Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

oh Lacy so glad you got good news!  

hey katy I like to smear a little wasabi on a cracker and eat it to clear my sinuses when I am having problems------That horseradish opens them up for a bit anyway,  Also taking an anti inflammatory like ibuprofen helps relieve the swelling in your sinuses.  I hae issues year round due to allergies and then its worse with an infection.  I also bought one of those sinus rinse bottles where you rinse your nose with saline solution or some use the netipot and that really helps clean the gunk out. dh is amazed when he uses it after being out on a fire call or mowing when it is dry and dusy.   I will have to remember to try the vinegar steam to see how that compares.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, Carol, Thanks for the squares. They are so beautiful. I got them today in the mail. I appreciate it. I love the colors, And the pretty card. Thanks. You do good work.  :ty   Arlene

Hi all ! I have awesome news ! Baby is there and looking good and has good heartbeat. The bleeding is from a seperation and they are going To check again in 2 weeks to see if it's going away. But they said everything else is good.

Yay!!!!  :manyheart  :hug That's such great news and I know you're so relieved!! 

Nothing much to report here today, just been working hard on Uncle Sam! I'm about to finish square 8, hopefully before I head to bed, and then I'll only have 4 more to do! Thank goodness! I just need to figure out where to find these buttons for his nose... That will be the next big hunt! 

Tomorrow is a Peanut visit. Sister has a recall on her Jeep so I'm going with them to get that done at the dealership so I can help occupy Peanut and if it will be too long, I'll drive us to run a couple errands instead of waiting. 

Okay, off to get these stars sewn on this square and then on to bed. Hope everyone is doing well!  :)

Hey, Carol, Thanks for the squares. They are so beautiful. I got them today in the mail. I appreciate it. I love the colors, And the pretty card. Thanks. You do good work.  :ty   Arlene

You're welcome!

Yay!!!!  :manyheart  :hug That's such great news and I know you're so relieved!! 

Nothing much to report here today, just been working hard on Uncle Sam! I'm about to finish square 8, hopefully before I head to bed, and then I'll only have 4 more to do! Thank goodness! I just need to figure out where to find these buttons for his nose... That will be the next big hunt! 

Tomorrow is a Peanut visit. Sister has a recall on her Jeep so I'm going with them to get that done at the dealership so I can help occupy Peanut and if it will be too long, I'll drive us to run a couple errands instead of waiting. 

Okay, off to get these stars sewn on this square and then on to bed. Hope everyone is doing well!  :)

Enjoy your visit with Peanut. I have really been missing my grandkids this week but we will all be getting together on Saturday and the grandkids will be coming home with me for a few days.

I'm still working on the blankets for the grandkids, I didn't know what I was getting myself into when they asked for these but it will be worth it when they are finished. Not much else going on around here. Have a great day everyone.

Nothing much going on here.  Since its been hot and dry for a couple of weeks the grass is going dormant and turning brown. I used to kind of feel bad about it but this year it is a welcomed relief.

Mostly been dealing with cell phone issues.  We had good reception at home (at least in the living room) until Feb this year and then nothing.  Was finally told they were working on our tower.  Very fleeting reception came back after about 6 weeks only to go dead again a couple of weeks later. dh used his a fair amont but I never really used mine a lot.   It was handy since we still have dial up internet that people could call on my cell and it was handy when we had problems with the landline.    Phones worked like they always had anywhere else we went and when they had us check, the phones were actually picking up a signal from another carrier.  The phones were old so they had us go to one of the stores to see if they could put a newer card in them. Did that Sun afternoon.  Our phones were too old for that so we took a chance and purchased a couple of new phones. The guy looked at the map which shows we get signal at our address and we had him help us pick out phones that should work here.  We got two different models and mine for the most part is receiving signal at home but dh's does not so I spent more time on the phone with tech service.  They finally told me that the next tower down from ours is down for upgrade so that is putting more pressure on our tower.  They sent us a booster unit for the house and so far today it's not picking up a signal to boost even though my cell is.  I got my first smart phone so I have been playing with it.  It's way smarter than I am.  Thankfully my sister has been "making" me use hers so it hasn't been hard to figure out the basics.  I am kind of excited as I had been wanting one but wasn't going to buy new ones since the old ones worked  fine. .  .  

hi all, bgs, we're still mowing here, for at least a couple more weeks, im sure.daughter wanted me to get a smart phone, as it does everything mom, i told her, hey, I just need a phone to make a call, that's it!!now just put some vinegar on a kleenex and hold it up to my nose and inhale, and it is pretty good as flonaise!! but i always have flonaise for a back up, and Im taking Sudafed, pharmacist recommended combination of those two, and it's working pretty well.. headache anyway, is  a thing of the past, just a bad memory now, that sure was a killer!! THe puffiness in my cheeks, and around my eyes is way better ow too,as that was painful as well, all in all, can't complain, it's getting better, what with the antibiotiics too, im sure that is kicking mucus ll the way to Hawaaii and back, lol...

NIce squares, carol does good work~~  GOsh glitter, i remember my ddd first day at school, i dont know who it was harder on, me i think, I was a basket case!!! Good luck to all that need it in te days and week ahead, cooling down here a bit, so im happy about that, for sure.....may het a few erands run tomorrow, i have two puffys, for the august girls ready to go, fora week or more,just didn't feel up to mailing them till here lately, so will get that done hopefully.

Linda, i know you do a lot of things for chairity, and was wondering, sounds like you are tired of red, and orange in squares, for your ghans, do you make manly colored ones as well, cuse l, so thought about sending you some more colorful sqaures, and wondered if you preferred manly colors,, and if varigateds in some colors maybe some greens, of course, and some blues would work for you, lemme know, Im going through my bins, he he he.........not much energy today still, will be glad to get some of that back!! Hey, the premier of a new show, b ased on that book Zoo is on tonight, im going to try to catch that, might be good, i noticed too the movie Zoo is coming out soon too, cool..

sanda, how you doing girlie, i still haven't been anywhere to get more of the colors you need for the blanket, forgive me please, ill get on that soon, just haven't flfelt like making too much lately, and the the black edge, has me worried, as that is so hard for me t o work with, i dunno, woe is me, lol, Id like to make just the centers too, as the black is just not gonna aork out even with my manifyiers on, lol....lemme know dear, pwetty pwease, hope all is going smoothly for all, arlene, nice squares, you will hav more on th way maby tomorrow.........

katy glad you are finally feeling better.   We still have to mow but not as often.   I can't even honestly say we needed phones.  I can pretty much live without them.   We got them when dh had to have one for his few years of working in real estate but now he likes it if he breaks down on the road (45 miles one way to work).  Mine is used more to track me down when we split up shopping.  I used to go for days without touching mine until Feb when I started monitoring it to see if our coverage came back.  Since the smart phone is the one that works at home I am glad that's what I got.  

yarn_monkey hope you had a good day with sister and Peanut

It's been a gray but humid day here.  We got some rain last night and maybe more to come.  

hi all, bgs, we're still mowing here, for at least a couple more weeks, im sure.daughter wanted me to get a smart phone, as it does everything mom, i told her, hey, I just need a phone to make a call, that's it!!now just put some vinegar on a kleenex and hold it up to my nose and inhale, and it is pretty good as flonaise!! but i always have flonaise for a back up, and Im taking Sudafed, pharmacist recommended combination of those two, and it's working pretty well.. headache anyway, is  a thing of the past, just a bad memory now, that sure was a killer!! THe puffiness in my cheeks, and around my eyes is way better ow too,as that was painful as well, all in all, can't complain, it's getting better, what with the antibiotiics too, im sure that is kicking mucus ll the way to Hawaaii and back, lol...

NIce squares, carol does good work~~  GOsh glitter, i remember my ddd first day at school, i dont know who it was harder on, me i think, I was a basket case!!! Good luck to all that need it in te days and week ahead, cooling down here a bit, so im happy about that, for sure.....may het a few erands run tomorrow, i have two puffys, for the august girls ready to go, fora week or more,just didn't feel up to mailing them till here lately, so will get that done hopefully.

Linda, i know you do a lot of things for chairity, and was wondering, sounds like you are tired of red, and orange in squares, for your ghans, do you make manly colored ones as well, cuse l, so thought about sending you some more colorful sqaures, and wondered if you preferred manly colors,, and if varigateds in some colors maybe some greens, of course, and some blues would work for you, lemme know, Im going through my bins, he he he.........not much energy today still, will be glad to get some of that back!! Hey, the premier of a new show, b ased on that book Zoo is on tonight, im going to try to catch that, might be good, i noticed too the movie Zoo is coming out soon too, cool..

sanda, how you doing girlie, i still haven't been anywhere to get more of the colors you need for the blanket, forgive me please, ill get on that soon, just haven't flfelt like making too much lately, and the the black edge, has me worried, as that is so hard for me t o work with, i dunno, woe is me, lol, Id like to make just the centers too, as the black is just not gonna aork out even with my manifyiers on, lol....lemme know dear, pwetty pwease, hope all is going smoothly for all, arlene, nice squares, you will hav more on th way maby tomorrow.........

combo squares are fine,even variegated ones,I just thought I would let you'all know when I got saturated with one color

Hi all! I was so exhausted when I got home yesterday, I made it through dinner and went to bed! I realized I was taking my decongestant way too late and it kept me up until 5am yesterday morning! Needless to say I am not taking that second dose anymore!! 

I had a great visit with Sister and Peanut yesterday. He was very happy to see his Tee Tee. Every time I'd look at him in the rearview mirror, he'd look up at me and lean his little head as far forward as it would go and grin all big and toothy.  :manyheart  He is very proud of those teeth! We did a little running around and wore the poor kid out and he slept straight through Target, including a boy bouncing a soccer ball the whole way around the store. Every time we thought we got away, here he came again. I couldn't believe Peanut slept through it! 

Otherwise I've just been working on Uncle Sam and cleaning up for my dad to come visit for about a week starting tomorrow! I'm super excited to have him here! Plus I finished square 9 and started square 10 on Uncle Sam so before I go to bed, I'm going to take a little break and work on a Moogly CAL square instead. I need a break from all that navy blue- it's hard on the eyes! 

I hope everyone is doing well! Katie, glad to hear you're feeling better finally!  :)

Oh! And my hearing is finally back!  :yay  DH has been testing me by whispering in the direction of the bad ear. I'm winning so far!!  :lol

Hey all! Just dropping by to say hello before I try to crochet again...hopefully this time is easier and pain free!

I hope everyone is well or will be soon if not! Hugs!

Hi All!  I had a wonderful surprise in the mail a couple of days ago.  Thank you so very much, Sopo!  Look at the beautiful squares that she sent me!  Aren't they lovely?  Wish I could just reach thru the internet and give you a big ole hug, lol.  I saw a pic of the doilies your making too, oh, they are beautiful!  Great job!!!!

Lacey, read your wonderful news!  Will keep you in my prayers also.

Oh, I saw a wonderful Uncle Sam ghan!  I think that was Yarn_Monkey making it?  Fantastic!!!!

And is it bgs that made all those wonderful hats, etc for charity?  WooHoo!  You've been busy!!!!

Katie, oh girl, what can I say?  I hope you feel better soon.  Didn't I tell you no more boo boo's for a while, lol!  (((hugs)))

Ok, sorry if I missed any other ills/boo boo's.  I had to read quickly.   Love you guys and miss you.  Hope to be back soon.  (I know, that's what I keep saying, blah, blah, blah, lol)

Here's my beautiful squares from sopo!

post-16860-0-76516700-1438881993_thumb.jpg

It's a good day when we hear from grannyannie--we do miss and wonder about you.  Those are really pretty squares you got from sopo

katy I have been watching Zoo.  At first it seemed kind of disconnected but they were setting up the characters.  Now they have brought them together and they are focused on their mission.  

oh hi ann, GOOd to hear from you, and such lovely squares from Sopo!!! wow,glad you are feeling better yarn monkey...

bgs, yeaaay, zoo is getting more to a plot noW i qgree

is anyone watching Alone........ANY GUESS as to WHO WILL LASt the longest, and win 500 thousand dollars??????????????

i think the guy i was rooting for  might have already tapped out, not sure yet....IF YOU ASK ME, that is not enough money to do what they are doing!!

Hi All!  I had a wonderful surprise in the mail a couple of days ago.  Thank you so very much, Sopo!  Look at the beautiful squares that she sent me!  Aren't they lovely?  Wish I could just reach thru the internet and give you a big ole hug, lol.  I saw a pic of the doilies your making too, oh, they are beautiful!  Great job!!!!

Lacey, read your wonderful news!  Will keep you in my prayers also.

Oh, I saw a wonderful Uncle Sam ghan!  I think that was Yarn_Monkey making it?  Fantastic!!!!

And is it bgs that made all those wonderful hats, etc for charity?  WooHoo!  You've been busy!!!!

Katie, oh girl, what can I say?  I hope you feel better soon.  Didn't I tell you no more boo boo's for a while, lol!  (((hugs)))

Ok, sorry if I missed any other ills/boo boo's.  I had to read quickly.   Love you guys and miss you.  Hope to be back soon.  (I know, that's what I keep saying, blah, blah, blah, lol)

Here's my beautiful squares from sopo!

attachicon.gif013.JPG

Those are very pretty squares.

Ran errands today and cut out some baby outfits. Tomorrow I will be headed to my daughter's house to celebrate my granddaughter's birthday and then the grandkids will be coming home with me for a few days  :yay . I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Archived