Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning! No time to catch up but just saw Cindy's note - take care girl and hoping all is going well this morning! Keep us posted!

Great weekend with family. Kiddles is tired, as am I, the difference is she goes to school today but I have the day off from work! I need it to recover!

Best part - yesterday hit the upper 70s! Wow!

Hope you are all doing well!

kuddles

UPDATE:

I'm home now. Baby and I are both fine. It turned out to be nothing.  I did get an ultrasound and found out that we are having a.....

GIRL!!!

C is excited by Y is very disappointed. She really wanted a brother. Got to go now. I've need to eat and leave for work in 15 minutes. I just wanted to get on and update you all.

Hello  everyone.

Kuddles, glad you had a good time with family.

Cindy, glad you and baby are ok.

I worked today and stopped at walmart on the way home. Now I'm tired and ready to relax and crochet for a while.

Hope everyone has a good night.

hello all.....

Cindy, glad you are ok, and baby girl, that is wonderful!!

Well, only cindy has weighed in on the double queen thing for june, any other opinions out there about it......

I still like the double queen idea, but it is up to you all, so if you have an opinion,now is the time to state it, for the record.lol

CIndy made a good point, but speaking for myself, I would send to both queens,its only one more puffy, and I usually send to multiples anyway, but i understand Cindy's point,  I guess everyone might have thier own idea about that, so let me hear from you on it..  at least five more months of queens,one at a time, as it stands, cause more members might join,  unless any new members after such and such a date, would just be in the birthday month thing, and not nominees for biggest square anymore, or it would continue on and on, Or      double it up, and start the birthday thing in August..or sept. ..

Had a question too, about the MAy pick your own queen,or course doing this won't guarantee that everyone get something, it's up to the individual to choose whom she thinks is Her queen(s)for the month of may, could be one, could be multiples, up to each to decide. As to weather we all pick the same ones, or all different, just means that many more ghans to complete, or will be completed! Its like just mailing squares to whomever you want for one month, that's all.

Lovely spring day again, touch of rain last evening, just enough to water the lawn, and the budding trees!! My tree blooms every spring, but usually during the rainy times, and it only lasts a day, when the rain knocks off all the flowers!!I  Im hoping this spring,it blooms and it doesn't storm for at least a week, so I can enjoy it! they are beautiful  Pink flowers,and smell so pretty when the breeze blows..

Kuddles, i heard about those kids, four I think, getting shot at by a drive by on Michigan street in Chicago, Im sure hoping that is no where near you. I think most of them will recover, but they were like 11 and 12 years old, sheesh.......

In other news............ hay fever has me in its nasty grips, so.....that is always fun!

got out my 'specialty' yarns, to sort and see what i have, that will be fun, a whole bin to play in!! 

So, am going to the craft room soon, to play in the yarn a bit! take care all, cindy, take it easy this week, how close are you to your delivery date anyway???

What we do know for sure, is that

May,will for sure be  choose your own queen or queens. can be one, or more,your choice..and take some time to pm or send a card to those that send,but are not receiving..they are so good to us, (angel list, on first post)

Thats all i know,,,lol so im off.........good evening everyone!

Hi everyone!

Cindy, so glad to read that you are out of the hospital and are doing fine.  Plus, knowing that you're having a little girl!  How wonderful.

Katie, I'm all for the double queen months, but I do understand if others disagree.  I am the same as you, it's just one more puffy to go in the mail. 

Yes, our angels are very good to us and do deserve some show of appreciation.

We had a wonderful time with the grandkids yesterday.  Mother Nature cooperated so that we could have an egg hunt and that was a big hit.  The easter bunnies that I crocheted them were loved by all, too.

Well, that's all my news.  Take care everyone.

Ooopppsss, almost forgot.... a puffy went out to our queen this morning, so keep a look out for it later this week!

Hi ann!! Glad your holiday went so well, and the weather cooperated as well, twas a good time had by all!!!

Yep  yep, nother good day tomorrow too, gotta get out and enjoy it a bit!

ohshoot, a commercial for ice cream just came on, now I want some, however...don't have any...what to do!! lol

Just a little survey, what is your fav. flavor of ice cream....I black raspberry AND butter pecan, and and and,easier to name an unfavorite, Im sure, lol what's yours!

Well, my plans didn't work out today. At 2:30, Wayne called me at work and wanted me to take him to the ER. He had pain in his shoulder and left arm and the home healthcare nurse had been unhappy with the look of his incision. Long story made short, he has an infection and is being taken by ambulance back to one of the hospitals his surgeon works out of and is probably have surgery early in the morning.

UPDATE:

I'm home now. Baby and I are both fine. It turned out to be nothing.  I did get an ultrasound and found out that we are having a.....

GIRL!!!

C is excited by Y is very disappointed. She really wanted a brother. Got to go now. I've need to eat and leave for work in 15 minutes. I just wanted to get on and update you all.

Woot! Glad to hear you are okay and a baby girl! Cool!

Good morning gals!

cshort - thanks! Hope you did some relaxing!

katie - those shootings were no where near me. I'm in a burb and most of what you hear is more in the city...still just maybe 10-15 minute drive from me but it might as well be another world! Still sad and scarey!

katie - my fav ice cream is Baskin Robbins Pralines and Cream! I only buy it maybe 2 times a year, so addicting to me! At home, I enjoy cookies and cream or something with pieces of chocolate and caramel in it. I do not like choc ice cream though! I want my chocolate in chunks!

Hi Ann!!!!!!!!!!!

Holly, oh my! Big hug for you!

I'm back to work after being off yesterday alone! I did 4 embroideries! Two shirts for kiddles and two other designs that will become tote bags. Fun! That embroidery machine that acted up.....was just fine! I guess it really did just need to reboot! It is a computer basically!

I'll post pics of the four when I get them downloaded.....

Hope everyone has a great day! After the warmth of the weekend, we are back into cool weather for the next week! What??

kuddles

katie - my fav ice cream is Baskin Robbins Pralines and Cream! I only buy it maybe 2 times a year, so addicting to me! At home, I enjoy cookies and cream or something with pieces of chocolate and caramel in it. I do not like choc ice cream though! I want my chocolate in chunks!

AMEN GIRL................

Cindy congrats on a baby girl. Have you picked out any names yet?

It doesn't matter to me on May. I will look at list and yarn that I have unpacked and see what I can do. Everyone here has been so good on sending squares . So what ever is decided I'm okay with.

I'm only making for one person,at this time that all I have time/energy/money for

I'll have to see how long this wrist holds out for.

obtw,mil is back in hospital,yesterday was a real chitty day here X 7

102 fever BP 74/40

UPDATE:

GIRL!!!

Sorry your birthday did not go as planned but I am glad you and baby girl are doing okay. 

Hi everyone!

Cindy, so glad to read that you are out of the hospital and are doing fine.  Plus, knowing that you're having a little girl!  How wonderful.

Katie, I'm all for the double queen months, but I do understand if others disagree.  I am the same as you, it's just one more puffy to go in the mail. 

Yes, our angels are very good to us and do deserve some show of appreciation.

We had a wonderful time with the grandkids yesterday.  Mother Nature cooperated so that we could have an egg hunt and that was a big hit.  The easter bunnies that I crocheted them were loved by all, too.

Well, that's all my news.  Take care everyone.

Ooopppsss, almost forgot.... a puffy went out to our queen this morning, so keep a look out for it later this week!

I am glad the weather cooperated and you had a good time with the grandkids.

I am not a real big Ice cream fan. so the more stuff they shove into it the better. Like rocky road or bunny tracks..... If it is plain jane Ice cream make me a banana split or a shake lol. 

I am not real fond of ice cream but do like a scoop of vanilla on warm pie and once in a while I enjoy Blue Belle homemade vanilla with real strawberries in it. 

Well, my plans didn't work out today. At 2:30, Wayne called me at work and wanted me to take him to the ER. He had pain in his shoulder and left arm and the home healthcare nurse had been unhappy with the look of his incision. Long story made short, he has an infection and is being taken by ambulance back to one of the hospitals his surgeon works out of and is probably have surgery early in the morning.

So sorry, hoping he doesn't have to stay long.

Good morning gals!

cshort - thanks! Hope you did some relaxing!

katie - those shootings were no where near me. I'm in a burb and most of what you hear is more in the city...still just maybe 10-15 minute drive from me but it might as well be another world! Still sad and scarey!

Hi Ann!!!!!!!!!!!

Holly, oh my! Big hug for you!

I'm back to work after being off yesterday alone! I did 4 embroideries! Two shirts for kiddles and two other designs that will become tote bags. Fun! That embroidery machine that acted up.....was just fine! I guess it really did just need to reboot! It is a computer basically!

I'll post pics of the four when I get them downloaded.....

Hope everyone has a great day! After the warmth of the weekend, we are back into cool weather for the next week! What??

kuddles

I am glad your machine is okay.  Darn computers.

I'm only making for one person,at this time that all I have time/energy/money for

102 fever BP 74/40

:hug  :hug  :hug

Hi everyone.

Katie, I'm ok with the double queen idea and then starting the birthdays.

My favorite ice cream is usually chocolate but I like trying different flavors.

Pineknott and Holly, I'll be praying for your families.

Ann, glad you enjoyed the holiday.

Nothing exciting here. Have a good evening.

I was reduced to tears today and I have no idea why. Sigh.....  There is a tub of Reese's Peanut Butter Cup ice cream in the freezer. I'm gonna have some after the girls go to bed so I don't have to share  :devil   Oh, and Hubs is sick and you know how the "man cold" goes   :ohdear .

Cindy congrats on a baby girl. Have you picked out any names yet?

We picked Eileen Hollyann. Holly is MIL's middle name and Ann is my mom's middle name.

102 fever BP 74/40

Prayers for your MIL (and you!)

Archived