katyallen8090

Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

wow, that is spectacular, I love RR, found a couple, baby sized, I think I will send off to the charity i donate to, oh, reminds me, here is my charity hats, and ghans so far!! Im adding to it all the time, for a Sept delivery!! Stop in this thread, and take a peek!! http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/147659-charity-donation-pile-to-date-for-fall-delivery/

• Like 1

Katy those are beautiful and love all the hats to. I do for the foster children might to a few just for them .yours are beautiful .

Becca I have done one of those either and your is beautiful . Love the colors too. You will finish it on time.

• Like 2

wow, that is spectacular, I love RR, found a couple, baby sized, I think I will send off to the charity i donate to, oh, reminds me, here is my charity hats, and ghans so far!! Im adding to it all the time, for a Sept delivery!! Stop in this thread, and take a peek!! http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/147659-charity-donation-pile-to-date-for-fall-delivery/

I love it all!  I don't know where you find the time to make so much.  Good luck using up all your baby yarn, lol.

Thanks Sandra, have you used the loom, they are perfect for baby hats, i used the red loom, not the smallest, which in my set, is blue, but the one up from that, Worked perfectly!! Thought if I can, I will make a few and send them your way too, for your charity!

Oh, thanks maria, lol when I got tired of looming one, I would crochet one, and vice versa, so it all worked out well!

• Like 1

Hello all.  Hope all is well. Still working on Christmas presents.  Also going to try and give it a whirl making those really nifty handles for my hooks!  I bought some clay over the weekend, but it is sooo hard!  I might go get some softer clay, or it says you can get this solution that will soften it so it is workable.  My sister crochets and with her having Parkinsons (she has had it for several years, just got diagnosed with it this year and is only 45).  I thought with making some larger handles for her, it might make it easier for her to hold the handles and do some crocheting.  I think they are so neat!

Not much else is going on here.  We have been having really bad weather lately.  thankfully no hurricanes, but thunderstorms now most of last week, every day this week, and supposed to keep on raining off and on for the next 7 days at least!  No wonder they say Louisiana is wet, it always rains! lol

Hope all that are sick get better soon.  I know about allergies, I am allergic to Tide, found out the hard way.  Bought some Tide one time because they were giving away coupons where it would be free, I walked to work so I had deep, deep red/purple colored feet.  It was like my whole foot was one hive!  I itched so bad over my body, looked like I had huge red welts all over.  Doctor gave me some allergy pills and cream, it eventually got better but took a long time for my feet to stop itching.  they actually hurt it was so bad.  I had to rewash everything in the house, sheets, towels, everything.  That was the most expensive bottle of laundry soap I have ever bought!!!

Hello all.  Hope all is well. Still working on Christmas presents.  Also going to try and give it a whirl making those really nifty handles for my hooks!  I bought some clay over the weekend, but it is sooo hard!  I might go get some softer clay, or it says you can get this solution that will soften it so it is workable.  My sister crochets and with her having Parkinsons (she has had it for several years, just got diagnosed with it this year and is only 45).  I thought with making some larger handles for her, it might make it easier for her to hold the handles and do some crocheting.  I think they are so neat!

Not much else is going on here.  We have been having really bad weather lately.  thankfully no hurricanes, but thunderstorms now most of last week, every day this week, and supposed to keep on raining off and on for the next 7 days at least!  No wonder they say Louisiana is wet, it always rains! lol

Hope all that are sick get better soon.  I know about allergies, I am allergic to Tide, found out the hard way.  Bought some Tide one time because they were giving away coupons where it would be free, I walked to work so I had deep, deep red/purple colored feet.  It was like my whole foot was one hive!  I itched so bad over my body, looked like I had huge red welts all over.  Doctor gave me some allergy pills and cream, it eventually got better but took a long time for my feet to stop itching.  they actually hurt it was so bad.  I had to rewash everything in the house, sheets, towels, everything.  That was the most expensive bottle of laundry soap I have ever bought!!!

Oh, no!  Those allergies are so bad.  I wish mine would make up their minds.  I started off with allergies to eggs and orange juice while growing up.  Then I was okay with them, but the fruits from the neighborhood trees (figs, avocados mostly) were the next ones I was allergic to.  I am allergic to so many fruits, but I can have them sometimes in a drink (the Mexican home-made drinks like "agua de melon," for example, which is roughly translated to cantaloupe water), or I can have guacamole but only if they are Haas avocados.  Watermelon I can't have in any form, unfortunately, and I loved it as a kid.  I had my own sudden reactions growing up.  A cake I made from a box got me soooo sick!  It had eggs in the frosting, but the funny thing was I wasn't supposed to be allergic to them anymore.  I'm glad I'm not allergic to bees.  That would be too scary.  

I've seen the looms and been wondering about buying one, but I never get around to it.  I think I've seen them at the thrift shop.  I'll buy one and see if I like it.  

Hey snowflake! Sorry to hear about all the wet weather- although I do love a good thunderstorm!

We seem to have our normal British summer weather back, grey, cloudy and rain showers interspersed with a little bit of sun every now and then!

Wanted to ask your opinions guys, re the baby blanket. I'll add a current photo of where its at now:

post-67796-0-82181100-1376524266_thumb.jpg

My question is on what size I should go for (bearing in mind the fact it's now nearly 1am and I was hoping to give it a quick machine wash before sending it tomorrow, last post is 5pm tomorrow). It currently measures approx 25" from point to point, and I was thinking another three rows of cream, 1 row pink, 1 row cream, then another block of 4 pink rows. Each row will add approx 1", so that would make it 34" across... Do you think that would be big enough? And would you give it a finishing row in a different stitch, maybe doubles or even sc? And if so in which colour? Or should I give it an edging stitch, although I don't know what edging as I think petals wouldn't go with the over all peaks and troughs effect... Oh the decisions! Be great to hear what you guys think! I guess if the worst comes to the worst I could post it Friday instead and it would be delivered Saturday morning...

• Like 1

Thanks Sandra, have you used the loom, they are perfect for baby hats, i used the red loom, not the smallest, which in my set, is blue, but the one up from that, Worked perfectly!! Thought if I can, I will make a few and send them your way too, for your charity!

What is the loom you speak of? I'm intrigued, all your charity gifts are beautiful x

Grannyannie - It's the rainbow ripple baby blanket, I really love the pattern! I'm doing it in pink and cream for baby :) it's really quick to work up, even for me! 

I really hope you get the whole insurance thing sorted out too Hun, the last thing you need is more stress worrying about things like that. Fingers crossed for tomorrow's appointment. 

Hugs :hug  for AngelRose xxx

Kuddles sounds like you had a good find there!! I'm working up to one day going to a charity shop near me. I'd have to drive there but it's not far, thing is its on a main high street which is really busy and I'm not quite up to lots of people yet, but it's a little goal and I know I'll achieve it soon. 

I'm thinking about walking down to the church tomorrow. I've never been to that one before, I'm not really a religious person (I hope that doesn't offend anyone) but I've been thinking about faith and God more recently, and I feel like I should go and sit in the church, I don't know why. So maybe I will just trust the feeling and go with it. 

Anyway, must get back to the blanket, it's 10:30pm here and I need to get it finished in time to post it tomorrow! 

Thrift stores are hit or miss.....this one just happened to be a hit!

Hope you feel better! And you aren't offending anyone! But if you feel you should go sit, then do honey!

kuddles

• Like 1

That does NOT sound like fun!

kuddles

Kuddles:  Video tutorial!  I second the suggestion!  lol

You say that but if I did one, you wouldn't!!!

Wootie Woot Woot!!!

Thanks!

kuddles

Hi!  Sorry that I haven't been on here is so long.  I've been exceptionally busy.  I finished school and got my AAS degree in Sign Language Interpreting.  After a relaxing summer, I'm ready to be busy again.  I picked my hooks up again a few weeks ago and made my DD1 a butterfly pillow (that she loves!) and am in the process of making a Hello Kitty pillow for DD2.  I'm also brainstorming an afghan for my MIL.  She loves my friendshipghan so I'm thinking of asking to be put back in the rotation for squares.

I'm sorry I never posted a pic of my finished ghan but here it is:

post-48303-0-14366200-1376526977_thumb.jpg

post-48303-0-65331700-1376527000_thumb.jpg

Edited by CindysSweetThings
  • Like 1

What is the loom you speak of? I'm intrigued, all your charity gifts are beautiful x

Here's an example.  I happened to find one on Deramores.  Good, huh?  lol.  Then here is a link to what you can make with it.  There are all kinds of shapes and sizes and uses.  Just Google "knitting looms" to see what is available.

You say that but if I did one, you wouldn't!!!

Thanks!

kuddles

:lol  It would be fun!  My favorite parts of film are the bloopers  :P

Hi!  Sorry that I haven't been on here is so long.  I've been exceptionally busy.  I finished school and got my AAS degree in Sign Language Interpreting.  After a relaxing summer, I'm ready to be busy again.  I picked my hooks up again a few weeks ago and made my DD1 a butterfly pillow (that she loves!) and am in the process of making a Hello Kitty pillow for DD2.  I'm also brainstorming an afghan for my MIL.  She loves my friendshipghan so I'm thinking of asking to be put back in the rotation for squares.

I love the way you put your friendshipghan together.  Welcome back :)

• Like 1

I know where you are coming from on breaking out from laundry detergent.  Tide is the one laundry detergent I can use but I can not use Tide with bleach.  That breaks me out as well as oxyclean. 

HI welcome back,congrats on your degree

I was in Michael's the other day and saw a moose ornament,thought of you and wondered how you were and wa-laa here you are.

Hi all, hi cindy! Welcome back, if you wanna join again, let me know!

As for the looms, mine are knifty knitter looms, bought them at walmart for 10 o 15 bucks, a long time ago, lol set of four in graduated sizes...... so fun to work with , I use them mostly for hats! they are on ebay, heres a pic  of the ones I have....

post-40621-0-16565200-1376530670.jpg

That would be awesome. I always need help with that. Thank you!

I have the the green loom. Got it as a gift I want the whole set but haven't been able to get it,

It will be on my list of things to get.

The clay will soften when you keep working with it. I love it and made a few sets. I made a green set for my sister for christmas. So yes they are beautiful when finished. I am doing a few more this year when I can. Just have fun with and if I can find my pictures ill try to post some. But I think they are on my daughter phone. I know you will have fun when you get into it. What clay did you get? I got the polymer clay.

Love your afghan. It really is pretty.

Hi all, hi cindy! Welcome back, if you wanna join again, let me know!

As for the looms, mine are knifty knitter looms, bought them at walmart for 10 o 15 bucks, a long time ago, lol set of four in graduated sizes...... so fun to work with , I use them mostly for hats! they are on ebay, heres a pic  of the ones I have....

attachicon.gifmylooms.jpg

Thanks Katy for showing the picture. Yep seen the set and have the green one.

Looks like I need the whole set. The yellow one looks like it would make a real big hat. Have you tried that one?

Hi sandra,

yeah, Ive used them all, the small one makes preemie hats, the next one, red in my set, makes babies and todlers size, the next, the green one, womens size hats, and the yellow I used a couple of times, for men's and it worked out well..

I like using them, goes fast, makes cute hats, with a built in roll up rim, that you do as you go..

That's awesome I'm really excited about them. Did you know they have them in the long looms for scarfs? I have the little one. But grandson broke a few pegs on it. Can you replace the pegs? I haven't ever seen just pegs for sale. My daughter goes to thrift shops so maybe I can have her look.

• Like 1

Owlvamp, I actually got Kato polyclay.  I have never bought clay before, so while I was looking at clay, I think I picked the wrong kind.  Hopefully it will loosen up some so I can work with it.  Maybe I just didn't have patience for it and need to work with it longer. lol. Did you use the "glue" I have seen some people say they use to keep the hooks inside?  I had a hook with a handle and the hook came out and want to make sure it stays inside.  Just kinda wondering how you did it.

Depending on how everything turns out, I will post pics (even though it's not squares!).  I am almost done with a scarf a lady at the church asked for, I love the colors.  It's turquoise, silver, black and white!!!

Edited by snowflake5165

No I didn't use glue I just went to you tube and looked it up and watched a few videos on it and just made them. I did get the acrylic to make them shines. After I baked them I painted it on and hung them from my chandelier to dry.