katyallen8090

Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

when the rain started last evening,the temps rose so no ice here

• Like 1

We're on track to actually have 5 full days of school this week. That will be the first time since Christmas break! And we're supposed to be above freezing for part of the day. Finally!

• Like 2

Hello, All!

The internet has been spotty...that's the price I pay for living in the woods!!

Cindy: Sounds like things are lining up for you and your family!! YAY!!

Cshort: (((HUGS))) I hope you find yourself anxiety free.

VikingRunnerGirl: That is really exciting!! I love to fangirl out too!!

GrannyAnnie: Glad to hear all is going well with the insurance company. They can be such a pain!!

Pineknott: WHOOT on the doctor's report!!

To everyone else...I hope you're staying healthy and warm!! (((HUGS)))

Yesterday, we didn't have school. It was great because we got a day off and it didn't start snowing until almost 3. Went to the grocery store for the essentials. Then it came down HARD!! We've gotten between 6 and 8 inches. Next came the sleet mixed with snow. At about 11 pm, everything finally died down. Right now, it's raining (the temp is just above freezing), but it's going to turn to snow/sleet soon...we're suppose to get another 2 inches or so today.

I've got a few puffies to send out as soon as the weather breaks. My hook has been on fire!! Alrighty, friends...it's time for a cup of tea, a movie and some yarn. Stay safe and warm!!!

tis sent ann, check you pm box..

Also sandra, check email......

ANd hi everyone, quick type by to say hello, stay in and stay safe!!!!!!!!

okay since there are some teachers here

which of these two would you pick, as make-up school days

one is doing the make up days on the holidays coming up & teacher work days

the other is using Saturdays for making up these days

of course neither school system parents are happy with the choice

Big hugs for all my lovely squarey friends over the pond! :hug Hope you all get to feel better soon.

Things are good here. Started to edge some of my brown squares this week. I'm using the 4" ers to border the whole afghan with the 8" ers in the middle. Got a plan in my head, hope it comes out like I hope. Will need to run out and get some various browns and creams because its gonna need loads of 4"ers.

Thank goodness its going to be the weekend soon. Although, I have to travel for over an hour to a lecture on Saturday. Its the last lecture before the end of module assignment so its pretty important. :)

Stay safe friends :hug

OH Ann! Stay safe my friend!

kuddles

Good Morning Friends...

The snow has started and we're expecting up to 18".  Hubby has just got back from making a small errands run to get a few essentials in the house.  We'll be ok as long as we have power.  If that goes out, well, then we get mighty cold and don't have water either, lol.  If it gets too bad the police dept ususally opens up to those that need help.  

I'm not really "with it", kinda groggy, so I'll just say hi for now and will try to catch up with you all later.  Take care and be safe.  Hugs to all...

Hiddy Ho, It's still snowing like crazy.  Supposed to settle down for a bit, then the sleet/freezing rain, then another 8" on top.  Oh yea I'm staying put! lol.  When I'm awake my hooks are moving.

Thanks for the info Katie!

Stay safe and stay warm everyone!

pineknott, I can't remember where, but I heard of a place that is considering e-schooling to make up for snow days.  I sounded like a pretty good concept and most people/teachers were open to the idea.

Thanks Kuddles, we do our best.  You be safe too!  I worry about you.  You had some nasty weather this year, especially. (((hugs)))

Wow! That is some weather!

kuddles

Hello, All!
The internet has been spotty...that's the price I pay for living in the woods!!

Cindy: Sounds like things are lining up for you and your family!! YAY!!

Cshort: (((HUGS))) I hope you find yourself anxiety free.

VikingRunnerGirl: That is really exciting!! I love to fangirl out too!!

GrannyAnnie: Glad to hear all is going well with the insurance company. They can be such a pain!!

Pineknott: WHOOT on the doctor's report!!

To everyone else...I hope you're staying healthy and warm!! (((HUGS)))

Yesterday, we didn't have school. It was great because we got a day off and it didn't start snowing until almost 3. Went to the grocery store for the essentials. Then it came down HARD!! We've gotten between 6 and 8 inches. Next came the sleet mixed with snow. At about 11 pm, everything finally died down. Right now, it's raining (the temp is just above freezing), but it's going to turn to snow/sleet soon...we're suppose to get another 2 inches or so today.
I've got a few puffies to send out as soon as the weather breaks. My hook has been on fire!! Alrighty, friends...it's time for a cup of tea, a movie and some yarn. Stay safe and warm!!!

Sure did honey! Thanks for thinking of me!

kuddles

Thanks Kuddles, we do our best.  You be safe too!  I worry about you.  You had some nasty weather this year, especially. (((hugs)))

funny you ask........I asked Elana which she would rather do....do more days at the end of the year into her summer or go half days on Saturdays. She said Saturdays! That isn't how our school is doing it, they go on Casmier Pulaski day now and added 3 days at the end...

kuddles

okay since there are some teachers here

which of these two would you pick, as make-up school days

one is doing the make up days on the holidays coming up & teacher work days

the other is using Saturdays for making up these days

of course neither school system parents are happy with the choice

The kids get out of school around the 10th - 12th of June,alot of the uppergrades work at the theme parks,so adding on to the school year is not an option here,when we first got here schools started before Labor day,the places that employ for summer amusements raised a big fuss and then schools started after Labor day ever since

I'm cold just reading the posts about the snow.

We had to make up days after hurricane wilma, we gave up our half days and the teacher planning days.

I am so happy tomorrow is Friday and Monday is a day off :yay . Although I may be spending the 3 day weekend helping my daughter move, they signed a lease today but I guess they are waiting on the final word from their real estate agent. If not moving then I plan to do a lot of sewing and crocheting.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

• Like 2

Hi all!  Hope everyone is keeping warm!  I know out east it is getting a lot of snow, stay inside all!  Will be glad when the weekend hits here.  We have been getting cold temps (I know, the 30's isn't cold for some but in the South, it is cold!) but this weekend it is supposed to get back up in the 70's and stay for at least a week!  So glad about that!  Almost done with some things I have been working on so I should be getting back to making squares for all!!!  Be blessed all and take care!

• Like 2

It was snowing heavy again and I believe it has stopped now. School runs on a three hour delay and school on Saturday here. Daughter isn't to happy but such is life.

Edited by owlvamp
  • Like 1

I will check my e-mail here in a little.

Hope everyone is staying safe and warm.

We got a lot of snow with this one, easily the most at once of any snowfall this year. And we still had a lot from before! In the back yard it's drifted nearly up to the windows in some places! It's funny, all the bushes and trees look shorter because the "ground level" is higher now. :lol

Worked from home today as planned - fortunately we didn't lose power! I wasn't worried about the snow at all until my dad started asking me about what we'd do if we lost power since our heat relies on electricity.... Well great, now I'm worried, thanks dad! We'd probably be able to find a hotel or a friend to stay with where we could bring the cat, but where are we going to be allowed to bring a 65 pound neurotic german shepherd?? Just hoping we don't lose power! And I should probably get around to making her that coat I thought maybe I should make her a while ago.... I swear, this dog has the thinnest coat I've ever seen on any dog that's not a greyhound!

Hum hum hum... sounds like everybody's staying warm at least. That's good! Hope our lurkers are doing well too; hi lurkers!  :waving

Ok, I'm going to go work on my Games entry and maybe watch something.... I could probably fit a Perry Mason episode in before bedtime. Now that I have a laptop powerful enough to let me stream them off the CBS website! :D Cheers, everyone!

• Like 1

Good morning all!

Kiddles is off school today so I took the day....save money on daycare that way! Plus get to have a Friday off! woot!

No 'weather' here to report and I am very happy about that!

We'll mostly stay in. Kiddles is watching her fav cartoons this morning on Disney. Then I will torture her by making her do homework, run down to the library to pick up a book that is in for her, and make our homemade pizza tonite instead of tomorrow nite to 'celebrate' Valentine's Day! She made something for me at school that she hid in her room...

No crocheting for many days now.......been too busy with kiddles then when she is in bed, not been in the mood since I only have about 45 minutes before I go to bed! What a glamorous life I lead!

Take care all!

kuddles

Good Morning. Happy Valentines day to all of u.  :manyheart

Not much going on today. My mother wants me to go with her and Charlie to look at some of the Income based Apartments for the elderly and disabled today. I still got to go get Vday gifts for my kids. I hate waiting till last moment but considering living arrangements I didnt have anywhere to hide them untill then. Still working on the sock money rug at Work and an afghan here at home.

Hope u all have a great day today

Just checking in.

We had a nice day yesterday. It got up to 39! Today's high is only going to be 5 though. Brr.  Y and I put together Valentine's bags for her classmates for their party today. I hope the kidlets enjoy them! I had a few dollars left on my Christmas gift card so I spent $8 on Airheads (that's the candy she wanted me to get), little sticker cards, little stencils, and the little goodie bags. At home, Y helped me stuff the goodies into the bags and then I had her cut out hearts for the tags and write the names on them. Then she decorated them with glitter glue. I had the job of tying the bags shut with ribbon. The tricky part was putting the heart tags on the ribbon in such a way that they ended up on the loop of the bow. She also put together a goodie bag for her teacher. To make it special, I whipped up a coffee cozy and put it in the bag. I hope she likes it!

I'm not feeling well today though. A little GI upset. I wasn't feeling so great last night either. I didn't even eat dinner. I have a headache today and I feel really drained. Hubs is home, and we are watching a friend's daughter who is out of school for today (conference day), but he is going to do most of the "watching". I'm pooped. (oh, bad pun)

I have a bunch of squares done waiting for their new homes. I think I have just enough money left on my gift card to send out 2-3 packages. I'll need to check the balance. I won't be going out today, too icky, but I'll try to get out Sat or Mon.

Got to go, not feeling well.....

• Like 1

does that make it a 4 day weekend Kuddles?

hope you feel better soon,Cindy

the sun is shining here,that always makes me feel good

I'm not a teacher, but I would rather add the days on than do Saturdays. As a working mom, I don't get much time with the girls as it is.

We have 2 days built into the school year as either make up days or vacation. Both of them, without snow days would give the kids a 4 day weekend. They'll be using those as makeup and then adding 2 or 3 days (I've lost count!) in June. I'm pretty sure they're going until June 10th now. Today actually is one of those makeup days and then they're off Monday for President's Day.

Snow Snow Snow.  Had to go to work in the middle of this and My windshield wipes decided to go all wacky. hitting each other, getting stuck on one another and going so far over that they are going off the windsheild. GRR How come it dont tear up till bad weather.

Good afternoon ladies!

Happy Valentines!

I'm getting here late. Didn't sleep well last night and was up at 6 when hubby called to tell me the road were awesome to go get the boys this morning. Yep that's right their school was cancelled so I got this morning. It was so nice to be home in the after noon instead of so late in the evening. She didn't even tell them I was coming and the oldest still was sleeping. He jumped in my arms and wrapped his legs around me and told me how much he missed me. I started to cry but just as happy to see them. If the roads would of been good I would of went last night. But I'm a just so excited to have them right now.

Hope everyone feeling not well feels better soon and sending out lots of hugs.