katyallen8090

Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Happy Ground Hog Day! We always watch the Bill Murray movie Ground Hog Day in honor of the day. Katy just checked your weather and it sounds like you are in the midst of one heck of a snowstorm. Hope you are enjoying a diet coke and crocheting. We had a lot of thunder and lightening last night along with heavy rains.

• Like 3

Hello everyone.

Sorry I didn't get here yesterday, it was a busy day of work, post office to mail a puffy for February, Walmart for groceries and I had a sewing guild meeting last night. Today I worked half the day so I could come home and start prepping for a colonoscopy tomorrow morning, just routine because my doctor seems to think that I'm getting old. :lol  I'm doing some sewing although I've been warned that I'm probably going to feel very tired in a little while so I'll see how much I get done before the sofa calls my name. Guess that's about it for me, I'll check in tomorrow after my adventure to the doctor. Have a good everyone.

• Like 2

hi all,

well so far we have survived mother nature, we'll see in the am, as supposed to get more through tonight, but all in all, things are ok. daughter didn't have to go to work today, so she had a snow day, lol she liked that, seemed the entire city was closed, trying to keep traffic at a low, so the plows can work quickly..

plows hae been by several times though, and probbly will several more times, before it is over.

on the all of it, doing ok, just kinda lazy, and a bit bored i guess..

never really go tthe wind gusts they predicted though, so that is good.. :clap

i have wasted away the day im afraid, crocheedt a bit, my only accomplishment really, but that is ok, sometimes we all need a day to do nothing, but what we want, right, lol

well im going to watch the Cuse of Oak Island, finale, in a few, so hope all is safe and warmie tonight!!! TILL tomorrow then!!

• Like 1

Hey everyone! I'm sorry I've been missing for so long. We've been busier than ever lately and I just haven't had time to keep up.

I have a picture to share! Katie I am so so so sorry. :( I took this the day these arrived, it's been sitting on my phone judging me all this time. But they are lovely and much appreciated! And, as always, the little guy was very excited to help me open the puffy and examine them all.

I have to say that I'm going to be changing my preferences to "not receiving, just sending when I can" for the foreseeable future. I still love you everybody! But life is interfering with yearning right now.

And just look at these colors! Aren't they wonderful?

post-62070-0-79958700-1454468455_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Viking glad you checked in. Seems like most everyone is going through a too busy with life's issues spell. Hopefully things will settle down and get better for all.

Katy hope you made it through okay

and didn't lose power. I don't seem to accomplish much on those kinds of days either because I can't focus on anything but the weather. I guess we got the wind. It's been really howling. I don't like listening it.

Edited by bgs
  • Like 2

Hello.

I'm home from my colonoscopy everything went well. I feel kinda tired so I will be spending the remainder of the day playing with yarn and maybe take a nap. Have a great day everyone.

• Like 3

Hello everyone. I have been snow bound for 3 days and did nothing but crochet...and shovel snow!!  We got over two feet of snow.

And I got two days off of work because of the snow!! I busted stash by making rectangles for Warm Up America.

Take care every one and stay warm if you're in the path of the blizzard.

• Like 2

Hey everyone! I'm sorry I've been missing for so long. We've been busier than ever lately and I just haven't had time to keep up.

I have a picture to share! Katie I am so so so sorry. :( I took this the day these arrived, it's been sitting on my phone judging me all this time. But they are lovely and much appreciated! And, as always, the little guy was very excited to help me open the puffy and examine them all.

I have to say that I'm going to be changing my preferences to "not receiving, just sending when I can" for the foreseeable future. I still love you everybody! But life is interfering with yearning right now.

And just look at these colors! Aren't they wonderful?

hey  Lauren, so gald to hear from you, you have been missed, and worse than that, we have had little Viking Story withdrawl! hope you join us again at least on the chat thing, lo, till later, take care!!

Viking glad you checked in. Seems like most everyone is going through a too busy with life's issues spell. Hopefully things will settle down and get better for all.

Katy hope you made it through okay

and didn't lose power. I don't seem to accomplish much on those kinds of days either because I can't focus on anything but the weather. I guess we got the wind. It's been really howling. I don't like listening it.

We didnd't get much more than a dusting over night, and wa enough today, sunshine and temps higher, that a whole lot of it melte t today   good for the good report carol, just rest up a day or two even!!

Hello.

I'm home from my colonoscopy everything went well. I feel kinda tired so I will be spending the remainder of the day playing with yarn and maybe take a nap. Have a great day everyone.

Hello everyone. I have been snow bound for 3 days and did nothing but crochet...and shovel snow!!  We got over two feet of snow.

And I got two days off of work because of the snow!! I busted stash by making rectangles for Warm Up America.

Take care every one and stay warm if you're in the path of the blizzard.

sounds like you m ade the best of the day anyways, so that is good!! snow is fine, when you don't have go anywhere, or run any errands,or drive in it, lol or shovel i tto!!!

• Like 2

Happy B Day- Snowbear!

We also love "Groundhog Day". Apparently the groundhog says we will have an early Spring. Let us all hope so.

I haven't been working on squares enough lately and have a pesky headache today but will have to get through the day somehow.

Have a great day- everyone.

• Like 2

Hello.

I went to work today but haven't felt like myself and I've been tired all day. I guess yesterday took more out of me than I thought it would, everyone I talked to said they were fine the day after their colonoscopy. I think my anxiety being bad for a few days before my procedure may be part of the reason I'm feeling so tired. So I picked up dinner on my way home and I'm going to relax and do a little crocheting. I hope everyone has a good night.

• Like 2

ah dear, bad news here, water heater element, one of them went out,and it's too cold and snowy for handyman to fix it right now, and probably for a few days, till it warms up some. I can live with it though, I don't use much hot water all day, and I can still have my luke warmish shower at night, lol....it's cool, we can manage for a couple days im sure....He got two elements, and will replace them both while at it, so it doesn't happen again too soon, with the other one....which is keeping the water luke warm, enough for a shower, but i lik hot showers, lol so will be ok for a week or so.....when we first moved here, one was out, cause i didn't understand why the water nver got too hot, then checking it, one was out, so fixed that one, now 7 or 8 years later, the other one is out but i am thankfull he can do it, and will do it  soon, without calling a service co.

In other news,feeling ok, both of us,.and our maxie the cat is fine, and daughter and son in law are both fine so compared to other's prohlems i fee lthis is just trivial, so will not devote any time to worrying bout it!! will  insted will spend the time i would have woried about it, and say a prayer for those with worse problems!

well all for now squares , have a good one, and see you tomorrow!! :heart  :rose  :heart

• Like 1

katy it would work fine for me. Don't take hot showers. I don't know why when I freeze all the time but I just don't . So hopefully it will get nice out for you to get it fixed.

It has rained here for 2 days and it's suppose to rain again tomorrow. That stinks.

Hope everyone is well. Stay warm.

• Like 2

Quick quick check in, I'm on the tablet so I am sorry I haven't replied to any new posts, it's difficult to do anything lengthy on here, or I'm just lazy, one. Hope everyone is doing well and feeling better. Talk to you all tomorrow.

• Like 1

katy sorry about the hot water heater. We've been there---2 elements, 2 thermostats and figuring out which is the problem. Last time we put 2 new elements in rather than just the one that quit. We found some really heavy duty ones and went with those. What was bad was the year we had to replace the water heater. The one we needed had to be special ordered and it took a few weeks to come in. Of course it was winter when that tap water is really cold so I heated water on the stove.

Spent the morning prepping for next cold spell -emptying ash from the wood stove, carrying in wood, filling bird feeders. Then it was time to scrub the sinks, dish drainer, coffee pot, tea pot, and I put a tenderloin roast in the oven to cook for supper. You get my drift same old chores different day.

No Peanut pics for awhile. Won't he have a bd soon?

• Like 3

Happy Friday!

Today was a pretty good day, busy as usual. I'm planning to go to dinner with my youngest daughter and her hubby tonight. Our weather is on the too cool side for me and the weekend is suppose to be even cooler so I will be spending most of the weekend inside sewing or crocheting.

Katie, I hope the water heater is fixed soon. I love really hot showers so I hate it when our water heater goes out.

Guess that's about it for now. 

• Like 1

katy it would work fine for me. Don't take hot showers. I don't know why when I freeze all the time but I just don't . So hopefully it will get nice out for you to get it fixed.

It has rained here for 2 days and it's suppose to rain again tomorrow. That stinks.

Hope everyone is well. Stay warm.

owlvamp, why not hot showers, i mean not int he summer, but i do in the winter, i use a moisturzing shower gel though, does it have something to do with drying out the skin?? I am able to get a short, luke warm shower, if I don't run the sinks in the daytime, lol ah well, on more day....

Quick quick check in, I'm on the tablet so I am sorry I haven't replied to any new posts, it's difficult to do anything lengthy on here, or I'm just lazy, one. Hope everyone is doing well and feeling better. Talk to you all tomorrow.

hey ya tribble, good to see you checkin in with us!! hope all is well with the littletribble...

katy sorry about the hot water heater. We've been there---2 elements, 2 thermostats and figuring out which is the problem. Last time we put 2 new elements in rather than just the one that quit. We found some really heavy duty ones and went with those. What was bad was the year we had to replace the water heater. The one we needed had to be special ordered and it took a few weeks to come in. Of course it was winter when that tap water is really cold so I heated water on the stove.

Spent the morning prepping for next cold spell -emptying ash from the wood stove, carrying in wood, filling bird feeders. Then it was time to scrub the sinks, dish drainer, coffee pot, tea pot, and I put a tenderloin roast in the oven to cook for supper. You get my drift same old chores different day.

thanks all, looks like weather will cooperate tomorrow, as he has to drain it out first, and didn't want a lot of ice, with a hose through the back door making it eve colder, lol, tomorrow will be the day, as i started to heat water on the stove, he told me  why dont i just wait to clean those dishes rill tomorrow, afer he has te elements in, didn't take much else to convince, to be sure, lol..

thanks to all, and carol you lil lady stay in tomorrow, and sew to your hearts content!!

Bgs, you remind me of all the things i too must do in the next few days, sigh,,,,,,never done with chores are we!!

• Like 1

gonna find something to do now, lol be back later maybe, till then, take care all.......

I miss the little viking stories, and the peanut pics, moms out there, get the camera out again!!

Scrapper, how ou doing, and pine knott, and snow bear, katie, lacey, and all i know Im missing!! :ghug  too all!!

• Like 1

I believe that when my head gets to hot I can't breathe right. I like my head cold and body hot. What a great combination .LOL

• Like 1

Was a busy day today, Little Tribble had to go to Natonwide Childrens for his yearly eye appointment. He has congenital cataracts on his left eye and astigmatism so they have been monitoring him since he was born. His prescription will be weaker than the glasses he has now which is great news. His glasses now are really strong. They always dilate his pupils and on the way home he says, Mommy, my vision is returning. What 5 year old says that instead of hey mommy, I can see better. He's so funny.

That is a 5 hour trip altogether, what with how long it takes while we are there. We got back home about 2ish. I laid down at 3-5 for a nap so I could be at work by 7 for a 12 hour shift. Ick! I am going to be tired in the morning, lol.

We had leftovers for supper so I didn't have to cook.

I made a dog collar for our Chihuahua last night out of pop tabs and paracord, turned out really cute, so I think I might make them for the rest of our dogs. I also made little Tribble a paracord bracelet. I made it in red one of his favorite colors and he's now asking for one in his number one favorite color, glittery gold.

• Like 1

He'll be 2 in March!  :D I've only got about a million new pictures so I'll add some before I hit post! 

Posting on a tablet is such a pain!! I can manage basic posts, but trying to respond to people is just not happening. I hit quote and it breaks the quote down into all the basic computer lingo and i can't tell what's what. 

I'm finally back on the laptop tonight. I can't remember the last time I posted, but DH and I got back in town on Saturday and we've been running errands and getting the house back in order and going to the gym every night. By the time we get back from the gym, I have the energy to shower and that's about the end of it for me! All this work cooking healthier meals and spending 5 nights a week at the gym is paying off though- 16lbs down so far!  :yay

I spent Monday with Sister and Peanut running errands and getting my car inspected. Wednesday DH and I ran errands and went into Old Navy to get me a couple more things to wear to the gym and as I was digging through the clearance section, I look up and DH has disappeared. I figured he know what I'm after so he'll come find me. As I'm looking in the regular section, I look up and he's coming at me with a little tiny t-shirt for the Peanut. We spent about 30 minutes going through all their sales and getting a big bag for him. DH acts tough, but he loves that little Peanut!  :manyheart  So yesterday we had to deliver the goods and Peanut was so happy with his new Minions t-shirt above everything else. I got a picture from Sister right after we left of Peanut bringing her the shirt to put on him. 

I ran out of one of my background colors for Peanut's Minion afghan so I've got to go to AC Moore tomorrow and I want to go by Michaels and see if I can get one of these new yarn-themed tote bags they have. I've seen some pictures on Facebook and Instagram and I really want one! Not that I need another tote bag, but you know how that goes! 

Okay, Peanut pictures... 

post-11765-0-10940400-1454733383_thumb.jpg

Going for a ride in his car with the Dumbo that we got him. 

post-11765-0-48474500-1454733600_thumb.jpg

Peanut loves selfies and my mom's dog (who Sister took when she went into the hospital before she passed) is basically the funniest thing ever.

post-11765-0-04113400-1454734110_thumb.jpg

Selfies even make him smile after 2 shots! Although they didn't save him later when he had blood drawn for tests.  :reyes

post-11765-0-62233600-1454733838_thumb.jpg

Monday while we were waiting for Sister to pump gas. Peanut was waving at us and then all of a sudden he said loud and proud "TEE TEE!!" and I could have cried, I was so happy. When we finished our errands for the day and pulled back up into my driveway, he announced "Unca!!" (which is what we call DH) and was ready to get out of his seat and go in.  :manyheart

Okay, I'm going to check in on Stashbusting and then I'm off for the night. Glad to be back and able to actually respond!  :) I hope everyone has a good weekend! 

• Like 3

Good Morning All!

Peanut is looks adorable.

Tribble, it's amazing what comes out the little ones mouths, my grandkids are always suprising me.  Glad Little Tribble's appointment well.

My morning didn't start out the best. I was awake and out of bed at 4:45 a.m., that's not unusual, but by 6:30 a.m. I was calling the gastro doctor. She told me to only drink juice today and call her back this afternoon unless I start feeling bad then to call her sooner.  I feel fine so I'm not sure what's going on. I'm just taking it easy and doing some sewing. Our weather is nice now but it's suppose to get cold again tonight so I will be sporting a warm shawl or jacket for church tomorrow. Guess that's about it for me. Have a great day.

• Like 2

Just a quick hello.  I plan to be in my craft room most of the day. Not sure which UFO I'll work on though. One of the projects will call my name when I walk into the room  :lol.

Have a great day everyone!!!     ​

• Like 1