Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lacy more prayers and  :hug

katy what pretty squares you got from sopo.  Glad you are feeling better.  

yarn_monkey you must show us this Uncle Sam project when you are finished.  Glad you got in to the Dr. and got different medicines.

Here are some hats and scarves going to charity

post-11309-0-10229300-1438288617_thumb.jpg  post-11309-0-63944800-1438288883_thumb.jpg

My niece requested a flipflop hotpad  (pattern from Month by Month Dishcloths book) and she will be expecting the turkey one (combination of a couple of dishcloth patterns--main part from Lily Sugar n Cream Turkey dishcloth pattern and the head with body from Maggie Weldon's Thanksgiving Turkey Dishcloth #325--both free at the time I printed them off but the last one probably has to be purchased now) 

post-11309-0-01196800-1438289139_thumb.jpgpost-11309-0-85024900-1438289551_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone.

Katie, those are very pretty squares.

bgs, you've been very busy, everything looks great.

ImmaFreek and Yarn_monkey, hugs and prayers for both of you.

I finished putting the squares together for the afghan I've been working. I need to get the border done which may take a little while because it's really big. Then it will be back to the lego afghans for my grandkids. Have a great evening everyone.

yarn_monkey you must show us this Uncle Sam project when you are finished.  Glad you got in to the Dr. and got different medicines.

attachicon.gifDSCF0004.JPG  attachicon.gifDSCF0005.JPG

My niece requested a flipflop hotpad  (pattern from Month by Month Dishcloths book) and she will be expecting the turkey one (combination of a couple of dishcloth patterns--main part from Lily Sugar n Cream Turkey dishcloth pattern and the head with body from Maggie Weldon's Thanksgiving Turkey Dishcloth #325--both free at the time I printed them off but the last one probably has to be purchased now) 

attachicon.gifDSCF0003.JPGattachicon.gifDSCF0006.JPG

oh how lovely, love it all!!!

:day [attachment=78240:003.JPG  i REALLY LIKETHESE SOPO, THE COLORS ARE SO GOOD TOGETHER, AND THE PATTTERNS S O TEXTURED. THEY CAME ON A DAY i WAs not particularly happy as well,SO SURE PICKED UP MY MOOD,  THANK YOU AGAIN,. :tyLOVE TJAT CARD TOO!!!

They're lovely! The color combinations are beautiful! Great work, Stephanie!  :)

attachicon.gifDSCF0004.JPG  attachicon.gifDSCF0005.JPG

Wow, the stack of hats and scarves is really impressive! They're great! 

This is the Uncle Sam afghan I'm working on. I almost finished square 5 tonight, attaching all the little things, but I think the steroid is making me have hot flashes because I'm sweating to death and had to get the yarn off me! Making the 2 pieces for the hat and the stars and then sewing them to each square is really really tedious. I'm almost up to finishing a square a day or a little less and I'm getting burnt out so it needs to hurry up! I'm saving all the eyes and noses and mustaches for when I've got the squares done since that's just a matter of some glue. Although I still haven't found the noses I need... I've got time though!

I didn't do much of interest today... 4 loads of laundry and made dinner and had a nap since I spent most of the night on the couch again and I am wiped out! I think tomorrow we're venturing out to Walmart, DH needs some necessities and I'm about out of coffee creamer. I got a pork butt all spice rubbed and that will go in the crock pot in the morning for BBQ sandwiches so we just need to pick up coleslaw while we're out and dinner will be done! I usually make my own but that's too much like work right now.  :D

Lacey, I've been thinking about you and am anxious for your appointment on Monday!  :hug

Okay off to bed! Fingers crossed again for a whole night's sleep in the actual bed! Hope everyone had a good day!  :)

been up since 6:30 before the alarm even went off

going to be in the 80's here today,we had heavy rains overnite,never heard a thing,I'm blessed to be able to sleep like the dead

Thank you all , it means alot to me. My ultrasound is Monday morning, so I wont know anything until then.

I'm super duper praying for you both!!!!!!!  :hug

That turkey is awesome!!!  :manyheart

Hope everyone is doing well, better or on the mend! I'm late on the mail this month AGAIN. Seriously, I have no clue how it's happening and everything is already packed so yeah, what the heck, Maggi?!?!?!?! *blush* lol  :reyes  :reyes  :reyes

Love and thoughts for all of y'all today, feeling to blessed and lucky to have this awesome group to hang out with!  :yes  :ghug

Good morning everyone.

Such pretty eye candy above!!

Last night I made two wildlife nests out of scraps. Somewhere in this thread you guys were saying it's hard on the hands. I AGREE!!!

I don't know how many more I will be doing, but it's a great way to use up all those balls!

Back to work now. Have a great day everyone.

wow terrific work you all, whatwith the nests, hot pads,hats nd scARVES, THAT CUTE UNCLE SAM GHAN, AND OF COURSE SQUARES FOR ALL, YOU GUYS REALLY ARE WORKING HARD!!!!

FEEL BETTER VIBES COMING YOUR WAY FOR ALL THAT NEED THEM take care ALL :bday hhAPPY B DAY TO OUR  august b-DAY GIRLS

Hello,

I didn't get here to say hi yesterday, I think it was one of the busiest day I've had this summer. I left about 7:20 am to babysit for a friend until about 10:30 am. Then I ran a bunch of errands and did grocery shopping. Came home just before a really big storm with 50 mph wind gusts and hail hit. Then there were chores to do and bills to pay before cooking dinner. Both of my daughters and their husbands were here for dinner but no grandkids, they are spending a few days with the other grandparents but dinner and company were very enjoyable. I am in my sewing room today. The friend I babysat for asked me to make bathing suit cover ups for her girls like I made for my grandkids, she bought the towels the girls wanted ( Frozen characters) and I am sewing them today. Then I will start on t-shirts with zebra print Mickey and Minnie Mouse heads on them and a matching skort for my granddaughter. We are going to Disney World for granddaughter's birthday and she requested Animal Kingdom park while we are there so the shirts and skort will be worn that day. I guess that's enough rambling for now and I need to get busy sewing :sew  :sew  :sew . Have a great day everyone.

yarn_monkey that Uncle Same afghan sure looks like a lot of work but it sure is cute with all the pieces to put on it.  The stars on the potholder I made for my niece made me crazy because I couldn't  get them as perfect as I wanted.  I had to think long and hard about doing the turkey potholder because I didn't really want to do that extra body and head part but finally decided that's what it really needed and just do it.

yarnscrapper I tried to make a nest but gave up and moved on to something else.  It felt really awkward working with 3 strands.  I have a hard enough time with 2 strands and am not real fond of working with thick chunky yarn-----I would rather do thread.  

cshort I know your time off is just flying by.  You are so busy but sound like for the most part it is a fun busy.  Your sewing projects sound like they will be so cute.  You are such a good seamstress-----I really love the bag you sent me.  

katy hoping your are feeling better and get started on something soon.  I am all right when I have a project going but sometimes it takes me way too long to figure out what to do next.  That's when I am glad to know I need to make squares for someone here.

yarn_monkey that Uncle Same afghan sure looks like a lot of work but it sure is cute with all the pieces to put on it.  The stars on the potholder I made for my niece made me crazy because I couldn't  get them as perfect as I wanted.  I had to think long and hard about doing the turkey potholder because I didn't really want to do that extra body and head part but finally decided that's what it really needed and just do it.

yarnscrapper I tried to make a nest but gave up and moved on to something else.  It felt really awkward working with 3 strands.  I have a hard enough time with 2 strands and am not real fond of working with thick chunky yarn-----I would rather do thread.  

cshort I know your time off is just flying by.  You are so busy but sound like for the most part it is a fun busy.  Your sewing projects sound like they will be so cute.  You are such a good seamstress-----I really love the bag you sent me.  

katy hoping your are feeling better and get started on something soon.  I am all right when I have a project going but sometimes it takes me way too long to figure out what to do next.  That's when I am glad to know I need to make squares for someone here.

Right now it takes me a little over a day to make one 14" square, including getting all the little pieces made and sewn on but not counting the starts because I've already done all those and they're just waiting in a little sandwich baggy to get sewn on. The square itself is easy, but then going back and adding the beard and making the pieces for the hat and then sewing them together and pinning everything down so they're straight and even and then sewing them on...  :sweat It's super cute but I am getting bored! Lol! I'm going to look up other ways to join the squares too because whipstitching is just not my thing!  :no

DH and I did absolutely nothing today and it was finally because I wanted to and not because I was too sick for other options!  :D  I still can't hear but I feel okay so it was nice to just sit on the couch and  :crocheting  all day. I finished one square for Uncle Sam, so now I'm officially halfway done with the square making and started #7 and added a bunch of rows to the scrap c2c and made a square for July birthdays. Yes, I am still behind! 

Okay, time to start thinking about bed. I hope everyone is having a good weekend!  :)

Happy Sunday all! I missed the whole thing about the wildlife nests, that sounds intriguing!!! Hope you're all doing well, we're off to IKEA today to look at bunkbeds. My DDs share a room and my 6 year old is busting out of her bed. lol Time for an upgrade! 

so miserable nd hot here today, didn't do much, but feeling a b it better in the sinus dept, so that helps some....gonna take a quick cool off shower, and then go and find something to do....talk to you all later on......take care.

Hi all ! I have awesome news ! Baby is there and looking good and has good heartbeat. The bleeding is from a seperation and they are going To check again in 2 weeks to see if it's going away. But they said everything else is good.

post-39682-0-99327600-1438619434_thumb.jpg

hi all, how is everyone doing today, better day out today, feel like doing more, yesterday was so darn hot and humid, add that in witha a sinus infection, and it makes for an all round yukky day, lol.. I did hear that thing about vinegar and water, and inahling the steam and that did work wonders, not an all around cure but sure helped the pressure part of the sinus thing a bit, so who knew, rigt, vinegar has so many good uses, i looked it up once, and printed off a list of like 101 things it is good for....     

other than that, nothing else happening here, so will leave it at you all havea  nice day!!!,,,

Hi all ! I have awesome news ! Baby is there and looking good and has good heartbeat. The bleeding is from a seperation and they are going To check again in 2 weeks to see if it's going away. But they said everything else is good.

wow that is good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :yay  :yay  :yay  :yay

Katy, hope you're feeling better!!!

Got some awesome squares from cshort today, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :c9  :c9  :c9

post-50331-0-83431000-1438633355_thumb.jpg

In other news, started school today with the girls (pre-k and 2nd) and I'm already exhausted. LOL  :P  Nah, they actually did pretty well and seemed into it so one day down = VICTORY.  :cheer lol

Hope you're all doing well!!!!  :ghug

That is good news! I'll keep praying for everything to go well.

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :yay  :yay  :yay  :yay

Katy, hope you're feeling better!!!

Got some awesome squares from cshort today, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :c9  :c9  :c9

attachicon.gifcshort squares.jpg

In other news, started school today with the girls (pre-k and 2nd) and I'm already exhausted. LOL  :P  Nah, they actually did pretty well and seemed into it so one day down = VICTORY.  :cheer lol

Hope you're all doing well!!!!  :ghug

I'm glad you like the squares. Good to hear the girls had a good day too.

Not much happening here. I'm sure it's hot outside but I haven't been out there today, we had a good storm a couple hours ago and it is still a little gray out there, we need the rain so I'm not going to complain. I'm working on afghans for the grandkids and relaxing, I go back to work 2 weeks from today. Guess that's about it, have a great evening.

Archived