Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

oh,on alone,  i think  There soon will be  only two men left in the woods, im thinking out of the three remining 

Lucas( FROM iOWA),andMtch, canada,and

Sam from Nebraska

(as  i m sure Alan, the guy i thought at first would make it, probably hasn"t, sooooo Im thinkin Lucas,might win i would love it if Sam won it, but Lucas is a bit more experienced, and mature, and is a survivalist theapist,and teacher of SUCH  so, he knows the ins and out of being so long alone in the woods and can cope maybe a bit better, and Mitch  WHOM HAILS FROM canada  is already three sheets gone the last show, after losing his fishing net  andtherefore then  his main source of catching fish and other things, and securing protein,..for the remaining time there. ) they were all dropped off on Vancouver  IS.which looks like a very dark, and forboding rain forrest.......   sooooo i dunno, will wait and see, lolol....Lucas is my official guess, but im still roting for SAM!! lol out of 10 there are only going yo be 2  left

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sharon, Arlene, an LInda  puffys going out soon, Sandra, had such  a time with the paddy green i had to work with, it was just soooo thick, i even went down to a 4.5 (7) clover has a g, 4.0, and a g(7) 4.5, and i have a g, bates i think, 4.25..

any way I struggled along with the smaller hooks, and will send what i was sble to do of the green before i put that Green away for another project, i dunno, the other colors, were fine to work with and get really close in size that you wanted, but that green was dastardly, so it will be used for a scarf!! where the extra thickness might feel snuggly! as always, use what you can, and you can pass on, or box he rest if they don't work for you, lol

I will await the new totals to see how close we are getting, cant wait till this project is off your work talble, lol i bet neither can you!!!!!!!!

Hi Justaddglitter got the beautiful square today. Thank you. It so nice.  I love the colors. I would post pictures of everybody squares. I don't know how.  Sorry ya'll Arlene

Hey, everyone. I need your prayers again. Headaches has come back. There bad again. Have DR. appt. in Sept. the 8th.  So, that is one reason I am not on here to much, again. Sorry, everyone. I gotta lay down. Head hurt. Love you all, Arlene  :ghug 

yarn_monkey you made me laugh over the Uncle Sam with a cold. Too bad you couldn't find button eyes to sew on too.  I am sort of skeptical how well the googly eyes will hold up.  I have some that have turned yellowish over time and you have done so much work on it I would want it to last forever.  

ImmaFreak I hate to hear you have to work that 12 hour shift but glad it is to be light duty, keeping you in my prayers

pineknott sorry to hear son in law is having so much trouble getting around 

sopo it's still getting pretty warm here in the afternoon but its cooling off at night and the humidity dropped ---only lasting a couple of days and then its back to sauna city.  

snowbear :hug  when you are feeling better I am sure someone here can explain how to add photos (step 1 is to click on more reply options)

katy sounds like an interesting show.  I don't want to think about winter.  Many times when we were getting all the rain this year I was thinking I am glad it was not snow.  Just thinking about it almost threw me into a panic attack.  We had a couple of years recently that had larger snowfalls than I ever want to see again and lets see that 6 inches of rain we had on June 3 would have equaled how many inches of snow------don't even want to thing about it.  

I spent the afternoon making yeast rolls.  dh takes one to work everyday for his morning snack.  I also bake him chocolate chip bagels for his lunch.  

Hello.  I made it to my daughter's home today with the grandkids, we went to Wendy's for lunch and then all took naps and just relaxed for the rest of the day. Tomorrow we will be heading to Disney World, it is suppose to be rainy but a rainy day in Disney still beats a sunny day in the real world. 

Snowbear and Immafreak I will be praying for both of you.

bgs, I bet your house smelled yummy today.

My son-in-law upgraded my laptop to windows 10 today and I can't get the touch pad to work, it's a little annoying. My son-in-law had to go back to work before the upgrade finished so he will have to fix it when he gets home. Lucky for me the touch screen still works. I guess that's enough rambling for now. Have a great night.

Hi all, I go see the Dr again today. This once a week business is a hassle but I'm glad the Dr cares enough to keep such a close eye on me. And I go Monday for another ultrasound at the hospital to check on the status of the seperation/bleed. Keeping my fingers crossed. Oh and did I mention I'm working a 12 1/2 hour shift tonight? 430pm today to 5am tomorrow. My boss is aware of my situation and they just need me there as a presence and Light work only. All my coworkers that know have been great and I am so grateful go them. And I can take a break whenever I need one.

How did your appointment go today?  :hug

Prayers it goes for the best Immafreak.  Katie, your house sounds pretty. Nikki, you almost made me spew coffee with the Uncle Sam and a cold bit. :P  Not sure I'd call it cooler temps here, maybe a few degrees is all but still hot. Hopefully today will drop even more. They did say the hottest was last week so even though still hot, it will keep getting cooler. So glad for that. 

Lol well you know how glue looks when it dries! I can't have Uncle Sam going off to the fair looking ill!  :lol

I got all the eyes glued on and noses sewn on and I think he's looking pretty good!  :yes Tomorrow I'll weave in those last outside tails and start putting them together. I'd been holding off on those tails because I was hoping for a way to join them where I could just crochet over them but I can't really find anything that doesn't involve crocheting another last round on the squares and I just don't have the patience for it, so slip stitch it is! 

Sister and Peanut came by for a bit today to visit and Peanut had a good time chasing me around the dining room table and eating the peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bars I made yesterday. He made a funny face with the first one and then the second one I gave him he said "mmmmmm!!" while he chewed it.  :manyheart

Off to bed now. Tomorrow is Dad's last day here and I have a hair appointment at 2:30 and I'm sure Sister will be over with Peanut to visit with Dad one more time. I'll be back tomorrow night to check in!  :ghug

Hopefully my puffies have reached their destinations.  It's been getting hotter each day but its Aug in MO so nothing new there.  I bought a snowman hotpad pattern last Sat on Ravelry and have one completed and am ready to put the parts together on another one.  The pattern uses buttons for the eyes and mouth but I really didn't want buttons on them so I got out the black size 10 thread to make circles to sew on instead.  It's tedious but its working out well.  

hot weekend on the way, so what are all your plans this weekend, , I mighght go to the poffice tomorrow, not sure....

still working on a few squares for sandra, and some for pinknott, when they are done and ready to go, Ill take it all in at the same time, so that is what is holdng me up on mailing......

what does it mean weather wise for winter, if there are a lot of grasshoppers out there now??? i think that means a nasty winter, bu im not sure.......

2 guys left on Alone, my guy, the one i thought got out, but didn't, and Sam, the guy from Nebraska, so on Sunday I think, is the last show, we'll see, either one is fine with me, maybe they will tie up in days spent, and split the 500 grand, ha ha, that would be neatt. Seems my joints are all aching, so i don' t know now what that would be caused by, its part of this infection, or what,,,,,

anyway, all for now, all stay cool, and safe and Ill talk to you tomorrow....

I have a question for everyone. My pastor's wife has been very sick for many years. She is getting worse daily. She has rheumatoid arthritis plus other things wrong and in almost 3 years of church, she's only been to one Sunday morning service I can remember.  

I wanted to ask you all if you would mind if I put my friendshipghan together and give to her as a comfortghan. I'm only short 2 squares and can whip something up as I put it together. I didn't want to offend anyone by giving away squares given to me but I know she'd really appreciate and so would Pastor as he's having a very difficult time with working, pastoring and taking care of her. If it would upset anyone, I'll just post a new thread under comfortghans and start from scratch. 

Thanks for any prayers you can pass their way.

sopo I think everyone would be honored for you to use the squares as you see fit. Nothing wrong with comforting another person. She will fell so loved by you doing this.. I say go for it. I would even help with squares if you needed it.

Hey, everyone. I need your prayers again. Headaches has come back. There bad again. Have DR. appt. in Sept. the 8th.  So, that is one reason I am not on here to much, again. Sorry, everyone. I gotta lay down. Head hurt. Love you all, Arlene  :ghug 

I wish they could have gotten you in sooner but we're all thinking about you. Check in when you can!  :hug

yarn_monkey you made me laugh over the Uncle Sam with a cold. Too bad you couldn't find button eyes to sew on too.  I am sort of skeptical how well the googly eyes will hold up.  I have some that have turned yellowish over time and you have done so much work on it I would want it to last forever.  

ImmaFreak I hate to hear you have to work that 12 hour shift but glad it is to be light duty, keeping you in my prayers

pineknott sorry to hear son in law is having so much trouble getting around 

sopo it's still getting pretty warm here in the afternoon but its cooling off at night and the humidity dropped ---only lasting a couple of days and then its back to sauna city.  

snowbear :hug  when you are feeling better I am sure someone here can explain how to add photos (step 1 is to click on more reply options)

katy sounds like an interesting show.  I don't want to think about winter.  Many times when we were getting all the rain this year I was thinking I am glad it was not snow.  Just thinking about it almost threw me into a panic attack.  We had a couple of years recently that had larger snowfalls than I ever want to see again and lets see that 6 inches of rain we had on June 3 would have equaled how many inches of snow------don't even want to thing about it.  

I spent the afternoon making yeast rolls.  dh takes one to work everyday for his morning snack.  I also bake him chocolate chip bagels for his lunch.  

I must not have loaded the new page when I posted the last time because I never even saw this. I wish we could get a notification when someone mentions or quotes us so we know it happened! Anyway I never even considered trying to find some eye type buttons. The picture on the Maggie's website had googly eyes and I just went with it. I don't think I've used them much since I was a kid so I really had no idea. If they can just make it through the fair, I can switch them out later. I'll keep my eyes out in the meantime (haha pardon the pun) for some good eye buttons. I'm sure Google has some suggestions on getting the glue off. 

I have a question for everyone. My pastor's wife has been very sick for many years. She is getting worse daily. She has rheumatoid arthritis plus other things wrong and in almost 3 years of church, she's only been to one Sunday morning service I can remember.  

I wanted to ask you all if you would mind if I put my friendshipghan together and give to her as a comfortghan. I'm only short 2 squares and can whip something up as I put it together. I didn't want to offend anyone by giving away squares given to me but I know she'd really appreciate and so would Pastor as he's having a very difficult time with working, pastoring and taking care of her. If it would upset anyone, I'll just post a new thread under comfortghans and start from scratch. 

I think we'd all be honored to have contributed to a ghan for your pastor's wife. I know I just want my squares to go somewhere they'd be appreciated, I don't care by who.  :) And I can't really think of a better cause. 

Well, I finally finished Uncle Sam!  :yay  :woo  :jumpyay I just got the border finished and those last couple ends weaved in. What a relief! I can finally start something new! When I have some daylight in this dark house tomorrow, I'll take some pictures and post it. I didn't do the mustaches like the pattern said because I thought it made him look more like Santa Claus in a patriotic hat and the iconic Uncle Sam didn't have one. Next is a baby blanket, also for the fair, but it will go to Peanut when I'm finished. I'll make it a bigger baby blanket so he can use it for a few more years. 

Okay, bed time for me! Happy Friday everyone!  :D

He ya'll I  am felling better. Had last shot in knee yesterday.  Knee feels better.

Ok I am feeling better Someone please tell me how to post pictures on here. 

And I wouldn't mind sending a square or two. Let me know where to.

Thanks you all for being my friends.  I love you all. And I am happy to be you all friend. 

Thanks everyone. :hug  Arlene

Dr appointment went well. He feels optimistic about my ultrasound on Monday and about everything getting better with the pregnancy. :)

That is great news!

I think giving her the afghan would be wonderful.

He ya'll I  am felling better. Had last shot in knee yesterday.  Knee feels better.

Ok I am feeling better Someone please tell me how to post pictures on here. 

And I wouldn't mind sending a square or two. Let me know where to.

Thanks you all for being my friends.  I love you all. And I am happy to be you all friend. 

Thanks everyone. :hug  Arlene

I'm glad you are feeling better.

Hello to everyone! We are back from Disney and had a wonderful time but it's just hitting me that I am very tired. I will be going home tomorrow and missing my grandkids :(. I'll be back to work on Monday. Guess that's about it for now. Have a great night everyone. 

Archived