Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hello everyone.

Nothing too exciting around here. Church and home to do some stitching.

Owlvamp, I would have cried too. I hope your daughter still enjoyed the prom.

Ann, sorry you've been having a tough time, hope you're feeling better.

Have a great day everyone.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all.

well, the rain has quit for now, hoping it clears off a bit, and the sun comes out, but not likely i hear..

Nothing much to do today, got the big tv installed yesterday, wow, won't be falling asleep with that on, it lights up the whole room, ha ha. It's nice, but a little bit hard to get used to, I swear, yesterday was the first time I had it on, and gilligan was on, and I swear he was about 7 foot tall, half of that, his cap! lol

Anyway, witht he weather the way it is, nothing much to do, but stay in, put my bedroom back together yesterday, got a small load of laundry to do, but that can always wait, and Im just bored... Don't feel like doing anything yarn wise, or watchtv, sooooo maybe Ill find a game on the computer, and play that for a while.....take care all, hope you all had a restful sunday today!

Hi everyone ! I just got back from Kimmswick with my MIL and a bounch of family on her side as well as my mom and nephew. Had a good time and got some neat stuff. Hope you all are doing well. :hug

Popping in with a quick Hello! :hi  It's been a challenging week for me healthwise.  I haven't spent much time up and about, mostly in bed sleeping.  I'm starting to pull out of it.  These darn flares kick my butt, lol.  I see Nikki got her squares.  I'm happy about that.   Quickly browsing I saw some nice eye candy!  Kuddles, I believe, has been busy at her embroidery machine, nice!  And who else was is?  Nikki?  Did you make the great blanket ant bunny?  They're fantastic. 

Well, I'm out of steam ladies.  Time to head back to bed.  Be well everyone and take care.  You are all in my thoughts and prayers. :hug

Thank you! I'm hoping Peanut and the bunny become great friends! Hope you're feeling better tomorrow!  :hug

Good morning!

owlvamp - that was rotten! Glad you got another one!

ann - hi honey! Sorry to hear you've been under the weather, hope that turns around soon!

nikki - my Kiddles is in love with horses right now! She would have loved to have gone there!

Well, today is errand day. To Target, to Jewel, but also to Joanns where the clearance fabric is another 50% off. That's when I try to buy something I need, most times don't find anything but you never know!

Oh and a walk or two.....cooler and rain is around but we'll go to the mall for one at least! Hope another one later outside!

Take care and have a great day all!

kuddles

The horses are definitely beautiful and fun to watch them do all their jumps! I didn't grow up around horses, so I guess I'm just a little apprehensive of their size and the possibility of them spooking! 

I thought yesterday I was having an allergy attack being around the horses and my parents have a dog and a cat that I haven't been around on a regular basis in years. Now I'm pretty sure it's another sinus infection so I'm off to the minute clinic tomorrow! Figures, I'd finally get out of town and get sick again. Oh well, at least I'm doing something different while I'm sick. It's all about looking at the bright side, right?

Hope everyone had a good weekend!!  :ghug

Good morning!

Hi funnygirl54! Thanks for thinking of me! I would love a 12" square in bright colors, such as royal blue, orange, red, yellow....would go great with the other squares I have! Thanks much!

Gonna be soggy here all week! But feeling lucky....just heard of the tornado devastations west! Praying for those families!

Off for more coffee to wake up!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Good Morning.

I feel like I am in slow motion this morning, hopefully I will speed up a little or it is going to be a very loooooooong day.

yarn_monkey, I hope you feel better, sinus infections can be so uncomfortable.

It's a typical Monday, work, a couple of errands, home to chores.

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning!

Today is Monday which means lots of work for me. Need to get my butt up and going but don't feel like it.

Hi all of the above, hope all are doing ok this am, hay fever, alergy or sinus infection, it always a pain in the neck!!

Hi everyone ! I just got back from Kimmswick with my MIL and a bounch of family on her side as well as my mom and nephew. Had a good time and got some neat stuff. Hope you all are doing well. :hug

Hi Lacey, good to see your post, and glad you had a great time!!

Hi KuddleKubs,

I love to crochet and I will be sending you some squares

just tell me colors and I will be glad to send what you need,I look forward to hearing from you soon 

Take Care Funny Girl54

Everyone's preferences are on the first post (click here)  linda, if you ever need to look at them, and I got your  preferences up on the first post too, in case ANYONE out there, wants to make her some squares, the colors sound very pretty together!!    I don't know what color ice blue would be though, is there a certain type of yarn I need to get or a brand or something, that comes in ice blue, i have I think,the seafoarm green, and pink is pink, but stuck on the ice blue, lol Linda, welcome, she is now offcially a member!!!

Kuddles, would orange work for you as well, in twelve inches. Maybe with some yellow in it, huh, we'll work on that. lol

Good morning.

I'm getting ready to head out to work.

Yarn_monkey, I mailed your squares yesterday, they should be there Thursday.

Have a good day.

Hi all of the above, hope all are doing ok this am, hay fever, alergy or sinus infection, it always a pain in the neck!!

Hi Lacey, good to see your post, and glad you had a great time!!

Everyone's preferences are on the first post (click here)  linda, if you ever need to look at them, and I got your  preferences up on the first post too, in case ANYONE out there, wants to make her some squares, the colors sound very pretty together!!    I don't know what color ice blue would be though, is there a certain type of yarn I need to get or a brand or something, that comes in ice blue, i have I think,the seafoarm green, and pink is pink, but stuck on the ice blue, lol Linda, welcome, she is now offcially a member!!!

Kuddles, would orange work for you as well, in twelve inches. Maybe with some yellow in it, huh, we'll work on that. lol

Hi! Oh yes, you know I love orange! yellow in it? I'm there! Thanks hon!

I'm frustrated! Baby girl has turned herself breech again! This little Stinkbutt is determined to be a c-section baby  :ohdear

Meanwhile, I'm trying to pick a baby afghan pattern for her. I just don't know which one to go with. Anyone want to pitch in ideas? Maybe I'll be inspired!

She is a stinkbutt! Pattern? How about squares? yes I said it!

Good morning.

Have a good day.

Hi!!

Good morning!

Howdy!

I'm super tired this morning. Yesterday was weird....I had to go to the other building and be the secretary for the day while the two there were in a training. Never done it before! Phones and buzzing in both doors. This building is the school for special needs aged 16-22. I was nervous but it went without a hitch! But wasn't in my zone and was 'on' all day....wore me out!

So looking forward to being at my usual trailer office!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

I am Sending-afghans for Arkansas for the tornado victims. My sister is coming in a few weeks and will take back whatever I get done or get donated. If anyone wants to help let me know or send a pm. Thanks everyone! They can also be quilted ones to.

Hope no one on here or their family been effected by the tornados. We have family In Both Arkansas and Mississippi . So the ones in Arkansas are fine and haven't received word from SIL in Mississippi yet. We have Aunts , Uncles and lots of nieces and nephews their. Been waiting by the phone for some type of answer.

But just seeing the damage is awful. I feel so bad for the family who lost loved ones.

Yes she was happy with the dress we have. It's just frustrating and I took the other dress back and have it here. No I didn't have to pay for it and will find a different one next time.

I am so glad you had enough time to find something else for her to wear. It is so frustrating thinking you have taken the steps necessary to have things all ready to go only to find out you have to start over.

Popping in with a quick Hello! :hi It's been a challenging week for me healthwise. I haven't spent much time up and about, mostly in bed sleeping. I'm starting to pull out of it. These darn flares kick my butt, lol. I see Nikki got her squares. I'm happy about that. Quickly browsing I saw some nice eye candy! Kuddles, I believe, has been busy at her embroidery machine, nice! And who else was is? Nikki? Did you make the great blanket ant bunny? They're fantastic.

Well, I'm out of steam ladies. Time to head back to bed. Be well everyone and take care. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. :hug

:hi back at you. Wish you were feeling better.

I'm frustrated! Baby girl has turned herself breech again! This little Stinkbutt is determined to be a c-section baby :ohdear

Meanwhile, I'm trying to pick a baby afghan pattern for her. I just don't know which one to go with. Anyone want to pitch in ideas? Maybe I'll be inspired!

Hopefully she will turn again and get headed in the right direction. This set is pretty http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/150654-two-by-two-ghan-baby-set/

I'm super tired this morning. Yesterday was weird....I had to go to the other building and be the secretary for the day while the two there were in a training. Never done it before! Phones and buzzing in both doors. This building is the school for special needs aged 16-22. I was nervous but it went without a hitch! But wasn't in my zone and was 'on' all day....wore me out!

So looking forward to being at my usual trailer office!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Hope you were able to recover today at you regular office.

I am Sending-afghans for Arkansas for the tornado victims. My sister is coming in a few weeks and will take back whatever I get done or get donated. If anyone wants to help let me know or send a pm. Thanks everyone! They can also be quilted ones to.

Hope no one on here or their family been effected by the tornados. We have family In Both Arkansas and Mississippi . So the ones in Arkansas are fine and haven't received word from SIL in Mississippi yet. We have Aunts , Uncles and lots of nieces and nephews their. Been waiting by the phone for some type of answer.

But just seeing the damage is awful. I feel so bad for the family who lost loved ones.

Hope all your family is okay. The damage looks so horrible. I have seen a small town months after a tornado went through and even though the worst of it was cleaned up it is just incredible to see the shreds scattered about.

I have a couple of packages ready to go out for May. I should make it to the PO tomorrow. I have more squares ready but am waiting on an address. yarn_monkey enjoy the last day of your reign.

Good morning.

Have a good day.

Thanks, cshort! I'll still be out of town, but my sister is checking our mail every day or two so she'll let me know when any puffies arrive. My biggest issue will be not going crazy until I can get home and open them!  :hyper

I'm frustrated! Baby girl has turned herself breech again! This little Stinkbutt is determined to be a c-section baby  :ohdear

Hopefully she'll flip around just in time and you won't have to go through that! I'm not a fan of weaving in a bunch of ends or patterns that get start to get really repetitive and don't have at least some color changes thrown in. Maybe a round ripple or a regular ripple? Can't wait to see what you come up with!  :hook

I am so glad you had enough time to find something else for her to wear. It is so frustrating thinking you have taken the steps necessary to have things all ready to go only to find out you have to start over.

:hi back at you. Wish you were feeling better. Hopefully she will turn again and get headed in the right direction. This set is pretty http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/150654-two-by-two-ghan-baby-set/

Hope you were able to recover today at you regular office.

Hope all your family is okay. The damage looks so horrible. I have seen a small town months after a tornado went through and even though the worst of it was cleaned up it is just incredible to see the shreds scattered about.

I have a couple of packages ready to go out for May. I should make it to the PO tomorrow. I have more squares ready but am waiting on an address. yarn_monkey enjoy the last day of your reign.

I'm staring loving at the crown and maybe giving it a little fondle or two and then off to the jewelers it will go tomorrow night!  :king

I think I caught my sinus infection in time so it wasn't too bad before I started getting antibiotics on board. Thank goodness! Nothing like last time! I'm just trying to stay hydrated and keep this cough at bay. We're supposed to get pretty bad storms here tomorrow, so I'll be staying inside with my hook and yarn and trying to recover in time for the lobster races Friday evening and Woofstock on Saturday. It's a big production put on by the local animal shelter to raise money. Apparently they have several talent shows for the dogs, like costumes and singing. My dad volunteers there so he needs help putting up signs and getting the dogs prettied up at PetCo. 

And naturally I'm hoping for a stop at Hobby Lobby in there somewhere.  :crocheting

oh, you are all so busy!! Nice busy!! Hope this week isn't rainy all week, like today, you know that tree, the flowering one in the front yard, yeah, it bloomed, yesterday today with the rain, it looked like it was snowing petals on the yard, the cars, the deck, everywhere, lol...

Ill be sorry to see the reign of yarn monkey, as I am all our queens, but it opens it up in May then, for People's choice Biggest Square, lol, so that will be interesting, Im sure everone will have fun!!

Sandra, wish I could help you, i probably might have an afghan done here, but Im afraid posting it out to you, would use up my May People's choce Biggest Square Budget for the entire month of May, so sorry, bad time for them, bad time for me to be posting out big things.....I would say maybe next time, but I sure hope there isn't one, tornados I mean, hate um.....I try to keep my charities closer to home anymore, deliverable by driving, or picking up, to stay on the budget I self imposed for monthly postage. , lol..

well,hope you all have a restful evening, sleep well tonight, and wake up fresh for a new day.....night night!

Good morning!

Well Katy, here it IS to rain all week....every....single....day.....and cool temps. Where the heck is spring??????

owlvamp - how nice of you!

I have promised myself that I will put together squares before I start another project! I hope I stick with it and I will have a ghan to show you all soon! I don't do fancy joins.....just simple slip stitching them together......

Gotta get ready...have a great day all!

IBABBA

Good morning!

Tornado touched where my grandchildren are. They are okay but some people and homes aren't. I go there every weekend when I pick up the boys. That's just sad. So close to home for them. So really need to get some things gather and take there personally.

oh my sandra, that is close, TOO close....glad family is ok though!

Rain here too kuddles, sporatic sunshine, enough drizzle to use  your wipers, but not enough to leave them on auto, lol

hi everyone, hope you day is going well, and Yarn monkey,,,,,this is y our last day of reign  isn't it, wow, that month went really fast,... Did you get lots of squares, remember, some may still be rolling in...so we'll wait for a final count, hope it's lots!

Archived