Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Good morning cshort! And to all of you!

Supposed to pour rain here all day. At least it's not snow! Going to lunch today with two lovely coworkers so that should be fun! Other than that, just lots of input at work to be done......next week most kids in the district are on spring break and my new coworker is 10 month so she will be off too. So a quiet week for me next week!

I finished the test shrug for Sue. Nice and easy. I'm not a shrug person at all.....got a neighbor to put it on so I could snap a pic so I attached it here. She said she is putting it up for sale on ravelry today.

That's about it! Have a lovely day!

kuddles

That is a very pretty shrug. I guess I'm the different one, I love shawls and shrugs.

Looks like Tank just pulled a muscle. She does not believe it's a ripped ACL because he doesn't lift his leg all the time and leave it there. Just like grann was explaining it. So he is on some pain meds for two weeks and has too be confined and no running and then out on the leash to potty. She said it could be possible that he might have a tiny tear but at this time will check him in two weeks. :) so hopefully all goes well in the next two weeks and have to have no x-rays and he's all better.

Beautiful shrug. I'm with you and not into them but you did a wonderful job.

I hope the meds and rest fix the problem and Tank feels better soon.

Nice job!

Glad to hear that it doesn't appear to be serious.

So, how hard is it to give medicine to a dog? I've never had to do it, so I don't know. Cats are haaarrrd!

I've been feeling sick and tired yesterday and today. I think my body is telling me that I over did it this past week, especially this weekend. My OB won't be too happy since I lost 2 lbs. Now I'm back at a 0 pound net gain for this pregnancy.

Also, I had my bank and credit cards stolen when I was at work on Mon night. I left my purse on the steps I was sitting on waiting for my client. I had to cancel everything. It was sweet though because my client looked like he wanted to beat someone up. Guys get so protective of the females around them, especially when the female is pregnant!

I'm so sorry to hear about this, I hope nothing was charged to any of your accounts. I also hope you're feeling better.

Grannyannie, I hope you had a great birthday.

Today is an early release day for students at noon and then lunch and meetings for teachers until 3, maybe we'll finish up a little early and I can get a head start on my 1.5 hour drive to my daughter's place, I can't wait to see all of them. The next couple of days are going to busy so I may not be around but I will do my best to catch up with everyone when I get back here.

Have a great day everyone!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes nice day here too, for a change... AC tech just left, thought I would get a jump on having the ac charged a bit, but where are the honest service guys all gone too??? Gotta check this, and that, and do this, and should do that, before charging, handydan said, and I quote, I have done everything else to it, so don't let them sell you on anything, we just want a charge of freon is all

So, that is what I told the guy, and almost reluctantly he put about a pound in, that's all, so thatwas good, as it is about 80 bucks he said, for a pound, but the gal Italked to on the phone quoted me 45.son he called the office, and they said to give it to me for the amount quoted, and they would make sure everyone had the right price sheet, yeah, now If i wouldn't have said anything, they would have just gone and charged me twice that!! Won't call them backagain!!!!!!!

so, hung around all day, doing odd  jobs, and such watinig on them, showed up finally about 130, but i knew the temps outside had to be at least 60 to charge an ac unit, (handy dan again) and it didn't get warm enough out till bout then anyway...

So it is ready to go which gives me peace of mind, and handydan will clean the outside unit when he gets home, but i think we hae quite a while yet before we have to use it, lol\

Nothing much else here, won't get to the po today, looking to tomorrow for that run, and so you have it, NICE DAY, but a lot of waiting, lol

Runing out for a few, get the mail and such, but other than that, im done for the day!! talk to you all later!!

I saw the doc today and I'm feeling better! Well, 50% better, but that is a huge improvement. No long-term solutions for now, due to pregnancy, but the medicine will get me through. Only 8 more weeks, ladies, only 8 more weeks. Anyone want to start taking guesses at the baby's gender and birthdate? I added a link in my siggy to an online "pool" where you can make guesses. Its just for fun though, no money involved. 

The girls played outside today, for the first time in long time (other than short stints in the snow and frigid temps). They had a blast! I was happy to sit out there with them, even in my discomfort, and see them roam free.

We've got 1-3 weeks before we hear back from the shipyard in VA. I can't wait for this to all be over with.

Good morning!

Cindy, glad to hear you've had some relief! And just 8 weeks? It's coming fast! Hang in there on the job situation for hubby....we're all praying for you!

TGIF! Today is supposed to get to 60 here! At least kiddles and I can walk after work! But back to cold tomorrow and thru next week. Mother Nature is so funny!

Nothing else to report so I'll just say, have a great day all!

kuddles

Cindy,

I left a guess in your baby pool

Well, I finally got caught up enough so that I opened the puffy which came to me and I found it was from Katie. It came a couple of weeks ago. I would have opened it sooner, but I have been busy. However, I did open it this morning and I saw some beautiful squares! Eight of them! Katie, I love them! Sorry I was so slow in opening your puffy. If you have any more, please think of me. I love these! Some of the colors are light blue and light green,and a beautiful medium peach.

Still collecting squares for my pastel ghan. I am going to count the squares I have so far with this last 8 and post a count of the squares that I have so far. Thank you Katie and everbody who I have received squares from. When I purchase a camera, I will post pics of the squares. The sun is out here today. I don't know how warm it is yet though. We started out in the low 30s here in Georgia today. Hope everybody is doing well.

Good morning!

off to Duke/ Raleigh hospital this afternoon . Hubby has his check up and I need to get my back looked at. It's better but not all the way.

We are struggling with no over time and just need to think positive it will get better.

On a good note I love my house. Still need to unpack a lot but trying not to stress my back to much. The boxes will always be there tomorrow. LOL

I think it was Tuesday that it was nice enough here that we were able to stop at the playground for a while on the way home from daycare. He didn't even wear his coat! Then it was back to cold the next day. :( Sigh.

I'm taking a mental health day today, shhhh. This past week, Thursday to Thursday, was hands down the worst week I can remember having at work. I finally got all the fires either put out or tamped down yesterday, and I spent the end of the day cleaning up as much as I could in anticipation of being "sick" today. I really wish being at the end of your mental rope was respected as much as the end of the physical one so I could just be honest about it! :P

Aw well. I'm doing some ordering for work that I didn't get to yesterday, and I'll probably go to the gym later on and I'm planning lots and lots of yarn therapy today! Thank goodness for art, no?

Left a guess on the baby page. 

Beautiful day. Kids start spring break Monday. 

We did our errands and then we went to the park with all the children and grand babies. had a good time. now my kids are all off the where they are wanting to spend time at for vaction. Haope all is having a great day

Left a guess on the baby page. 

Beautiful day. Kids start spring break Monday. 

We did our errands and then we went to the park with all the children and grand babies. had a good time. now my kids are all off the where they are wanting to spend time at for vaction. Haope all is having a great day

I hope you are wrong on the birthday! Aaahhh!!!!

Glad you had a nice day. Y had her spring break this week.

Cindy I was 2 weeks late with all 4 of my children. my oldest I was late and woke up and felt like I couldnt hold my bladder. Mom said Uh oh and off we went to the hospital. My 2nd I was in back labor 3 days called the DR and she said to meet her at the hospital. I laid there 2 more day with them trying to induce.  My 3rd I was 2 weeks late and had an induction scheduled went into labor the day before. and my last I was 10 days late and had to be induced.

Hi all, first of all, glad you are feeling better cindy, i think you had all of us a bit worried!!!

sent you a pm on the remaining squares......

viking, good for you, everyone needs a mental health day, least once a month, lol

Sounds like lots of medical visits to doctors from a few of you, hope for all of you things work out well...

Oh, sent some puffys out today, andIm going to list the zip codes i sent them too, he he he, so you all will know who you are, lol..

They are as follows.......

27320 and last but not least

there ya go, look to the mail box ladies!!

Rusty's mom, you are welcome for the squares,  i had fun making them in pretty colors, and they go so fast, sheesh, I thought I had mailed some, but when no one acknowledged, I thought that i didn't after all. We all get too busy sometimes, but it is nice and spares all of us mailing squares some worry, if everyone could acknowledge the puffy when they get it, if they can please and pretty please!

what else, yay, nice day here today too, got some running done, the Project Linus blankees are delivered, did the post office run, stopped at the dollar general, and got some cleaning supplies I was out of, what else, oh got an arby's and curly fries for lunch,he he he, and then home.

oh, yes, since the drop off for the afgans for project linus was right over there, almost next door to, Crispy Cream,i had to stop in,and get a few!! but that completed my day of running around, and I didnt' even get started till noon or after, I was playing phone receptionist, for handydandyman's calls, at noon, i was free, lol He was expecting some shingle deliveries today down thestreet, so had to man the phones till they called....

wasn't too hungry for supper, just ate the steak, we grilled them, but didn't want anything else with them, and of course a donut for desert!

Glad for those that work, that today is friday!! and hope you all have a marvelous weekend!!!    till later then!

Cindy I was 2 weeks late with all 4 of my children. my oldest I was late and woke up and felt like I couldnt hold my bladder. Mom said Uh oh and off we went to the hospital. My 2nd I was in back labor 3 days called the DR and she said to meet her at the hospital. I laid there 2 more day with them trying to induce.  My 3rd I was 2 weeks late and had an induction scheduled went into labor the day before. and my last I was 10 days late and had to be induced.

Y was 9 days early and C was 15 days early. With both girls, my water broke but I never went into labor so I had to be induced. Its rare for that to happen twice so it will be interesting to see if it happens a third time!

I was induced 8 days early with both girls. Alicia because she wasn't growing like they wanted and Sami because of a list of concerns about me. Both girls came quickly, though, once they started the induction... almost scary fast actually.

With my first Son I went woke my mom up at 5 am and had him by 10 am. they say that with each kid labor goes faster. LOL only 5 hours of labor for the first I was told The last few weeks of my next pregnancy I better sit on the hospital stairs. lol 

Good morning! Wow, all the birth stories......kiddles was 'easy' in comparison! well, not really.....

Busy day ahead so I'll just say 'have a great day' and get on with it!

kuddles

None of my children were easy. I had c-sections for all of them. So no pain till after.

Doctors went except hubby has to have surgery in his other now. So Monday will call and get him in to see the eye doctor that is going to do it. My back is better but still on mild rest for a few more weeks. I'm getting nothing done in the house with all this rest crap. On a good note Tank was so happy to see me when I came home. His leg is much better. Thank goodness !!

Good morning ladies hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Archived