katyallen8090

Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Good morning

I think I caught something also,I have never seen Bill clear out of the bathroom so quick,as when I said I think I'm going to be sick

I enjoyed Dolphin Tale,glad to see some wholesome movies that the whole family can watch.

• Like 1

Good morning!!!!

Didn't accomplish much yesterday.

i hope to today.

katy love those blocks.

Such beautiful eye candy....Katie boy have you been busy

Edited by Kimgoodie

Jeannie,  my heart so goes out to you in this situation.   Im thinking ground rules are really necessary., and although your brother/mother may pay for these services ........... SHE WORKS FOR YOU...She may need to be reminded.   Having someone else, a  friend or neighbor come and check on you every so often may not be a bad idea either.   I wish I lived closer I would stop by and help you out.   Everyone is not looking for payment.   Im wondering and I don't want to offend you, but are you a member of any church.....I say this because most times they will check on the shut in.   I am hoping and praying this situation gets better for you.....and I would definitely shop for a NEW chair, somethings are too important to get used.  I sent you 11 squares on Thursday....hoping you are able to get them.

***Im sure opening those packages and remembering the love that went into every stitch will put a smile on your face***  

Edited by Kimgoodie
  • Like 1

Katy, you are churning out those pretty squares so fast its making my head spin.

Kuddles I love your new mantra.

yarn_monkey sounds like you have a hard decision to make.  Just thinking out loud here but wondering if the office dynamics might change after you work with the boss while the other person is out on maternity leave or do you suppose they only hired you to work while she was on leave and then when she gets back lay you off.  I wonder if the person plans on coming back after maternity leave.  Office dynamics is tricky and can change in a heartbeat.  I worked many years at the same place and some of the people I looked forward to working with and then others not so much.   I needed to pay my bills and there were a lot of positives about my job I had to adopt the attitude of choosing to be happy with it.  

Jeanne sorry about the chair.  I have often found owners manuals on line.  Also sometimes when I have a problem with something I do an online search of the product and problem.  Sometimes it turned out to be an easy fix.

As far as puffies, I like to hold them and look at them for just a few minutes (NOT DAYS) pondering the possiblities and then rip into them.  

• Like 2

Hi all, happy sunday!!

Hi  Brenda, such a good idea, never woulda thought of Jeanie looking online for a manuel for that chair, smart cookie, you!!

Yarn Monkey, I hear that,  Go karts have come and gone for me as well, hard on the knees, lol

Viking, congratz on the quilt, now on to bigger and better things I see!!

LInda, poor Linda, still sick, or did it "pass" forgive the pun!!

Hi Sandra, how are things your way these days!!

Kim, thanks, and yes, busy busy, lol working squares, now when I have quite enough, I shall put them all together, and make a "blanket blanket blanket" for the nursing home!!

who'd I miss anyone!! Jeanie, how are things going with that chair??

carol, still lurking I see, lol

and where is reiann and granny annie lately!!

hope all is well with everyone, and as for me, still slightly limping, but that is more my cautiousness, at this point, than pain itself in the ankle and knee, although sometimes, one or both still twinge !!!

Well, made a cake, in the oven, I will check it soon, its a strawberry cake, what is all of your favorite kinds of cake???

till later then, you all have a grand and glorious day, and Kuddles, give Kiddles a hug from all of us, and hope she feels better soon!! You must be on European time, lol       

Take care all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,blessed be the rain, that falls on us,       anyone remember that song, it's in my head.....shrugs shoulders, ok then, lol      I think there is a lesson in it, you know.  

Edited by katyallen8090
  • Like 1

found it, brooklyn  bridge, 1968, i ws but a mere child, but I always liked this song, lol           knew all the words still too!!!   woo hoo!! 

Edited by katyallen8090
  • Like 1

Hi everyone!  :hi 

• Like 1

myself

everything would come to a screeching halt till after any pkg was opened

then and only then would the dishes get done.floor swept and washed,laundry folded

but you have to do what you have to do,there was another gal years ago on here that took days to open her mail

I  agree. when i get a puff in the mail it is being opened the minute it comes out of the mail box. the Ex used to text me while i was a t work and tease me about having a package waiting. I couldnt wait to get home lol.

Well, I am back again. I had hoped to have a surprise for you ladies, but I am the one who got surprised.  Now to get you up to date.  The chair I posted about is gone.  Kertrina (lady who cleans my house and runs errands for me) finally came yesterday afternoon to see what happened. She looked at the chair and tried the hand help control and of couse it did not work.  She diagnosed it as "the motor is dead."  I don't know, but something didn't work and neither did the chair.  Anyway, she said that she'd look for another chair. She said that she had a friend who had a nice recliner and this friend would sell it. She went to the lady's house and called me from there. She told me that the chair was nice and in good condition. She said there was only one thing--the chair was a rocker recliner instead of a rocker.  I had had a rocker recliner when I was 30 years old and I had a terrible time getting up out of it then because it wouldn't be still when I started to stand up. I don't want another when I am 66.  I said to Kertrina, "Can I say what I think?" She answered, "Yes." I said, "That would be hard to get out of.  I don't want that." Kertrina agreed that the rocker recliner was not a good idea and she told me that she was going to another place to look at a recliner there.  After awhile, she called me and told me that she had found what she thought was perfect.  She said that it was a loveseat and it was green (my favorite color) and it was in good condition and would I want it? I said yes and she told me that she would talk some more to the lady about the price and then she would come to my house with the loveseat.  She did come. It was after 6:00 yesterday. She had brought two men with her and they carried the lift chair out and then carried in the loveseat.  At the time, I was seated in the other chair in my living room. I was holding Rusty.  The men left and I thought that things had turned around and I could finally go through the mail and open those wonderful puffies.  That was what I had planned to do this afternoon. However, that was not to be because of another problem that arose. I didn't sit on the loveseat last night. I thought that I would wait until today since I was already set in the chair I was already in. I had cheeseburgers, potato salad, baked beans, and a Coke and Rusty in my lap so I was satisfied.  Then it was morning. This morning, I went over to the loveseat and looked at it.  I looked especially at the seat and it looked just the right height--neither too low nor too high.  I sat down in this seat and I must say it was very comfortable. However, two problems arose shortly thereafter. I solved one.  I couldn't get the footrest all the way out.  I did press the button and push back on the arm of the loveseat and the footrest came out, but not all the way and it did not lock.  I finally accidentally solved the problem. I called Kertrina and left my number. After not being able to get in touch with her as usual, I was fussing to Rusty about the footrest not coming all the way out and I pushed against the back of the loveseat with my back and the footrest came out and locked. I should say that I had tried to close the footrest before this and it had closed, but not all the way so I was fussing to about the stupid footrest. When I pushed at the recliner twice with my back, the footrest came out and it locked.  I tried closing it by kicking the footrest and it closed and locked.  Problem solved. However, there was another. When trying to get up to go to the kitchen and fix lunch, I discovered that I could not get up from the loveseat. I tried three times. I tried by myself. I tried by using an old walker of mine (broke my right foot in 89), and I tried by putting the small area rug under my feet so they wouldn't slide and I used the walker. I still couldn't get up.  I spent the morning and most of the afternoon in that loveseat. I was waiting for Kertrina or her son E.J. to come by and help me up.  They never came. I did finally call the EMTs and let them know I needed help getting up and the dispatcher sent the EMTs and now I am up.

I think that I am going to have to buy a new chair. 

Katie, kimgoodie, and bgs,

I could have used that manual. Unfortunately I did not have a clue who made the lift chair. Kertrina did not tell me.  Thanks for reminding me about the owner's manuals anyway. That's good to remember. 

Katie, the lift chair is gone. They replace it with a loveseat. Only problem with that is I can't get up from that without help.

bgs,

Thanks for the suggestion and the kind words. I am a member of a church, but unfortunately they do not contact me.  I do know some Christian people though.

Thanks for the kind words everybody. Still working on the problem of the chair. 

• Like 1

Good morning all! Kiddles is still sick with her cold (her poor nose is so sore from all the blowing!) so decided to keep her home today. I don't want her getting the awful sickness so many kids are getting! So a day of rest. She'll still have to do homework. I have 16 sick days so not a problem.

I finally took pix and downloading them off my camera. Here are some of the zippered bags I made for my friend Sue and her mom's order plus cat eyeglass cases:

post-17419-0-35545700-1411384135_thumb.jpg

post-17419-0-58466400-1411384143_thumb.jpg

post-17419-0-49746100-1411384151_thumb.jpg

post-17419-0-98180900-1411384158_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

And the bag I finished up yesterday......I took a sewing pattern and paired it with how the lady does the in the hoop bags and figured out how to do it on my own with no raw edges and no hand sewing! I'm pretty happy! It has no home, it was an experiment....

post-17419-0-48043800-1411384321_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Kuddles

they are all super cute,especially like the bikini one

whatever it was that bugged me the other day,must have been a 24 hr thing,I'm fine now,thankfully

• Like 4

kuddles those are all beautiful bags... You do awesome work. Way to go!!!

pineknott glad you feel better..

Good morning all!!

• Like 1

Kuddlekubs ....your bags are soooo cute.  I am a Vera Bradley fan.....Now I have your bags to lust after,   lol

• Like 1

wow, all great looking pouches, i love the bikini too, and the turtle one is darling, well, they all are. If you need a home for that "experiement," how bout a give away, has anyone else noticed that theya re almost a thing of the past these days, few and far between, Ill tell ya!!

Good morning all! Kiddles is still sick with her cold (her poor nose is so sore from all the blowing!) so decided to keep her home today. I don't want her getting the awful sickness so many kids are getting! So a day of rest. She'll still have to do homework. I have 16 sick days so not a problem.

I finally took pix and downloading them off my camera. Here are some of the zippered bags I made for my friend Sue and her mom's order plus cat eyeglass cases:

And the bag I finished up yesterday......I took a sewing pattern and paired it with how the lady does the in the hoop bags and figured out how to do it on my own with no raw edges and no hand sewing! I'm pretty happy! It has no home, it was an experiment....

good to hear you are better linda, Ihad that too, for like 24 hours, so must be a virus...

Kuddles

they are all super cute,especially like the bikini one

whatever it was that bugged me the other day,must have been a 24 hr thing,I'm fine now,thankfully

H i to everyone else, and how is your week going so far.....I went out to the bank, and the store today, but chose the store that has no incline going in, my fear is going up, lol even with a cane that my dd got for me, but once in the store, I was fine, just put the little cane in the cart, and wheeled around, picking this and that, was nice to be out..

Then once home, pulled all the way up in the drive, so there would be a short walk, lol, and handyman came out and got the bags, and I went up the steps without trouble, and in the house without trouble, and had handyman bring in the cane out of my car, lol I didn't even use it today..

Sunday was five weeks, 4 of them on crutches, that seemed to never end! I( suppose was a  way to force me into having more patience, you know. lol (When they passed out patience , I was in the bathroom!) All that was left when I came out of the bathroom, was a huge barrel full of "tongue in cheek, ",,,darn it! I took a small dip,and moved on down the line, lol

Well, hope your day is filled with rainbows, unicorns, and sunshine!!!!!! ( so much glitter, it gets all over me sometimes! )

:rainbow  :2magic  :clap

• Like 2

kuddles those are all so cute I can't pick a favorite.  Sue is going to love the turtle and those kittys are adorable, the bikini one is just fun.  The homeless one is  so professional looking I do believe you could give Vera Bradley a run for her money.  

jeannie sorry to hear you got stuck again.  Hope you can get out and try out the next chair before it is purchased and brought back to your house. One more week for your reign as queen and your loyal subjects are still anxiously awaiting to hear if you have been showered with squares.  You should really let us know how close you might be to completing that ghan.  Someone might send the final squares if you are just a few away but we just don't know.  I have had packages that got lost in the mail so I hope this one made it.  

• Like 2

Hi everybody,

I am still working on getting something settled re a place to sit.

Re puffies--I do have an interesting puffy from bgs and there are three more puffies. I will post the names tomorrow morning.  Thanks to all who pledged squares. I will post a proper thank you to all who sent puffies tomorrow. 

Thanks for choosing me as your queen. Sorry things went bad here last week and got me offtrack. 

Hope everyone is well. Katie, it sounds like you will be back to your old self soon.  Continue as you are going. 

Rusty says "yip, yip" (hello in minidachshund).

Jeannie

Edited by Rusty's Mom

Hi everyone!

Kuddles, the bags are adorable! hope kiddles is feeling better.

Jeannie, I hope things get worked out and settled soon.

Katie, glad you are out and about again.

Nothing exciting here. I've been sewing like crazy for a couple of  weeks now and loving the results. I promise I will post pictures soon.

Have a great evening.

• Like 1

Hi!  Katy, your squares are wonderful!  If I didn't have my niece's bright friendshipghan finished, I would have jumped on them.  Never fear, though, because Kim sent me two beautiful squares!  Aren't they fabulous?  The heart square is one of my favorites, but the heart with wings?  Wow!  I've never seen it.  It reminds me of Hello Kitty for some reason.  Would you mind sharing the pattern?

post-44469-0-62970800-1411425891_thumb.jpg

Jeannie, I'm sorry to hear that you are still having trouble finding the perfect chair for you.  I hope it happens soon.

Kuddles... umm... I'm speechless!  You have so much talent in your little finger!  If I were there, I'd swipe all the goodies you photographed when you weren't looking.  Love them!

It's been a good day so far.  It's in the low 80's, and my sister invited me out to lunch at CPK.  Yum!  I love their Super Spinach and Quinoa salad.  I need to find a recipe for it.

Everyone have a beautiful Monday :hug

• Like 4

Hello everyone!  Did I hear my name being called?  Lol.  Sorry I've been mia.  Same old stuff going on. I'm trying to keep a positive outlook.  It's good to see some of our old friends back in the group!  I quickly scanned thru all the pages and saw a beautiful baby, a cute hedgehog and some wonderful bags.  I am very sorry to see the news about Sheila.  I didn't know her well, but did have her as a swap partner once and we had a great time.  I see that Rusty's mom is the queen this month.  I still have a few more days so I'll go see what her requests are now and then I'll get busy, lol.  Take care all and I'll be back soon.(((Hugs)))

• Like 3

wow anne is back!! good to see you annie!!! :day

Hi to all others,l and bgs, your package got to Jeanie, yay...Wish I knew if mine had, I think it must have, i didn't get it back, anyway!! That only happened one time to me, in all the time I have been swapping and sending squares, and turned out that gal, had moved to a diff address,and i got it back......made me sad, but the square was welcomed home again, with open arms, lol All the other squares, rallied around her, and made a big deal over her return, so I guess all turned out ok, I think they even had a cake!! HA HA HA....

You see, i am feeling better, don't you!! :clap

ok, well, Im off today I tried to work on a few things, made half of a pair of handwarmers, ha ha, and did a couple more squares for the ghan I will donate, the bright ones, and you know, should have done 8 more, for another row, but it took me on and off today, to make the two or three, so, got 5 more to go tonight, if I can tear myself away from dancing with the stars that is, lol, does anyone else watch that, I love to watch them dance, lol thinking all along, oooh,how can they do that with their ankles and knees!!!!!!! lol :lol

all for now, bck atcha later,take care now!!!!!!! :manyheart

yarn_monkey sounds like you have a hard decision to make.  Just thinking out loud here but wondering if the office dynamics might change after you work with the boss while the other person is out on maternity leave or do you suppose they only hired you to work while she was on leave and then when she gets back lay you off.  I wonder if the person plans on coming back after maternity leave.  Office dynamics is tricky and can change in a heartbeat.  I worked many years at the same place and some of the people I looked forward to working with and then others not so much.   I needed to pay my bills and there were a lot of positives about my job I had to adopt the attitude of choosing to be happy with it.  

I've thought that same thing! Plus, our business has been really slow this year. We keep a file log each year and number each file as they come in and we're way behind where the business was last year at this time. I think the girl plans on coming back after maternity leave because they're turning the back office into a nursery so she can come back even sooner. That also worries me that I'll be turned into a babysitter when the girl is doing closings and the baby starts to cry. I like babies, but I don't get paid enough for dirty diapers! That requires hazardous duty pay!!  :lol I do like the industry and the job because I've learned a lot and people will always be buying and selling and refinancing their houses so there will always be a need for people to do title work. It's just the environment that gets to me so badly! 

Kuddles, I love all your little pouches!! That little turtle is just too daggone cute!!  :manyheart

I got 3 more puffies in the mail for Sheila's comfortghan today!  :yay  Thanks to all who have contributed so far! More details in the Off Topic thread and I'll PM the ones whose puffies I received today.  :hug

Today I was checking out Pinterest and came across a great blog with tons of square patterns! All different sizes and so many colors! I wanted to share it in case anyone wanted to drool and check out some new patterns. The blog is called A Granny A Day and hopefully the name is clickable and will take you there. Then down the side of the page, she has links to all the different size squares. Some she just crocheted from a pattern and tells you where to find it, but others are original. I definitely have some new books to buy! 

Hope everyone had a good Monday!  :ghug

Edited by yarn_monkey
  • Like 3