Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Wow, glad you are around to keep him safe. Will she give him to you?

She is refusing to give him to m which is why me and my mom went to the court house and filed legal papers for full custody of him. Just waiting for a court date

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When what to my wondering eyes did appear... Yesterday (Sat) there was a key to a larger lock box just sittin in my little mail box....Of course my mail box was crammed with the usual stuff, but a "special key", that is awesome...I retrieved two overstuffed puffy packages, that wouldn't fit in my mail receptacle...I couldn't wait to get home to see what they contained...I did notice the postmarks...One from Missouri and one from Down Under...Now I wonder who they were from...

To be continued....

CONTINUED....

Sorry bout that, my son came to p/u my 2000 Neon...He sold it to his girlfriend's family...I had to drive it to his house while he followed to make sure mama was ok...It is a wreck of a car...nothing works...I told him to make sure they know they are getting it "as is"...Soooo he just brought me back home...It was a nice visit...

Meantime, back to yesterday... 2 beautiful squares from Brenda (bgs)...a turq and a bluish purple with lacy centers...I love the little tags she puts on her handiwork and Paula (our little Aussie) sent 2 (I call them square edged squares)...you know, the small granny with 2 sides edged up to size...Fabulous colors, one main color edged in pumpkin and the other one main color edged in a fairy blue...Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to both of you...

Total count received...so far = 16 biggies and 1 baby...I must say this Ghan is growing...

just checking in from my new phone! i started estees squares but I got a couple of requests from dh to fill first:D

Posted from Crochetville.org App for Android

Ooo they have a Crochetville app?? I have it bookmarked on my phone right now, but I'm going to have to check that out!

I still gotta get Estees squares in the mail. I'm still trying to get used to working. I come home exhausted every day. But I will try to get them out Wednesday. My only day off besides Sunday. They're all finished.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindysSweetThings

just checking in from my new phone! i started estees squares but I got a couple of requests from dh to fill first

Ooo they have a Crochetville app?? I have it bookmarked on my phone right now, but I'm going to have to check that out!

I still gotta get Estees squares in the mail. I'm still trying to get used to working. I come home exhausted every day. But I will try to get them out Wednesday. My only day off besides Sunday. They're all finished.

the first couple of weeks back to work a the hardest. hang in there!

Emma, that Tree of Life afghan looks like it's going to be great! I keep seeing it in the catalog and thinking "hmmm..." but I don't know if it'll ever go in my queue. A little too ambitious to consider (says the woman with a Modified Cathedral Window in the queue!) right now. I hope you'll keep us posted as you make progress!

Lacey, the situation with your nephew sounds so upsetting. I hope things work out for all of you. That must be scary! Poor little guy. :(

Congratulations Kim, and welcome Robin! (I only caught up on about three pages for now...)

Ok, now I have a possibly silly question. I have had for years now in my stash a bright orange worsted yarn. I mean BRIGHT bright, like the color that hunters wear. I got it for a sweater and once I got it home, realised it REALLY wasn't going to work (I'd gotten it out of desperation because I was having such trouble finding the right orange in the right weight... thought I could handle the brightness but then realised it just wasn't going to work for that project).

So, my question is, could anybody use bright orange squares for their ghan? I've been scratching my head trying to think what to do with it! Though it just occurred to me I could always mix it with black and white and make a halloween project. :D

Hi to all!

Haven't been posting much the last couple of days, wasn't feeling well, but i think I am finally on the mend! To the one that has orange, (vikingRUnner??) I think orange would be great here and there in a fallish kinda afghan, and also, Im sure Kim, or Owlvamp, or or anyone else out there on the ville that is collecting squares for a charity project would love them too, you shouldn't have much of a problem, as you know what they say here on Yarn Hill..... Hook it,and they will claim it!! no Granny goes unloved, or un-used on Yarn Hill!!!!!!!!

Fall is in the air, crisp and clean, leaves piling up, windows open, breezes cleaning out all the rooms, my cats are in heaven, an open window in every room mama!!!!!! more later, hope all is well in your little corner of the world!

I would be more than happy to include any of those orange squares in a charity blanket for CrochetCleveland.

Emma, that Tree of Life afghan looks like it's going to be great! I keep seeing it in the catalog and thinking "hmmm..." but I don't know if it'll ever go in my queue. A little too ambitious to consider (says the woman with a Modified Cathedral Window in the queue!) right now. I hope you'll keep us posted as you make progress!

Lacey, the situation with your nephew sounds so upsetting. I hope things work out for all of you. That must be scary! Poor little guy. :(

Congratulations Kim, and welcome Robin! (I only caught up on about three pages for now...)

Ok, now I have a possibly silly question. I have had for years now in my stash a bright orange worsted yarn. I mean BRIGHT bright, like the color that hunters wear. I got it for a sweater and once I got it home, realised it REALLY wasn't going to work (I'd gotten it out of desperation because I was having such trouble finding the right orange in the right weight... thought I could handle the brightness but then realised it just wasn't going to work for that project).

So, my question is, could anybody use bright orange squares for their ghan? I've been scratching my head trying to think what to do with it! Though it just occurred to me I could always mix it with black and white and make a halloween project. :D

Sending feel good vibes your way

Hi to all!

Haven't been posting much the last couple of days, wasn't feeling well, but i think I am finally on the mend! To the one that has orange, (vikingRUnner??) I think orange would be great here and there in a fallish kinda afghan, and also, Im sure Cindy or Owlvamp, or MsMcKee, or anyone else out there on the ville that is collecting squares for a charity project would love them too, you shouldn't have much of a problem, as you know what they say here on Yarn Hill..... Hook it,and they will claim it!! no Granny goes unloved, or un-used on Yarn Hill!!!!!!!!

Fall is in the air, crisp and clean, leaves piling up, windows open, breezes cleaning out all the rooms, my cats are in heaven, an open window in every room mama!!!!!! more later, hope all is well in your little corner of the world!

Sorry to hear that you haven't been up to scratch Katy. :hug I'm on the mend but my little'un still isn't great. :( She seems to get anything that is going round and she doesn't even go to Daycare! :lol Hopefully she will get better soon.

Can't wait for Halloween. I'm going to make a few themed project for some friends and make a Xmas-style stocking for Felicia for some Halloween goodies.

Anyone else on the Scarf / Cowl swap? Can't wait to see who I get partnered with. I love C'Ville swaps. Getting to really know fellow crocheters. :)

Oh thanks you two, I edited my last post, I forgot to put Kim's name in collecting squares for charity, so I added it, sorry not thinking straight yet apparently.....another thing, Ill just add here,

Random numbers generated Sep 25 2012 at 12:25:21 by http://www.psychicscience.org/random.aspx

Free educational resources for parapsychology, psychical research & mind magic.

this means, I have a winner for October's Biggest Square!!!!!!! winner to be announced on the first!!!!!!!!!! is it YOU! Or maybe YOU!! hints to follow later!!!!!!!

Glad your on the mend Katie.

Skoggy I'm also in with the scarf/cowl swap! I already have my patterns picked out. Just waiting to find out what my partners preferences are to order yarn.

Can't wait to find out who the next biggest square is!

Oh Katy, feel better ! We need you!

I love fall! My favorite time of year! Just heard today that with our drought, we won't get the pretty colors! Anyone live somewhere where you will get them and would you like a weekend visitor!

kuddles

aw thanks gang, can't keep a hooker down for long, eh!! Estee has done well this month, how many total estee, can you say yet?? I think more is still coming....... so we will see, she needed 20 so if we need a few more, we gotta call in the heros to fullfil that order!! We will wait and see for now, she still has some days left......5 and counting till the passing of the crown!! woo hoo!

Glad your on the mend Katie.

Skoggy I'm also in with the scarf/cowl swap! I already have my patterns picked out. Just waiting to find out what my partners preferences are to order yarn.

Can't wait to find out who the next biggest square is!

Sorry to hear that you haven't been up to scratch Katy. :hug I'm on the mend but my little'un still isn't great. :( She seems to get anything that is going round and she doesn't even go to Daycare! :lol Hopefully she will get better soon.

Can't wait for Halloween. I'm going to make a few themed project for some friends and make a Xmas-style stocking for Felicia for some Halloween goodies.

Anyone else on the Scarf / Cowl swap? Can't wait to see who I get partnered with. I love C'Ville swaps. Getting to really know fellow crocheters. :)

wouldn't it be cool if paula and skoggy got each other for partners in their swap!! :clap

Archived