Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woke up with a huge migraine this morning.

Will be babysitting today and the little man got his first shots yesterday. So hopefully I will be able tackle today without much stress.

Daughter lost balance this morning taking out puppies and elbow broke a window on the screen door. At her rate I won't have any windows left. Wasn't happy about it and she is fine other having me breathing down her neck.

Pulled the carpet piece off the front porch for everyone kept tripping on it. It was ripped and I said enough was enough. It's gone now! I think it looks better for it was really old anyways. Hubby either didn't notice or don't dare ask me about it. Either way I fixed the problem.

good move sandra!! now the woman is a carpet ripper upper too, ah, many talents that one!!!!!!!

Hi all, and how we are we doing today. Nothing much new here to report either kuddles, tired today, took benedryl almost all day, the rain seems to have made the pollen or whatever out there worse, and it's kicking my you know what,but that is here nor there, tomorrow and sunny day, today was cloudy and rainish out till almost five,then the sun came out for a few seconds, but must have gotten bored, cause he left in only a few minues, pulled the clouds back over his eyes, and went back to sleep!!!

Still don't have my big tv yet, daughter's order is  still backlogged, so when it comes to her, hers will come to me, lol... Looking forward to it now i THINK, now that i have had some time to get used to the idea..

what else, oh lets see, had good supper, handydandyman made spaghetti, meatballs,no less,and garlic  bread tonight, course when he cooks Iclean up,and when I cook, I clean up,soooooooo lol  all done now,all that is left is to relax,and maybe look through my crochet books, or cruise amazon for some new  crochet books, or ebay for some yarn,he he he.

Talk to you all tomorrow, happy friday to those that are working!!!!!!!    

Good Morning!

Those are beautiful squares.

Glad to hear he is doing better. Hope you get some rest soon.

A work day for me. DD1 and the grandkids should be at the house when I get home. We are going to DD2's graduation :graduate  from nursing school tonight and then out for a big family dinner to celebrate. DD1 and the grandkids will be spending the night at my house so we will have some time to play tomorrow.

Yarn_Monkey, your squares will be in the mail on Monday, I don't think I'll get to the post office before then.

Have a good day everyone. :)

Thanks, cshort!  :hug

good move sandra!! now the woman is a carpet ripper upper too, ah, many talents that one!!!!!!!

Hi all, and how we are we doing today. Nothing much new here to report either kuddles, tired today, took benedryl almost all day, the rain seems to have made the pollen or whatever out there worse, and it's kicking my you know what,but that is here nor there, tomorrow and sunny day, today was cloudy and rainish out till almost five,then the sun came out for a few seconds, but must have gotten bored, cause he left in only a few minues, pulled the clouds back over his eyes, and went back to sleep!!!

Still don't have my big tv yet, daughter's order is  still backlogged, so when it comes to her, hers will come to me, lol... Looking forward to it now i THINK, now that i have had some time to get used to the idea..

what else, oh lets see, had good supper, handydandyman made spaghetti, meatballs,no less,and garlic  bread tonight, course when he cooks Iclean up,and when I cook, I clean up,soooooooo lol  all done now,all that is left is to relax,and maybe look through my crochet books, or cruise amazon for some new  crochet books, or ebay for some yarn,he he he.

Hope you get your tv soon! And yum spaghetti and meatballs! That's one of my husband's two dishes that he'll make for us and it's my favorite! 

DH and I are headed to South Carolina tomorrow to spend some time with my dad and stepmom! I think we've been needing a mini vacation and I've finally got enough finished with my mom's estate that we can go! I'll still be on here checking in and checking messages and my sister will be coming by to bring the mail in every day or two, so this shouldn't affect square delivery! I'll just have some to open when I get home and I'm okay with that!  :yes  Next Friday my parents' town has LOBSTER RACES! Have you ever heard of such a thing?? I'm determined to go! Apparently it's a big thing, they'll shut down the downtown area and have food and gift vendors, music and, of course, racing lobsters! Whodathunk?? I'm probably a little too excited about racing lobsters! 

Hope everyone has a wonderful night and a beautiful Friday!  :ghug

Welcome FunnyGirl54!

Lobster racing is to funny. Next they will have movie about it. Just like the snail one. Anyone see that one?

I just came home from my weekly prenatal appt. I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow. Baby is measuring right on, has turned back to the head down position, and I'm not dilated or effaced yet. That's fine. She needs to bake a little longer!

I just realized that I can get started on her baby blanket. Yay! Now to find a pattern...

Welcome FunnyGirl54! Did you used to be a member but under a different screen name, HappyFeet54? Either way, hello!

hi ya all,

Just a reminder to happyfeet/funnygirl, still awaiting your addy and then I will get you on the list. Thanks for joining!!

To all else, hope your friday goes well, nice day here, and sun, so Im a happy camper! Yarn monkey, don't forget to send your crown to the jewelers, lol May is Peoples Choice Month, pick whomever and or how many Queens, you want to send to, and have fun, this ought to be a very pictorial month, here on the thread, lol with all those queens out there receiving, oh and I will post the new thread on May first,  that is a place for us to have our completed ghans posted that some of us have completed, or are working on that were mainly made from this thread, to post pics and such.... That will come on the first, as it is the first of the People's Choice for Queen month..I think this is going to be fun, I hope so anyway, I always get the queens out first of the month, when there is just one queen, but if there are people I think I want to send to, or if some are close to finishing, of course, then I will have more homes for more squares!! 

Good morning all and thanks for the kudos!

Nothing new to report today! Another work/school day.....

Have a good one all!

kuddles

It's finally Fri, hope you and Kiddles have a nice but quiet weekend.

Woke up with a huge migraine this morning.

Will be babysitting today and the little man got his first shots yesterday. So hopefully I will be able tackle today without much stress.

Daughter lost balance this morning taking out puppies and elbow broke a window on the screen door. At her rate I won't have any windows left. Wasn't happy about it and she is fine other having me breathing down her neck.

Pulled the carpet piece off the front porch for everyone kept tripping on it. It was ripped and I said enough was enough. It's gone now! I think it looks better for it was really old anyways. Hubby either didn't notice or don't dare ask me about it. Either way I fixed the problem.

Sorry about the broken windows, but accidents happen.  Sounds like you did the right thing pulling the old carpet off the porch rather than waiting for it to be fixed especially if it is what caused your daughter to lose her balance.

Stormy here all day yesterday but it's supposed to be a near perfect day out today.    Hopefully your tv will come soon.  I have been looking at tv's.  Mine has to be 25 years old or older and they are a lot different now.  I vowed to watch it till it died but it is the only one we have and it has been sending out gentle hints for the last year that it was tired. 

Thanks, cshort!  :hug

Hope you get your tv soon! And yum spaghetti and meatballs! That's one of my husband's two dishes that he'll make for us and it's my favorite! 

DH and I are headed to South Carolina tomorrow to spend some time with my dad and stepmom! I think we've been needing a mini vacation and I've finally got enough finished with my mom's estate that we can go! I'll still be on here checking in and checking messages and my sister will be coming by to bring the mail in every day or two, so this shouldn't affect square delivery! I'll just have some to open when I get home and I'm okay with that!  :yes  Next Friday my parents' town has LOBSTER RACES! Have you ever heard of such a thing?? I'm determined to go! Apparently it's a big thing, they'll shut down the downtown area and have food and gift vendors, music and, of course, racing lobsters! Whodathunk?? I'm probably a little too excited about racing lobsters! 

Hope everyone has a wonderful night and a beautiful Friday!  :ghug

Lobster races.  Sounds interesting.  Are they racing to or from the lobster pots?  Have fun.

He ended up coming home today! Hopefully this is the end of the drama...

Glad he is home.  Hopefully it's for good this time.

happy feet here,

I look forward to hearing from any or all of you,please let me know size and color of squares needed ,happy to be in group 

and hoping to make new friends HappyFeet54

(Linda)

Welcome.  The size and colors people want are listed on page one.  You just pick who you want to send to and pm them for their mailing info.  If  you wish to be added to the list pm katyallen8090 your preferences and mailing info. 

I just came home from my weekly prenatal appt. I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow. Baby is measuring right on, has turned back to the head down position, and I'm not dilated or effaced yet. That's fine. She needs to bake a little longer!

I just realized that I can get started on her baby blanket. Yay! Now to find a pattern...

Welcome FunnyGirl54! Did you used to be a member but under a different screen name, HappyFeet54? Either way, hello!

Good news, all is well with you and Eileen Hollyann.

Yay! Glad he is home.

happy feet here,

I look forward to hearing from any or all of you,please let me know size and color of squares needed ,happy to be in group 

(Linda)

Welcome!

My youngest daughter's nursing school pinning/graduation was great last night, she lead the Pledge of Allegiance and received 3 awards, yes I am a very proud momma. Then we all went to dinner. Today we all went sailing with my dad and had a great time. My older daughter and grandkids headed for home about an hour ago. I am very tired but it's a good/relaxed tired so I am going to spend some time crocheting. I think it's going to be a relaxing weekend, maybe I'll get started on some squares for next month's queen.

Have a great night everyone.

Yay! Glad he is home.

Welcome!

My youngest daughter's nursing school pinning/graduation was great last night, she lead the Pledge of Allegiance and received 3 awards, yes I am a very proud momma. Then we all went to dinner. Today we all went sailing with my dad and had a great time. My older daughter and grandkids headed for home about an hour ago. I am very tired but it's a good/relaxed tired so I am going to spend some time crocheting. I think it's going to be a relaxing weekend, maybe I'll get started on some squares for next month's queen.

Have a great night everyone.

Sounds like you had a wonderful day.  Congratulations to your daughter. 

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Kiddles got me up at 4 with a bloody nose so all I can say is

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I hope Kiddles is ok and that the rest of your day is a good one.

I slept good last night, must have been all the fresh air yesterday, but I was still up at 5. Started the laundry and I'm enjoying my coffee and crocheting.

Have a great day.

on the agenda today

military food store shopping

visiting nursing homes,don't know what the result that will be,

he is kinda acting like she is too good to in a double room,I think private rooms are only for those that can pay the big bucks,sigh,I just don't know,but I am oh soooooooooooooo tired

Back again........I had enough coffee and diet coke to wake up then Kiddles and I ran about half an hour away to a new-to-me yarn store - you know the kind with only the high end yarn. What eye candy! Can't afford it but likes petting it! Kiddles said she now is ready to learn crochet! We'll see.....

cshort - glad you slept!

linda - hugs gal!

Everyone else, hugs too!

kuddles

Hi ya back all.
Hope everyone remembers that May is going to be People's Choice Queen, pick whomever(s) you like to send to, as always, your choice, can be one,or multiple queens!! I think this will be fun, hope you all do too!!!

As was suggested, I will be posting a new thread too, first of May, a gallery somewhat, where those of us, past and present, can post pics of our ghans progress, or completion!! So will post the link to that, in May as well!! Big months coming up, hope you all feel up to the challenge!!!!!!

Been cleaning a bit this am, big tv coming this aft, so dusting off the old, lol..

I am hungry and tired already, glad when it is installed,and hooked up, ha ha....Gonna have a little left over spaghetti me thinks, to boost my energy level somewhat...it's dropping fast,lol

All for now, next time I am here, I will have that big screen on and humming smoothly!  take care oh and Happy Saturday all!

Been busy all day. Took a CPR class and then got daughter ready for prom. The dress nancia sent I took to the seamstress to make it fit her for it was a little to big and she never got it finish. I was so angry with her. She said it would be done this morning and she still had two more dresses to do for tonight. So baby didn't get her dress. Very very upset. So been running around with our heads cut off to get a dress and then get her hair done and make up. This will not happen next year at all. I cried and cried . Not that it helped any but just was so frustrated ....

So glad he's finally home! I hope it's for good this time and that all any of you need to do is worry about spending time with him and getting him healed!  :hug

happy feet here,

(Linda)

:welcome  :welcome

hi ya all,

Just a reminder to happyfeet/funnygirl, still awaiting your addy and then I will get you on the list. Thanks for joining!!

To all else, hope your friday goes well, nice day here, and sun, so Im a happy camper! Yarn monkey, don't forget to send your crown to the jewelers, lol May is Peoples Choice Month, pick whomever and or how many Queens, you want to send to, and have fun, this ought to be a very pictorial month, here on the thread, lol with all those queens out there receiving, oh and I will post the new thread on May first,  that is a place for us to have our completed ghans posted that some of us have completed, or are working on that were mainly made from this thread, to post pics and such.... That will come on the first, as it is the first of the People's Choice for Queen month..I think this is going to be fun, I hope so anyway, I always get the queens out first of the month, when there is just one queen, but if there are people I think I want to send to, or if some are close to finishing, of course, then I will have more homes for more squares!! 

I'm going to stare at it lovingly for a few more days and then get it packaged carefully and off to the jewelers it will go!  :queen

It's finally Fri, hope you and Kiddles have a nice but quiet weekend.

Sorry about the broken windows, but accidents happen.  Sounds like you did the right thing pulling the old carpet off the porch rather than waiting for it to be fixed especially if it is what caused your daughter to lose her balance.

Stormy here all day yesterday but it's supposed to be a near perfect day out today.    Hopefully your tv will come soon.  I have been looking at tv's.  Mine has to be 25 years old or older and they are a lot different now.  I vowed to watch it till it died but it is the only one we have and it has been sending out gentle hints for the last year that it was tired. 

Lobster races.  Sounds interesting.  Are they racing to or from the lobster pots?  Have fun.

Glad he is home.  Hopefully it's for good this time.

Welcome.  The size and colors people want are listed on page one.  You just pick who you want to send to and pm them for their mailing info.  If  you wish to be added to the list pm katyallen8090 your preferences and mailing info. 

Good news, all is well with you and Eileen Hollyann.

I'm hoping the winner gets a reprieve! My dad asked if they train for these races and then wanted to know if that made them tough to eat.  :P My sister said they raced goldfish one of the places she lived with her exhusband who was Navy. Apparently they put them in little channels in the water and blew bubbles behind them with a straw to make them swim. I'll try to get pictures of the racing lobsters!

Been busy all day. Took a CPR class and then got daughter ready for prom. The dress nancia sent I took to the seamstress to make it fit her for it was a little to big and she never got it finish. I was so angry with her. She said it would be done this morning and she still had two more dresses to do for tonight. So baby didn't get her dress. Very very upset. So been running around with our heads cut off to get a dress and then get her hair done and make up. This will not happen next year at all. I cried and cried . Not that it helped any but just was so frustrated ....

I'm so sorry that happened to her! I hope she was happy with what she did find and still has a beautiful night! I can't believe that seamstress would take on what was clearly far more work than she could handle! I hope you didn't have to pay for it! I would've thrown the biggest fit that woman had ever seen!  :no

We spent this evening at the horse derby. I don't understand horses one bit but it was fun visiting. They also had free soft tacos, so I couldn't be too angry with free Mexican food! I don't know what's on the agenda for tomorrow yet, but I do know some serious hooking will be involved tomorrow evening! 

Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far!  :)

Yes she was happy with the dress we have. It's just frustrating and I took the other dress back and have it here. No I didn't have to pay for it and will find a different one next time.

Popping in with a quick Hello! :hi  It's been a challenging week for me healthwise.  I haven't spent much time up and about, mostly in bed sleeping.  I'm starting to pull out of it.  These darn flares kick my butt, lol.  I see Nikki got her squares.  I'm happy about that.   Quickly browsing I saw some nice eye candy!  Kuddles, I believe, has been busy at her embroidery machine, nice!  And who else was is?  Nikki?  Did you make the great blanket ant bunny?  They're fantastic. 

Well, I'm out of steam ladies.  Time to head back to bed.  Be well everyone and take care.  You are all in my thoughts and prayers. :hug

Good morning!

owlvamp - that was rotten! Glad you got another one!

ann - hi honey! Sorry to hear you've been under the weather, hope that turns around soon!

nikki - my Kiddles is in love with horses right now! She would have loved to have gone there!

Well, today is errand day. To Target, to Jewel, but also to Joanns where the clearance fabric is another 50% off. That's when I try to buy something I need, most times don't find anything but you never know!

Oh and a walk or two.....cooler and rain is around but we'll go to the mall for one at least! Hope another one later outside!

Take care and have a great day all!

kuddles

good morning everyone

woke up on my own at 7:30,had my first coffee,then cut up the meat for crockpot goulash

need to put wash in the dryer,on the other front,no news is good news

Archived