Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there is a thread on the elp thread that will give you instructions on how to do pics, first it all has to be stored somwhere on your computer, like documents, or pictures, or even desk top. where you can locate it easily .. the help thread is here...or adding images, here..... if that is not a good source, conact the staff forstep by step help maybeI don't want to tell you wrong. good luck, glad you are feeling better arlene, i think my puffy for you will leave omaha tomorrow lol....

i know you clikc on the more reply options button located on the far right bottom of this box,then click on browse to find what pic you are wanting to post a little box will pop up, asking you to paste in the link of the image you want to post, find you image, click on it to open it, copy ad paste in the link in the box povided hit add to post......I can't thnk of the other things you need to do, without actually doing them first, so if this is wrong anyone, please add your two cents worth........

and s :manyheart s far as that goes, for me anyway, once i make and send squares to someone, the are theirs to do with what they wish, they no longer belong to me, and anyway the recipient choses to make use of them, is entirely up to her! im pleased they go to a good place, and that they get used, for whatever, or even whomever, they end up, long as they make someone happy!! :clap:ty:soap 

Hello.

I'm home, missing my daughter and grandkids and not looking forward to going to work tomorrow. I like my job but I've really been enjoying summer break. I've unpacked and started laundry and did a couple other little chores around here and now I am putting together squares for a blanket for my grandson. Hope everyone has a great week.

Thanks you everyone. Had news today Pastor's dad is really bad now as well and nit expected to pull through. They are have a pastor appreciation week after next as today was 15 yrs for him at church and his bday so I'll try to get it made up for that. They will live it I am sure. :)

Good Morning

trying to get used to the new screen view after the windows 10 updates

the weather right now at 7:40ish is rather pleasant,but heat and humidity is starting to crank up again,I'm really looking forward to Nov.I know it will be cool by then.

Hi everyone! So sorry I fell off the board, we've been fighting colds plus tons of ballet classes all over the place plus school plus this excuse, that reason and therefore, here I am! lol 

That is such a sweet idea, Sopo, to use your squares for your pastor's wife! I hope she finds comfort in it and I'll be praying for their whole family as they deal with such illness.  :hug

I hope everyone is doing well and happy!  :manyheart

ImmaFreek glad you got more good news.

sopo I feel like katy does about the squares , when I send them to someone they are theirs to use as they wish.  It makes me very happy to hear how you want to use these.  I really like our little group already organized and ready to make and send squares when they are needed.

Hey Ladies!

Wow...it's been over a year since I've checked in here...I've missed you all.

**Trigger Warning**

Last year was a rough one for me, I had a surprise (but very much wanted) pregnancy...unfortunately, right when I was getting excited about it, I started showing signs of miscarriage.  Ultrasound confirmed that I had lost the baby but also that it looked like it had been in my left tube...so I guess I'm supposed to be glad that I didn't lose my tube as well.  I spent a lot of time avoiding people and being angry and while I don't know what an appropriate amount of time to grieve is (I don't tend to do thing appropriately anyway)..

I've decided to get back to focusing on things that I love and that make me happy.

I've picked my hooks back up and since it's way to hot to finish the 3 big projects I started a while ago, I can make squares  :)

And I promise to try not to go missing again any time soon.

Nik

All is well :) heartbeat is 172 and is measuring right on schedule:) everything looks great :)

:yay  :hug

Hey Ladies!

**Trigger Warning**

Last year was a rough one for me, I had a surprise (but very much wanted) pregnancy...unfortunately, right when I was getting excited about it, I started showing signs of miscarriage.  Ultrasound confirmed that I had lost the baby but also that it looked like it had been in my left tube...so I guess I'm supposed to be glad that I didn't lose my tube as well.  I spent a lot of time avoiding people and being angry and while I don't know what an appropriate amount of time to grieve is (I don't tend to do thing appropriately anyway)..

I've decided to get back to focusing on things that I love and that make me happy.

I've picked my hooks back up and since it's way to hot to finish the 3 big projects I started a while ago, I can make squares  :)

Nik

I'm so sorry!  :hug  I don't think there is any "appropriate" time frame for grieving, but I'm glad you're picking up your hooks and trying to be happy. :hug 

Sorry I haven't been around the last few days! Sister left Peanut at home with his father on Saturday night and came over for a little belated birthday celebration and carry out Chinese food. Then yesterday we had a concert that I had bought DH tickets for as an anniversary present and we didn't get back home until way late.

I finally got Uncle Sam posted over in Show and Tell. I'm really happy with how it turned out but glad it's done! Now I'm on to an interlocking crochet baby blanket, also for the state fair.

Well, I'm off here for the night. I'm starting to think about bed and it sounds like a really good idea! :yes I hope everyone had a good weekend!  :)  

So my mom gave me her small stash because her hands have started giving her trouble...anyway, there's this really ugly (I think it's RH light and lofty but there's no label) yarn so I'm gonna make her a scarf with it...there's only one skein post-71546-0-45936400-1439911841_thumb.jpg

I'm trying to figure out this knitting loom someone gave me...I think I may give up and pass it on to someone else...crochet is so much faster and I feel like the fabric is more quality (but I may be biased)

Hey Ladies!

**Trigger Warning**

Nik

I am so sorry to hear that :hug There is no set time to grieve. I suffered a loss at 6/7 weeks just over 12 years ago, and still grieve that loss, although differently now. Do what makes you happy, whatever that may be. And we are here for you.

Nik I am so sorry. :hug  I had a very similiar experience to yours and made a big mistake by not stopping and taking the time to grieve.  Afterwards we just went on like nothing happened.  It's been many years and comes back to haunt me at times----I just can't seem to bring myself to even try to make baby things other than an afghan.   Glad you are back with us and ready to pick up your hooks again.  What kind of knitting loom do you have?  I have most all the knifty knitter looms and a few wooden ones.  I have made a lot of scarves using novelty yarns on the smallest long kk loom (double knit).   I liked the way the novelty yarn worked up on my loom far better than I did when I tried to crochet with it.

yarn_monkey Uncle Sam turned out really good.  I don't think I would ever have gotten it done.  It took many years before the eyes yellowed on the things I was talking about.  I haven't replaced them as it was Halloween stuff anyway so it just adds to the spookiness of them.

We have had a cloudy day with showers off and on all day long, just a nice rain with no accompanying wind nor lightening.  I am glad we mowed on Sun instead of waiting until today.   Let's see, Zoo is on tonight.   That's really the only summer show we have been watching. 

Nik I am so sorry. :hug  I had a very similiar experience to yours and made a big mistake by not stopping and taking the time to grieve.  Afterwards we just went on like nothing happened.  It's been many years and comes back to haunt me at times----I just can't seem to bring myself to even try to make baby things other than an afghan.   Glad you are back with us and ready to pick up your hooks again.  What kind of knitting loom do you have?  I have most all the knifty knitter looms and a few wooden ones.  I have made a lot of scarves using novelty yarns on the smallest long kk loom (double knit).   I liked the way the novelty yarn worked up on my loom far better than I did when I tried to crochet with it.

yarn_monkey Uncle Sam turned out really good.  I don't think I would ever have gotten it done.  It took many years before the eyes yellowed on the things I was talking about.  I haven't replaced them as it was Halloween stuff anyway so it just adds to the spookiness of them.

We have had a cloudy day with showers off and on all day long, just a nice rain with no accompanying wind nor lightening.  I am glad we mowed on Sun instead of waiting until today.   Let's see, Zoo is on tonight.   That's really the only summer show we have been watching. 

bgs,

I have a set of Boye knitting looms...there's 3 different size rounds and 1 rectangular one.  I kind of got the hang of how to do it, but crochet is so much faster (although, I probably wasn't so quick at it whenever I started learning, huh)  I have a drawer full of fun fur type yarn that people keep giving me...maybe I can practice with that.  

It's cooled down to 95* today!  Last weekend it was 110* at our house and we don't have AC so it was pretty miserable.

I think the 3 round Boye looms are the same as the set of 3 round KK looms but I never checked.  I think the Boye rectangular one is comparable to the KK purple one which I think is the only one I did not buy.  The KK long looms have smaller pegs and they are closer together than the round looms.  You can work them in the round or back and forth.  I have the clips you can put in the long looms so you can do various sizes in the round. I like making hats on the round ones.  I crocheted scarves with the fun fur using a very large hook K or L and trying to work loose and was happy with those.  I had some thin fuzzy bumpy yarn and some ribbon type yarn that just did not look good when I tried crocheting with it but liked the way they worked up as scarves on the kk. 

Archived