katyallen8090

Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Good Morning,

Sounds like everyone is staying busy and trying to stay warm.

I am very tired today and plan to go straight home after work and spend the evening relaxing and stitching.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Good morning all!

Need to go to post office today.

Will be sending the queen her puffy today. Sorry it took so long. But be on the look out.

Skoggy--did you take pictures of the squares? I must have missed a couple (I try to take pics of all the squares I send). The two I missed were the Bouillon Granny and the 4" Cindy-original. I didn't write down the pattern for the original, so I was relying on taking a picture, and then I forgot to take one!

Sure. I keep meaning to post pics anyway. Will do it shortly. :hug

Good morning!

Yesterday was not fun getting to work! We had the rain, then ice, then snow on that so I drove to work on a sheet of ice. Instead of 15 minutes, it took 45! Insanity! Tomorrow will be 50! We get a roller coaster of temps and weather in the Windy City! Hope you are all staying safe!

Kiddles is done with ISATs but is not happy to be back to homework again! Neither am I.......ugh!

Didn't crochet yesterday. I started a shrug that I am testing for Sue (turtlvr) but I've never done one before so should be interesting.

Hugs to all!

kuddles

The nastiness missed us. We were supposed to get rain, sleet, then 1-2 inches of snow 2 nights ago. Instead, we got a dusting yesterday.

Sure. I keep meaning to post pics anyway. Will do it shortly. :hug

You're fabulous! By the way, sorry the Celt Knot and Circle square has white in it. Its actually an off-white. I thought it was cream. I finished the square before I realized it. I looked in my entire stash and I couldn't find cream in a comparable weight of yarn, so I just left it. I hoped you'd appreciate the square more than you'd be upset about a little white.

Busy, busy, busy.....

I'm back from the post office and mailed my squares out to this months queen. I did it!! Please let me know when they arrive. Thanks I hope you like them. They are plain but I can't find my yarn so I used what I found.

I will most definitely let you all know when I receive your squares this month & post pictures of them all as well!! 

I haven't been doing much of anything lately, I am working on a project for my swap partner.. It'll be a first, so we'll see how it turns out!! I'm loving the colors I chose though!

Here's the hat I made!

post-48736-0-91564100-1394746644_thumb.jpg

Edited by owlvamp
  • Like 2

Good morning!

Yesterday was not fun getting to work! We had the rain, then ice, then snow on that so I drove to work on a sheet of ice. Instead of 15 minutes, it took 45! Insanity! Tomorrow will be 50! We get a roller coaster of temps and weather in the Windy City! Hope you are all staying safe!

Kiddles is done with ISATs but is not happy to be back to homework again! Neither am I.......ugh!

Didn't crochet yesterday. I started a shrug that I am testing for Sue (turtlvr) but I've never done one before so should be interesting.

Hugs to all!

kuddles

Will spring never come this year!  This is just crazy.  I hope you get to show us the shrug when you have finished.  It's good to hear that Sue is still creating things.  I miss not getting to see her work. 

owlvamp - great hat!

Brenda yup i'll show the shrug if er I mean when I get it done!

Glad tomorrow is Friday!

kuddles

oh my,that is the cutest hat,Owlvamp

owlvamp - great hat!

Brenda yup i'll show the shrug if er I mean when I get it done!

Glad tomorrow is Friday!

kuddles

I am sure you can do it.  I have faith in you and Sue is good at writting up patterns. 

hello all....

was a busy day, tobe sure, but a beautiful weather day, so didn't mind running around a bit

First stop, was brunch/lunch with daughter and sister, then we all went separate directions, lol,I headed east and north, sis headed south, daughter went southwest, lol

Got my running done, and daughter ordred my new Comp.Keyboard for my bday, yay.... It is going to be nice to have it back lit, I should have thought of replacing this one a long time ago, lol not that theres anything wrong with it, but I am ready for a new one...

Then i headed to the store, for a few things, carwash, and stop and dropped donation for Proj Linus, then home at last, with a tired back, and the sniffles, uh oh.....lol

Nice eye candy, love the hat, kuddles hat was darling too!!

Not much more to say, going to shower soon, and just lay on the bed and watch something on tv......Me tired, and that hot shower will make me sleepy, Im sure, lol Night to all, and see ya tomorrow.....

Good Morning and Happy Friday!

Owlvamp, the hat is adorable.

I need to stop for some groceries after work today and then home. It's going to be a quiet night at my house since DD1 moved and DD2 can't make it for dinner because she has too much studying to do this weekend. So I will have to console myself with lots of stitching.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good morning!

cshort, if I lived near ya, I'd be over stitching with you if you could put up with kiddles too!

I am so glad it is Friday! Long week for some reason! I do have to drive the half hour to the state office to drop off a file but since today is to be up to 50, it will be nice!  Of course down to a high in the 20s again for Sunday. What a ride!

Have a good day all!

kuddles

Yes the weather changing is for the birds. It was beautiful two days ago and this morning really cold and frost on the windshields. Hopefully with all this there's very few bugs this summer. We can hope for something.

Good morning ladies!

It's Friday!! As much as I have enjoyed this years Spring Break with the boys & the actual spring temperatures (aside from Wednesday) I am ready for them to get back to school so I can resume some form of a schedule with Rosalie & I! 

Good Morning everyone. Hope all is well in the crochet kingdom. I must say I am feeling wonderful. I even got to see the sunrise this morning and wasnt upset about being up that early on my day off. I have a little heart ache but I know deep down it is time and it is for the better. The lady i have been taking care of for 3 and half years will soon be going to a nursing home. But in light of that i have decided it is time for me to move on also. She has been what was keeping me at my current job and I figured it  up with the hours I am getting now even if I went back down to minimum wage if I have 40 hours I would only be losing 6 dollars a week. Plus my hours wouldnt be work a few hours, go home a few hour go back to work for an hour go home a few hours go back to work another hour. I really feel my life is moving forward. I am enjoying it for the first time in a long time. 

Also....  Have any of you heard about the Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar? I have been drinking it for about a month now. I was mixing 2 tsp 3 times a day in water flavored with crystal light. But i now mix it in water with 2 tsp raw honey. Raw honey is good for you and the braggs apple cider vinegar is good for you and the two combined is GREAT for you. It gives you energy, helps with PMS, helps with digestion and cleans out your bodies toxins, helps with joint pain, helps to prevent UTIs and Kidney stones. and it helps with weight loss.

I went 2 days without drinking any of it and I felt awful. I didnt realize how much more energy and how much better I felt until then.  LOL Ok that is your public service anouncement for the day. Now I am gonna do the public a service and go take a shower. Have a great day guys.  :hug

• Like 3

Good Morning everyone. Hope all is well in the crochet kingdom. I must say I am feeling wonderful. I even got to see the sunrise this morning and wasnt upset about being up that early on my day off. I have a little heart ache but I know deep down it is time and it is for the better. The lady i have been taking care of for 3 and half years will soon be going to a nursing home. But in light of that i have decided it is time for me to move on also. She has been what was keeping me at my current job and I figured it  up with the hours I am getting now even if I went back down to minimum wage if I have 40 hours I would only be losing 6 dollars a week. Plus my hours wouldnt be work a few hours, go home a few hour go back to work for an hour go home a few hours go back to work another hour. I really feel my life is moving forward. I am enjoying it for the first time in a long time. 

Also....  Have any of you heard about the Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar? I have been drinking it for about a month now. I was mixing 2 tsp 3 times a day in water flavored with crystal light. But i now mix it in water with 2 tsp raw honey. Raw honey is good for you and the braggs apple cider vinegar is good for you and the two combined is GREAT for you. It gives you energy, helps with PMS, helps with digestion and cleans out your bodies toxins, helps with joint pain, helps to prevent UTIs and Kidney stones. and it helps with weight loss.

I went 2 days without drinking any of it and I felt awful. I didnt realize how much more energy and how much better I felt until then.  LOL Ok that is your public service anouncement for the day. Now I am gonna do the public a service and go take a shower. Have a great day guys.  :hug

I haven't heard of that.. How much are you supposed to drink a day?

I haven't heard of that.. How much are you supposed to drink a day?

2 teaspoons in 6-8 ounces of water with something to flavor it. (i Have also used it in Green tea) 3 times a day. first thing in the morning about noon and no later then 5 or 6 pm.

One of my ex-boyfriends swears by apple cider vinegar. He's whole family takes it daily. They say "a shot of apple cider vinegar a day, helps keep the doctor away." I'll tell you what, they are a healthy bunch!

Are you using local honey? If not, you really should. My MIL turned me on to this and it has helped my allergies immensely! Luckily, we live very close to honey (farm?) and buy their honey at the local health food store. I guess it works by getting your body used to the local pollen so your body doesn't attack it.

So, pics and count of my reign :)

Here are the squares from grannyannie:

post-54070-0-69123300-1394816554_thumb.jpg

And here are the ones from CindysSweetThings including the close ups of the little ones with no name :D :

post-54070-0-41450900-1394816681_thumb.jpg

post-54070-0-86968800-1394816641_thumb.jpgpost-54070-0-96406400-1394816663_thumb.jpg

During my reign in February I received 12 8" squares and 35 4" squares. Thank you so much to those who sent me squares. It really does mean a lot to me. :hug

• Like 1

The honey comes right from the local Amish Bees down the road

Nice!!!

So, pics and count of my reign :)

Here are the squares from grannyannie:

And here are the ones from CindysSweetThings including the close ups of the little ones with no name :D :

During my reign in February I received 12 8" squares and 35 4" squares. Thank you so much to those who sent me squares. It really does mean a lot to me. :hug

Thanks! I totally forgot I designed two little squares  :P !  And congrats on a great square count. That's one 4" square shy of a section of blanket measuring 48"x28" (or 56"x24")