katyallen8090

Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

there is still time to get those chosen queens thier puffy's, check your stash then check the list, Im sure there is someone needing exactly what you have in your square  piles!!      Then package them up, in their own little manilla, include a note if you like, I had notes for all mine, but taped them up before I put the notes in, darn it, lol so do remember that before reinforcing with tape, and avoid my mistake, ha ha...... and send them on their way to the new homes!!    Its almost how mama birdies probably feel, when their young take wing.......sigh...........good luck little squares!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Well I now have another Graduate. everyone here is my 2014 high school grad. Lord thank you for letting him make it. He had us worried

IMG_0274.jpg

• Like 6

I just finished making macaroni salad and saved a few boiled eggs just to eat.

We will cook hamburgers and hotdogs too. Having a blast with the boys.... They love just hanging here. We played games and then they had some alone time ... Now we are watching Despicable Me 2 movie . For dessert I gave the ice cream sandwiches.

• Like 2

Wonderful picture and congrats to your grad. My last one graduate next year . My baby will be all grown up.:(

Wonderful picture and congrats to your grad. My last one graduate next year . My baby will be all grown up. :(

He is my second to graduate. my oldest wasnt this emotional but with this guy it has been so touch and go with him on if he would even make it to this day that seeing him graduate I had tears in my eyes through the whole program and when i got home and everyone was out celebrating I cried more. He stopped in before they headed to the party and I sent left over grad cake and cupcakes with him.

I have 2 more to go. 3 years for one and 4 years for the other. 

congrats to your graduate

Hi, ladies!  Congrats on the grad!  I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend.  I was confused today.  I thought it was already Monday, lol.  I finished making a 5-gallon water bottle cover.  I am making some calla lily appliques to finish it off.  Then I have a matching towel topper to make and then another cover-and-topper set in off white.  I think I'll start with a mandala theme though in just one color and then make it a sort of assorted stitch cover.  I forget what it's called.  I've seen the blankets people make by making every one or two rows a different stitch.  I'm using my crochet stitch books for that.  It's been fun and educational figuring out multiples and adjusting stitches to fit on the rounds.  I'll post pictures soon :)

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekends! I cooked a HUGE dinner last night and my dad, his girlfriend, and my sister's fiance all came over. We had a great time! Today, I just plan to relax and work on an afghan!

Just a quick hello!

Congratulations to the new grad!

Sounds like everyone is enjoying the weekend.

I have good news too, DD2 passed her nursing exam! She is officially an RN!

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 5

well congrats on that Carol!! Hi to everyone,hope you are enjoying your final holiday day off, lol..

Nothing much on the agenda, might go shopping a bit this aft, if the weather holds out, rain is in the forecast... My flowers are doing so well, now that they can spread thier little roots out a bit in the flower beds, instead of being pot bount.. several are budding already, and we started them in peat pots in April!! So that is good!

Working through my box of created patterns, thinking which ones I want to write up, lol, I have a table full, when I get in the zone, I design squares, lol, I guess......Sure got some piled up....... will work on that off and on today..

I like to play with the color combos too, and the ones I plan on writting up, I will use colors that stand out, so everyone can see the stitches well.............

Ok, well, off for now, got my bed to do, fresh linens always make me sleep better, so tonight I will have sweet dreams...

Ta ta for now!!!

Edited by katyallen8090

Hi everyone!  My goodness, it's so quiet in here today.  Everyone must be off enjoying the last day of the holiday.  I've spent most of it in bed, ugh.  I'm starting to come alive now that most of the day is over, oh well, we didn't have any plans, good thing.  I got a couple more puffy's ready to go in the mail, so hopefully they will get there tomorrow.  We'll see if I remember.  I have them near the door, lol.

Congrats to the two graduates!!!  dragnlady and cshort you must be so proud!  Thank you for sharing your happiness with us.

AngelRoseLite, looking forward to seeing your projects, they sound wonderful.  I've been thinking of attempting a mandala, they are so pretty.

Katie, I hope you don't mind but I've been playing around trying to recreate one of the squares that you sent me.  It is so pretty and I want to make some, so I figured I'd give it a try. I've never done this before, lol.  I think I have it pretty close!  I wrote it out if you want I'll send it over to you.

That's all I've got for now.  Hope we hear from the others soon. I want to know how the Chocolate Festival was! :lol Have a great night all. :hug

• Like 2

grannyannie, a great big thank you and  :hug  Sat night when we got home I had an envelope in my mail box from her (this is the first time I have been on the computer since Fri).  It was a very nice card and I appreciate her kind words and prayers.  She also sent me a granny square key ring.  I think it is so cute. I will try to post a picture tomorrow.  

dragnlady, congrats on the graduate, I know my mom was holding her breathe on a couple of my sisters graduating.

angelroselite,  what a day, glad you weren't hurt, and wasn't it a blessing you all were not driving.

We had a really busy weekend.  It's almost always a challenge when we have lots of errands because it's most always at least a 100 mile round trip when we get in the car.  We have been on the run Fri, Sat and Sun on top of dealing with a stomach bug.   

• Like 1

Hi everyone!  My goodness, it's so quiet in here today.  Everyone must be off enjoying the last day of the holiday.  I've spent most of it in bed, ugh.  I'm starting to come alive now that most of the day is over, oh well, we didn't have any plans, good thing.  I got a couple more puffy's ready to go in the mail, so hopefully they will get there tomorrow.  We'll see if I remember.  I have them near the door, lol.

Congrats to the two graduates!!!  dragnlady and cshort you must be so proud!  Thank you for sharing your happiness with us.

AngelRoseLite, looking forward to seeing your projects, they sound wonderful.  I've been thinking of attempting a mandala, they are so pretty.

Katie, I hope you don't mind but I've been playing around trying to recreate one of the squares that you sent me.  It is so pretty and I want to make some, so I figured I'd give it a try. I've never done this before, lol.  I think I have it pretty close!  I wrote it out if you want I'll send it over to you.

That's all I've got for now.  Hope we hear from the others soon. I want to know how the Chocolate Festival was! :lol Have a great night all. :hug

yay, sure Ann, send me over the pattern, lol I can't remember what it ws, was it one of the ones I have posted as a free pattern at the ville, do you know, anyway, Im curious, lol can you send me a pic too, maybe that would jog my memory!!

Hello everyone!

I had lots to read and not going to try to comment on everyone's post. I finished off a hand towel and a few wash clothes .

Had tons of fun this weekend until we had the grandsons back this morning. She changed our plans of having having a cookout. Someone she barely knows invited her to the lake so I got dumped. Just would of been nice to be with the boys longer.

Been relaxing for a little bit for I have a headache. Trying to get rid of it.

Welcome Reiann.

Owlvamp, glad you get the boys this weekend.

Katy, Maybe we will make it up to the zoo someday, other things always seem to come up and we don't make it.   Sounds like we need a couple of days to do it justice.  Sorry brunch didn't go better than it did.  It really doesnt matter how good the food is when the service is poor.  Chicken casserole with peas sounds good.

Viking glad you stopped by.

yarn_monkey your penny story brought a tear to my eye.  My mom passed away in 1993 at the age of 59.  I remember how she cried when my sister called and told her she was pregnant.  My mom passed in Sept and my youngest niece was born in Jan.  Thank you for the photos of Peanut with you and great grandma.  

My mom wasn't excited at first (we all have an issue with my sister's boyfriend), she was more worried about my sister and her financial situation and the boyfriend and everything that goes along with it but when she found out in November that there was no beating the lung cancer, it became more and more important to meet the baby and see him and hold him. I think she knew pretty immediately that she wouldn't make it till the due date and I hate so much that she never got to meet Gavin. He reminds me a lot of her sometimes and it's very bittersweet. My uncle said that she did meet him and he's sure of it. My grandmother said she believes him and I'll go with it because it at least makes me feel better. 

:lol The no chain foundation row starts with a chain 50?? That's hilarious! What bgs said is much more like what I was imagining.

That little Peanut is the cutest! He's got a great start on life with a family like that to love him, you can just tell.

I can't believe I forgot to say in my post earlier! :rofl My puffy was from Our Katie!

I beyond love that little guy!  :manyheart My heart just swells every time I look at him, and when he smiles at me, I really think it could burst. My grandmother and I are determined to spoil his little butt rotten and totally make up for the fact that my mom can't.  :yes I'm definitely doing my part!!

well congrats on that Carol!! Hi to everyone,hope you are enjoying your final holiday day off, lol..

Nothing much on the agenda, might go shopping a bit this aft, if the weather holds out, rain is in the forecast... My flowers are doing so well, now that they can spread thier little roots out a bit in the flower beds, instead of being pot bount.. several are budding already, and we started them in peat pots in April!! So that is good!

Working through my box of created patterns, thinking which ones I want to write up, lol, I have a table full, when I get in the zone, I design squares, lol, I guess......Sure got some piled up....... will work on that off and on today..

I like to play with the color combos too, and the ones I plan on writting up, I will use colors that stand out, so everyone can see the stitches well.............

Ok, well, off for now, got my bed to do, fresh linens always make me sleep better, so tonight I will have sweet dreams...

Ta ta for now!!!

Katy I can't wait to see more squares from you!! 

Yesterday we went to a cookout for my cousin's birthday about an hour away. I think we wound up being there for about 6 hours (definitely longer than planned!! Lol) but we really had a good time hanging out with him, my other cousin (his sister) and two of their friends. We took him a Dallas Cowboys folding chair that had a cup holder and mesh pocket on one side and a cooler pocket on the other! A cooler pocket! I seriously thought it was the coolest thing ever! Pun intended! Lol

Today, my sister had to go pick up a futon she was buying and since she can't put a carseat in a pickup truck, she brought Peanut here and I got to watch him for about 4 hours! It was all fine until he pooped. I do not deal well with poop!!!!  :( I was giving him his bottle and he was working at the poop so hard that he shot formula through his nose and all down both of our fronts! And then the diaper... I had to take him into the bathroom sink to deal with it because I would have used the whole pack of wipes my sister brought me. After that was fine though! Lol! We played on his tummy time mat and got tickles and snuggles and it was really fantastic! 

Not sure what the plan for tomorrow is exactly, but I know the grocery store will be involved! It's not my favorite trip but I plan out all our meals for the week so we only have to go once a week ish. Unless I mess up and forget something and then I try to send my DH without me!  :lol

Hope everyone had a great long weekend!!  :ghug

• Like 3

Good morning! I do believe I neglected to get on here yesterday and perhaps the day before! What in the world???? That is not like me!

We were super busy running errands and having fun! The Choco Fest on Saturday was fun but cost a lot to get in, park, etc....yikes! The carnival ended up being the main part. But we had fun! On our way back down to Illinois, we went by Lake Geneva where we will be going in June for a few days, a gift from a friend, to a hotel/small water park. Can't wait! We checked out the place and it is awesome and sits right next to a horse stable! Kiddles will ride her first adult horse! I've already embroidered a few horses for her onto shirts!

Then Sunday / Monday was lots of running around and 3 walks each day, yes 3! We clocked at least 8 miles over those two days! I'm feeling pretty good about that!

Today, back to work and school.

Sounds like everyone has been busy this weekend! Congrats on the grad!

kuddles

For those who made this page thank you! I hope I can finish an Afghan for my mom a lot faster now :) I want it to hopefully keep her warm and in comfort when I can't be with her. <3  :manyheart

• Like 1

I remember being surprisingly emotional during my graduation I didn't expect to be but the gravity of the moment just hit me all at once! My mom cries about everything so of course she was but to see my dad crying was really touching. Congrats!!

Good Morning Squares!  Getting ready to head out to my weekly medical appt.  Hopefully they will be quick about it today.  I managed to get a few more squares made this weekend and they will be going into the mail today!  Keep an eye on your mail boxes if I've contacted you for an addy!  Hmmm, other than that the only other thing I've been working on is trying like heck to get that Monkey Face Afghan finished.  I started it months ago and set it aside, but I want it done! LOL!  I'm getting there slow but sure.  I can only manage about 4-5 rounds a night, not sure how many more to go...

Well, gotta get dressed and get out of here. Have a great day!

grannyannie, a great big thank you and  :hug  Sat night when we got home I had an envelope in my mail box from her (this is the first time I have been on the computer since Fri).  It was a very nice card and I appreciate her kind words and prayers.  She also sent me a granny square key ring.  I think it is so cute. I will try to post a picture tomorrow.  

dragnlady, congrats on the graduate, I know my mom was holding her breathe on a couple of my sisters graduating.

angelroselite,  what a day, glad you weren't hurt, and wasn't it a blessing you all were not driving.

We had a really busy weekend.  It's almost always a challenge when we have lots of errands because it's most always at least a 100 mile round trip when we get in the car.  We have been on the run Fri, Sat and Sun on top of dealing with a stomach bug.   

WooHoo!  So glad it arrived and you like it!

yay, sure Ann, send me over the pattern, lol I can't remember what it ws, was it one of the ones I have posted as a free pattern at the ville, do you know, anyway, Im curious, lol can you send me a pic too, maybe that would jog my memory!!

Will do!  I don't think it's one that you posted.

Hello everyone!

I had lots to read and not going to try to comment on everyone's post. I finished off a hand towel and a few wash clothes .
Had tons of fun this weekend until we had the grandsons back this morning. She changed our plans of having having a cookout. Someone she barely knows invited her to the lake so I got dumped. Just would of been nice to be with the boys longer.

Been relaxing for a little bit for I have a headache. Trying to get rid of it.

:hug

Good morning! I do believe I neglected to get on here yesterday and perhaps the day before! What in the world???? That is not like me!

We were super busy running errands and having fun! The Choco Fest on Saturday was fun but cost a lot to get in, park, etc....yikes! The carnival ended up being the main part. But we had fun! On our way back down to Illinois, we went by Lake Geneva where we will be going in June for a few days, a gift from a friend, to a hotel/small water park. Can't wait! We checked out the place and it is awesome and sits right next to a horse stable! Kiddles will ride her first adult horse! I've already embroidered a few horses for her onto shirts!

Then Sunday / Monday was lots of running around and 3 walks each day, yes 3! We clocked at least 8 miles over those two days! I'm feeling pretty good about that!

Today, back to work and school.

Sounds like everyone has been busy this weekend! Congrats on the grad!

kuddles

Woot!  Those festivals are always expensive.  The place your going to with the horses sounds wonderful.  WTG with the walking too!

For those who made this page thank you! I hope I can finish an Afghan for my mom a lot faster now :) I want it to hopefully keep her warm and in comfort when I can't be with her. <3  :manyheart

Welcome to the group.  I'm sure your mom will love her blanket.  Hopefully we'll be able to help you get it done quickly!

I remember being surprisingly emotional during my graduation I didn't expect to be but the gravity of the moment just hit me all at once! My mom cries about everything so of course she was but to see my dad crying was really touching. Congrats!!

Awww, I would have been a mess too, lol.

Hi, All!!

Just a quick pop in before I start work.  UGH!!  I've been computer-less since Friday!!  My laptop at home will not charge!!  Looks like a trip to the Apple Store is in order...must get computer fixed!!  I'll pop back in during my planning to read and catch up!  Happy Tuesday, Squares!!! <3

• Like 1

Good morning everyone!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!

Here just need to get dishes done and a lot of house cleaning that I neglected over the weekend to do.

It's always there the next day. LOL

• Like 1

"its always there the next day" I can so relate to that phrase,hubby can't,but that's a guy thing

squares are out for delivery - woo hoo

• Like 2

Not a lot of energy today. Did the dishes and that's about it so far.

I just wanna go home, barely got any sleep before work I have a massive headache. :( my new yarn should be there when I get home though, which is nice.

• Like 1