the charity post as well so everyone knows. Just didn't want to be considered for the bright orange squares since they wouldn't get used.

Glad you're feeling better, Katie and Skoggy! Hugs to your little one though. Hoping she gets better super fast! :)

Here's a brief updated count on squares received so far...16 eight inchers and 1 smaller...I will make matching smaller ones to add in here and there, as I have several 12 inchers to put in the Ghan...

So glad that the cooler weather is around the corner...It has been great here for the past two days with opened windows and a slight bit of breeze, every once in a while...Today will probably be the last of it though as it is predicted to reach 90 degrees and 40% chance of scattered showers...Since humidity is picking up I'll no doubt turn on the A/C to dehumidify...

I am contemplating joining the scarf swap. I just don't want to bog myself down with too much. I joined the headband swap and I want to do the Christmas swaps. So I have to pick carefully right now so I don't go over my limit. Scarves are my favorite thing to crochet though... Oh choices. Guess I better decide soon though, before the swap closes.

Sorry I've been so in and out lately. Between the migraines, the house, moving, etc... It's just been non stop. And that's not even counting that I work 12+ hours a day.

I think I've decided to stop asking for squares for the charity. I'm just not getting enough of them to sew together to make anything. Bgs sent me some and I think I'll sew hers together to make a scarf, but after hers, I'll just be taking the scarves, hats, mittens, gloves, any warm wearables. I'll update the charity post as well so everyone knows. Just didn't want to be considered for the bright orange squares since they wouldn't get used.

Glad you're feeling better, Katie and Skoggy! Hugs to your little one though. Hoping she gets better super fast! :)

Kim, I hear ya, I will remove the charity link or leave it up, just not for squares, beside your name and then you still can collect squares for your own ghan, is that how you want it?? lemme know, we aim to please! :lol

Here's a brief updated count on squares received so far...16 eight inchers and 1 smaller...I will make matching smaller ones to add in here and there, as I have several 12 inchers to put in the Ghan...

So glad that the cooler weather is around the corner...It has been great here for the past two days with opened windows and a slight bit of breeze, every once in a while...Today will probably be the last of it though as it is predicted to reach 90 degrees and 40% chance of scattered showers...Since humidity is picking up I'll no doubt turn on the A/C to dehumidify...

ok, on the last day of the month or whenever you are sure no more are headed your way, give us a count of total collected, and if you need any more and how many more, you would be surprised as folks here like being HEROS and you might get enough pledged to :cheerFINISH THAT GHAN!! :cheerThanks for the update estee!!

ok, im off to pick and chose out of the squares i have made where to send them, lol I think i have at least 3 people on board that haven't ever recieved one from me yet, I have been lax in my duty, apologies all around!! I will get the three newer joinees out their puffy from me later this week, or tomorrow if I get done with packing them!! So they will go out to bhazell, vikingrunnergirl, and bandmom72, for which i have addys for already. so heads up ladies, goodies headed out!! I will post when mailed!:cheer

Katie - yes, we can leave the link up just so new members can find the charity thread easily if they want to donate. But I just don't want to hold on to 6 or 7 squares that can't go into something bigger. So I'll make a scarf with the square from Bgs and then be done with charity squares. Still very happy to accept other items for the charity though.

And still very happy to receive squares from all of you for my personal friendship ghan. I think I have about 14 squares already, so might be time to start bordering and figuring out a configuration soon. Since I have all different sizes, I'll have to do it like Cindy did. But I really love that look. So pretty with all the different sizes. I know it takes a lot of planning though. Still so impressed with how she did hers.

Ok, off to call the water company, gas company, electric company... To get services transferred while the babies sleep... Ugh - no fun!

hi there girls....

gosh I havent posted on here for ages..........Ive been busy....husband and I have separated,and I now have a full time job..( quite a change in my life -huh?lol) but I love my job, the only downside is -I dont have the play time to enjoy my crocheting/sewing etc lol as much as I did before.

I was so thrilled this week to get a lovely package from pineknott-5 ( isnt that amazing) beautiful pink/lime squares for my friendship ghan- I think I will have to pull out my squares and see what I can put together-its been a while since Ipulled them out!!

I am off today and tomorrow and hope to have a little time for getting back into my wonderful crocheting...(I think Id like to make a long black vest/or grey mettalic colored vest.....saw one in macys and I know I can make one just as nice- or even nicer!!-just have to find the perfect pattern)

I may even try to squeeze in a trip to joannes for yarn If I find that perfect pattern lol

will check back and read more of the threads and see who I can send some squares out too...its been so long since I chatted-ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh its so nice to have time to hang out with my fab crochet friends!

crochet hugs

fiona

Hi friends. Sorry I haven't been as active lately. I've been having some pretty significant migraines. I went to the doctor yesterday to figure it all out. So now I have some better meds in my arsenal of things to try when I get one of these crippling migraines.

In another news - more issues buying the new house. I posted a thread about it in the prayers and warm wishes section because I think that's all that will get us through this at this point - lots and lots of prayers! So if you have a second, would you mind popping over to that section and sending some really good vibes our way?? :)

I've been trying to keep up on posts though. And I've been making those Tunisian squares for Kim's charity.

Thanks friends!! :)

I truly feel for you with the migraines! I have had so many over the past few weeks I am surprised I have gotten anything done at all.

Ice packs and sleep are my best friends as of late.

Off topic but that last part reminded me of how I feel like I have been talking like an old lady lately LOL I have been popping out words like "persnickity" and "by golly" or how about " I've got a hunkerin for some homemade biscuits" That made my daughter stop in her tracks and look at me odd.

And going with the migraine thing, I told my friend the other day "a storm is a comin, my head is hurting like I may get a headache" low and behold a storm came and I got a migraine.

At least I didn't say something about my knee/ elbow creaking. (which my knees do HA just not because of the weather.

I swear I am only 37!!! not 87 :D

ANYWAY.......feel better hon and happy crocheting everyone.

ok, im off to pick and chose out of the squares i have made where to send them, lol I think i have at least 3 people on board that haven't ever recieved one from me yet, I have been lax in my duty, apologies all around!! I will get the three newer joinees out their puffy from me later this week, or tomorrow if I get done with packing them!! So they will go out to bhazell, vikingrunnergirl, and bandmom72, for which i have addys for already. so heads up ladies, goodies headed out!! I will post when mailed!:cheer

ha, i just quoted myself! cool...:eek....anywho, i did get out today to mail off those three puffies mentioned above! Vikingrunnergirl, I checked and had included you, so you're getting a couple more, can't stop the us mail, and besides, we have no real rules here, right, lol they: said friday or saturday, im betting monday?? '

ok all, heads down, eyes alert, fingers nimble, and we're OFF!! *more ways than one???*:hook:crocheting

hi Lacey, and Cindy, and everyone else! board has been quiet and i hope all is well you all of you!! Been getting my donation to local charities ready, my craft room is in a mess, but it's a joy ful mess, lol baby hats, and ghans, some scarves, and a few adult lap ghans, all piled up looking so darned colore full! I have to deliver one bag tomorrow to our drop off for Project LInus, and then the other place for the baby stuff, she will come and get those, Emerg. Preg. Center gal, and wait till the 6th, to drive up the street, to the shelter donation truck parked in a parking lot for the day, and deliver the rest, but after that, I will have a good part of my closet, and my room back@@ so YAY!!

Just wish they could all come and get them tonight!!!!!!!!! lol

Then I will vac in there, adn get my room back for the winter, well ok, least part of it, ha ha.....all for now, stay well.................keep hookin"!!!

Thanks, Katie! I just got caught up on posts now and saw your first one about squares and thought "Oh, when I get to the end of the thread I have to remind her she sent me some already!" But then I saw your next one on squares and oh well, never mind. :)

We have just been so beat up these last few weeks.... Acquiring a dog might not have been the best move for us right now... especially one so big and strong! And who is, irritatingly, afraid of lots of things, to which her philosophy appears to be that the best defense is a good offense.

The puppy trainers assure us that there's nothing wrong with her (which we weren't thinking anyway) and that as she gains self-confidence and learns our rules she'll do better, but it has been H-A-R-D hard in the meantime! She tears around the house chasing the cat, she mouths us constantly when she gets excited, she's now started grabbing at our clothes and refusing to let go.... Ugh.

But on the other hand, she will more often than not wait for her food until we say "ok" you can go, EVEN watching us put the food on the floor across the kitchen, and without us holding the leash. And she's much better on walks than she was three weeks ago! So we know there's light ahead. We're just bruised and exhausted in the meantime!

(My poor husband has been doing two runs a day now, and even at shorter distances it's starting to take a toll on him. The other day I was running around the house with her, at full tilt for me, when we came around to the front directly facing a couple walking their dog past our house. She... sped up. I hit the dirt. Deliberately, since I knew it was the only chance in h*** I had of stopping her. That... actually was kinda funny, even at the time.)

Ok, I'm rambling! But that's pretty much why I haven't been as active as I was when I first joined, and why I haven't really gotten much done lately. That, and I'm not sure the depression meds are working right now.

Good morning! I'm finally going to get four puffies out the door.....and wait for the Oct square so I can get started on those!

I recently 'found' an old friend on facebook and her family might be moving to the Chicago area (husband job) so I'm so happy! Would be so good to reconnect!

TGIF!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

oops, forgot about a clue, ok ok here's one.....she is in central time zone, and her zip code starts with a six..

Me me! So far I fit the clue!

but others might as well so.........

But a girl can hope can't she!

kuddles

What a busy/crazy day for me...My friend that has a restaurant is having bar-B-que pork and chicken specials for the day...He usually closes at 2pm, but today he's gonna stay until the food runs out...I made some coleslaw for him and took it over earlier...He was still in breakfast mode (while meat cooked on the grill/smoker) and he ran out of breakfast sausage...soooo I ran to store and bought him 2 boxes of Tennesee Pride Sausage Patties...Aren't I a life saver ???...(only kidding)...

My youngest daughter (AJ) went to Miami to visit her sister (who will be 50 on Sunday)...I wish I could have gone but Grandma has to take care of Nike (AJ's cat)...

But that's OK as I'll take a bunch of tailed squares with me to finish off all proper like...

Just that much closer to finishing up the bunch for my ghan...

A/C back on...Highs in low 90s today...I'm praying for rain, but don't think it will happen til Monday...

By the way...all you Yarn Aholics...I read somewhere that Handcock Fabrics is having a blowout yarn sale...Wish there were one near me...

Wow you ARE busy!

I do have a hancock fabrics down the road but no blow out sale here!

kuddles

What a busy/crazy day for me...My friend that has a restaurant is having bar-B-que pork and chicken specials for the day...He usually closes at 2pm, but today he's gonna stay until the food runs out...I made some coleslaw for him and took it over earlier...He was still in breakfast mode (while meat cooked on the grill/smoker) and he ran out of breakfast sausage...soooo I ran to store and bought him 2 boxes of Tennesee Pride Sausage Patties...Aren't I a life saver ???...(only kidding)...

My youngest daughter (AJ) went to Miami to visit her sister (who will be 50 on Sunday)...I wish I could have gone but Grandma has to take care of Nike (AJ's cat)...

But that's OK as I'll take a bunch of tailed squares with me to finish off all proper like...

Just that much closer to finishing up the bunch for my ghan...

A/C back on...Highs in low 90s today...I'm praying for rain, but don't think it will happen til Monday...

By the way...all you Yarn Aholics...I read somewhere that Handcock Fabrics is having a blowout yarn sale...Wish there were one near me...

i recieved a package today that contained two squares. both are varigated baby colors and one has pink trim and the other has yellow trim. thank you so much they are greatly appreciated.

Archived