Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

UPDATE:

I'm home now. Baby and I are both fine. It turned out to be nothing.  I did get an ultrasound and found out that we are having a.....

GIRL!!!

C is excited by Y is very disappointed. She really wanted a brother. Got to go now. I've need to eat and leave for work in 15 minutes. I just wanted to get on and update you all.

So excited you got to find out and that everything is okay! Do you have names picked out? Will knowing help you plan? Yay!!  :yay

Hi everyone!

Cindy, so glad to read that you are out of the hospital and are doing fine.  Plus, knowing that you're having a little girl!  How wonderful.

Katie, I'm all for the double queen months, but I do understand if others disagree.  I am the same as you, it's just one more puffy to go in the mail. 

Yes, our angels are very good to us and do deserve some show of appreciation.

We had a wonderful time with the grandkids yesterday.  Mother Nature cooperated so that we could have an egg hunt and that was a big hit.  The easter bunnies that I crocheted them were loved by all, too.

Well, that's all my news.  Take care everyone.

Ooopppsss, almost forgot.... a puffy went out to our queen this morning, so keep a look out for it later this week!

Yay! Thanks grannieannie! I'll be keeping an eye out for sure!  :hug

Hi ann!! Glad your holiday went so well, and the weather cooperated as well, twas a good time had by all!!!

Yep  yep, nother good day tomorrow too, gotta get out and enjoy it a bit!

ohshoot, a commercial for ice cream just came on, now I want some, however...don't have any...what to do!! lol

Just a little survey, what is your fav. flavor of ice cream....I black raspberry AND butter pecan, and and and,easier to name an unfavorite, Im sure, lol what's yours!

I don't really discriminate when it comes to ice cream! I love it all, unless it has nuts in it. I'm not allergic, I just don't love crunchy stuff in my ice cream! I love Haagen Dazs banana split and pina colada, Ben & Jerry Coffee Toffee whatever it's called, and plain old chocolate! We just finished dinner and I'm dying for some dessert and we don't have anything. Now I'm really wanting ice cream or a milkshake!  :manyheart

Well, my plans didn't work out today. At 2:30, Wayne called me at work and wanted me to take him to the ER. He had pain in his shoulder and left arm and the home healthcare nurse had been unhappy with the look of his incision. Long story made short, he has an infection and is being taken by ambulance back to one of the hospitals his surgeon works out of and is probably have surgery early in the morning.

I hope everything is okay and I hope the surgery goes well. :hug  Glad he went instead of being such a man and just letting it go!  :lol  I'm bad about that, so I can only call it a man thing for so long before DH calls me out on it! 

I'm only making for one person,at this time that all I have time/energy/money for

I'll have to see how long this wrist holds out for.

obtw,mil is back in hospital,yesterday was a real chitty day here X 7

102 fever BP 74/40

I hope mil is okay! Please keep us updated!  :hug

Not much to report here again... I finished the bunny I was doing for Peanut and now I'm working on a round ripple for him. My sister says she can't have too many blankets for him so I'm taking her at her word and a hooking I go! I need to post the bunny and the other ghan I finished for her over in show and tell and then I'll post the links here. 

Hope everyone is having a good week so far!!  :D

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
katyallen8090

Posted Today, 09:56 PM

omg yarnmonkey, those are so precious!! the bunny is bigger than the baby LOL hugs for Peanut!!

howieann, on 22 Apr 2014 - 00:40, said:snapback.png

soo sorry holly, healing thoughts sent out to you and hubby!

Well, my plans didn't work out today. At 2:30, Wayne called me at work and wanted me to take him to the ER. He had pain in his shoulder and left arm and the home healthcare nurse had been unhappy with the look of his incision. Long story made short, he has an infection and is being taken by ambulance back to one of the hospitals his surgeon works out of and is probably have surgery early in the morning.

pineknott, on 22 Apr 2014 - 10:25, said:snapback.png

Oh poor Linda, don't you fret doll, we are all just  going to do what we can, as always, don't please strain that wrist again by trying to do too much crocheting!! Thoughts and good wishes for MIL too....

I'm only making for one person,at this time that all I have time/energy/money for

I'll have to see how long this wrist holds out for.

obtw,mil is back in hospital,yesterday was a real chitty day here X 7

102 fever BP 74/40

katyallen8090

•  
  •  

Posted Today, 10:08 PM

by the sounds of things, look like we could all use a hug!!!!!

also Kuddle, I am glad you are not in the city.......

hugs all around for us all, and everyone, please have a restful, peaceful evening tonight. Storms in the forecast for tomorrow, with high winds,,,,, just about the time my tree is gonna bloom too, what'd I tell ya!!!!!!

Probably knock all the buds off, as always....me oh my.....WE could use the rain though, that's the up side of it all....

Thank goodness Handydandyman mended that leak in our gutters,and retarred a place on it.  so that all is well, and water won't be dripping and making a pool! .... hIS MOTTO isnt' the regular, " if its not broke, don't fix it," His motto is, fix it so it won't get broke, lol

let it rain,maybe wash some of this pollen outta the air!! but i could do without so much wind!

my eyes have been bothering me all the pollen, itching and dry, I keep some visine or wetting drops, on my night table, sheesh,only have this problem during high pollen days.....take care all, .

Edited by katyallen8090, Today, 10:09 PM.

Do stop in soon, to join us! Granny Friendship/Comfort ghan Cal click on link

for info on joining and list of members, and preferences. 

Bag Lady owner #91!! 

My friendship ghan here! Thanks to all!

My Photopages

Thanks for all the prayers! Today the thought seems to be that it’s not an infection, but actually just fluid buildup. They may at some point need to drain it, but not a full blown surgery.  Of course, they’ve been pumping antibiotics through the IV all day and it’s looking lots better. So who knows?

Cindy – what a pretty baby girl name!

Good early morning all! Woke at 3:45, up at 4.....so far no kiddles.....

Holly - good news for now! Woot!

Nikki - wow adorable items! Love that bunny - so big! LOL

Everyone else......hi!

Kiddles and I are just miserable with the allergies which also means her nosebleeds are back in full force. Poor thing!

Back to chilly temps now......and I believe rain. Goodie!

Hope you all have a good day!

kuddles

Good morning.

Nikki, the blanket and bunny are very cute.

Katie and Kuddles, I hope you're feeling better.

Holly, glad your hubby is doing better, I'll keep him in prayer.

Another work day here. Hope everyone has a great day.

So here is what I did on Monday when I had the day alone! The two horses are on shirts for Kiddles and the other two will be tote bags of some sort. The Pocahontas is in honor of Kiddles, who is Maya Indian from Guatemala and the Hello Kitty is made with a vinyl I found that has glitter in it! I had such fun and both machines were working and flying along!

post-17419-0-83498500-1398255028_thumb.jpg

post-17419-0-83264600-1398255035_thumb.jpg

post-17419-0-08887500-1398255046_thumb.jpg

post-17419-0-37386600-1398255053_thumb.jpg

My favorite ice cream is SoDelicious Mocha Almond Fudge... I can't have "regular" ice cream and this is the best alternative that I've found but it's expensive so I don't get it very often :(

I got my baby blanket pieced together and am about 1/3 done weaving in ends...now I remember why I generally don't make things that have a lot of pieces or color changes...I'm lazy lol

My DS turns 2 on Friday so we're having a party on Saturday that I need to get ready for!

Owlvamp--We picked Eileen Hollyann.

Katy--when I was in the Navy, our "motto" was "if ain't broke, fix it 'til it is."

Off to bed for me...

Beautiful name! I love it!  :manyheart

Thanks for all the prayers! Today the thought seems to be that it’s not an infection, but actually just fluid buildup. They may at some point need to drain it, but not a full blown surgery.  Of course, they’ve been pumping antibiotics through the IV all day and it’s looking lots better. So who knows?

Yay! That's wonderful news!  :yay  Draining fluid would be much easier and better recovery than a surgery! Congrats!  :hug

Good early morning all! Woke at 3:45, up at 4.....so far no kiddles.....

Holly - good news for now! Woot!

Nikki - wow adorable items! Love that bunny - so big! LOL

Everyone else......hi!

Kiddles and I are just miserable with the allergies which also means her nosebleeds are back in full force. Poor thing!

Back to chilly temps now......and I believe rain. Goodie!

Hope you all have a good day!

kuddles

So here is what I did on Monday when I had the day alone! The two horses are on shirts for Kiddles and the other two will be tote bags of some sort. The Pocahontas is in honor of Kiddles, who is Maya Indian from Guatemala and the Hello Kitty is made with a vinyl I found that has glitter in it! I had such fun and both machines were working and flying along!

Thanks, kuddles! Bunny should've been 15" and wound up 21". I have no idea what happened... Oh well! He'll be snuggled for years! Your embroideries are beautiful! Love them!  :yes

My favorite ice cream is SoDelicious Mocha Almond Fudge... I can't have "regular" ice cream and this is the best alternative that I've found but it's expensive so I don't get it very often :(

I got my baby blanket pieced together and am about 1/3 done weaving in ends...now I remember why I generally don't make things that have a lot of pieces or color changes...I'm lazy lol

My DS turns 2 on Friday so we're having a party on Saturday that I need to get ready for!

I hate weaving in ends from color changes and sewing pieces together! I'm with you 100%!! I try to do it as I go so there aren't so many to do at the end when you just want to be finished, but it really is such a pain!  :(

I hate weaving in ends from color changes and sewing pieces together! I'm with you 100%!! I try to do it as I go so there aren't so many to do at the end when you just want to be finished, but it really is such a pain! :(

I haven't really figured out a good way to weave as I go...it always looks bulky and weird...maybe I'm just special like that

I haven't really figured out a good way to weave as I go...it always looks bulky and weird...maybe I'm just special like that

I always just hold it to the back and crochet over it for a couple inches and then when I'm finished, I go back with a  yarn needle and weave them in backwards (back the way they came from). It works pretty well for me!  :)

Okay got my show & tell's posted! 

Baby ghan HERE

Bunny HERE.

Hope you all like them as much as I do! 

The bunny is adorable.  I am sure it will be loved.  I really liked how the afghan turned out.  The anchor applique was a nice touch.

I was reduced to tears today and I have no idea why. Sigh.....  There is a tub of Reese's Peanut Butter Cup ice cream in the freezer. I'm gonna have some after the girls go to bed so I don't have to share  :devil   Oh, and Hubs is sick and you know how the "man cold" goes   :ohdear .

We picked Eileen Hollyann. Holly is MIL's middle name and Ann is my mom's middle name.

Prayers for your MIL (and you!)

Hope you are having a better day.  :hug  I liked the name you picked and that you were able to include the names of both grandma's.

Hope you are having a better day too.  :hug

They are all so cute. 

i got some beautiful squares today from grannyannie! Actually they may have come yesterday, but we never did check the mail! Whoops! It was one of those days. They're absolutely beautiful and I'll be adding them tonight and then working more on the round ripple for Peanut. Katy inspired me with all of hers she posted a few days back. I haven't done a round ripple in a while and they're so beautiful! 

Thanks, grannyannie! I don't think the pictures came out quite right. I should've taken them while it was still daylight. Anyway, they're hot pink and an absolutely gorgeous aqua (it's my favorite color).

post-11765-0-00012600-1398297381_thumb.jpg

Those really are gorgeous squares, thanks to ann and her handy work!!

Kuddles, darling darling creations!

Yarn Monkey, thanks for moving my post, lol, Ill go back,and remove it from your other thread, I have no idea how that happened, lol;

everyone else, glad to see you and hope all is going well for you. Chilly almost in the house tonight, thinking about kicking on the heat for just a few minutes to take the chill out, and of course the rain doesn't help!!

well outta time, got a couple things yet to do tonight, so Ill talk to you all later, take care.!

Good Morning!

i got some beautiful squares today from grannyannie! Actually they may have come yesterday, but we never did check the mail! Whoops! It was one of those days. They're absolutely beautiful and I'll be adding them tonight and then working more on the round ripple for Peanut. Katy inspired me with all of hers she posted a few days back. I haven't done a round ripple in a while and they're so beautiful! 

Thanks, grannyannie! I don't think the pictures came out quite right. I should've taken them while it was still daylight. Anyway, they're hot pink and an absolutely gorgeous aqua (it's my favorite color).

attachicon.gif2014-04-23 19.49.20.1.jpg

Those are beautiful squares.

Wayne's neck was looking a lot better today. It sounds like they are planning to keep him until Friday. Right now, I plan on working tomorrow and then spending Friday at the hospital. I'm worn out...

Glad to hear he is doing better. Hope you get some rest soon.

A work day for me. DD1 and the grandkids should be at the house when I get home. We are going to DD2's graduation :graduate  from nursing school tonight and then out for a big family dinner to celebrate. DD1 and the grandkids will be spending the night at my house so we will have some time to play tomorrow.

Yarn_Monkey, your squares will be in the mail on Monday, I don't think I'll get to the post office before then.

Have a good day everyone. :)

Archived