Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

You know its not going to be a good day when you get out of bed and your feet get wet.  Too much rain in too short of time.  We were going to take the old rug up but I hadn't planned on doing it today.  Its been a long hard day.  Now I hear there were more tornadoes in OK again this evening.  Makes my problems today seem small. 

Well Katie less than three hours and it will be time for the coronation.  I hope you are ready.  Oh and then there is that puffy for you to open. 

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tornadoes will just have to be one of the things I'll gladly take everyone's word for rather than seeing them up close.  Earthquakes can be scary, but the big ones are not common.  I've lived in California my whole life; so I'm used to them.  I've lived through all the big ones (and the small ones, but they don't count) since '73.  Wow, that's a long time!  I'm glad our buildings are for the most part built to withstand them.  Hurricanes and tornadoes, though -- no, thanks.

My FfA package went out today!  It went out priority.  It's supposed to take 2-3 days to arrive at its destination.  Hmm... I wonder who it's for.   ;)

I had time to ponder life's complexities whilst in line at the post office.  I was thinking about a recent transcript and the punctuation hell it put me through.  Some are difficult, but when the people testifying are scientists, I had better be on my toes!  There are so many acronyms and abbreviations, and then there is the eternal question:  Is it one word, two words, or hyphenated?  Ugh!  Is it all caps?  Why are most abbreviations and acronyms all caps but others have no caps at all?  Why cc (cubic centimeters) and not CC?  Why fl oz and not FL OZ or plain ole ounces?  Wait!  Maybe FL OZ would make everyone think Oz is there?   :shrug I've seen "state" become "st," but then what about when you're sending mail to State Street?  I know!  Send it to St St. or, better yet, send it to St. Rd.!  I almost forgot the saints!   :rant Once I think I have it figured out, here come the elements... oh, brother!  

By the time it was my turn to send my package, I was mentally done for.  Time for a vacation, maybe here:

post-44469-0-80043500-1370052888_thumb.jpg

Tornadoes will just have to be one of the things I'll gladly take everyone's word for rather than seeing them up close.  Earthquakes can be scary, but the big ones are not common.  I've lived in California my whole life; so I'm used to them.  I've lived through all the big ones (and the small ones, but they don't count) since '73.  Wow, that's a long time!  I'm glad our buildings are for the most part built to withstand them.  Hurricanes and tornadoes, though -- no, thanks.

My FfA package went out today!  It went out priority.  It's supposed to take 2-3 days to arrive at its destination.  Hmm... I wonder who it's for.   ;)

I had time to ponder life's complexities whilst in line at the post office.  I was thinking about a recent transcript and the punctuation hell it put me through.  Some are difficult, but when the people testifying are scientists, I had better be on my toes!  There are so many acronyms and abbreviations, and then there is the eternal question:  Is it one word, two words, or hyphenated?  Ugh!  Is it all caps?  Why are most abbreviations and acronyms all caps but others have no caps at all?  Why cc (cubic centimeters) and not CC?  Why fl oz and not FL OZ or plain ole ounces?  Wait!  Maybe FL OZ would make everyone think Oz is there?   :shrug I've seen "state" become "st," but then what about when you're sending mail to State Street?  I know!  Send it to St St. or, better yet, send it to St. Rd.!  I almost forgot the saints!   :rant Once I think I have it figured out, here come the elements... oh, brother!  

By the time it was my turn to send my package, I was mentally done for.  Time for a vacation, maybe here:

I have failed to succeed at the FFA. :cry I got everything done last night, and then forgot to take the package with me when I left for work this morning. So I got home, got everything packed up, went out to the post office. The post office's debit/credit card machine was down. Nowhere around I could get cash without paying an arm and a leg. Found another post office that was still open. Tried to go there. It was a Hess station. (My husband claims it was in the Redner's, but I said in that case it should SAY Redner's on the GD post office page because there sure ain't a sign outside anywhere!" At this point I have been in the car so long (thanks, rush hour traffic!) that I can't get anywhere else because all the post offices have either closed already or will be closed by the time I get there.

:cry :cry :cry

But today Mandy's bonus square arrived! It really is a beautiful square. I was showing it to the little guy and I asked him what it looked like (thinking he might come up with flower) and he said "Good." Actually, first he said, "Mommy, you made dat?" and then I explained how the square exchange works and this was an extra. Then he said it looked good. :)

Sweety I hate to tell you but Salad is one of the worst things for a gall bladder attack. any ruffage will make it worse. when Mine flaired so bad they had to do surgery I was on a salad kick. I had eaten a salad for supper every night for 4 days and finally in so much pain I had to go to ER. The gall bladder cant break down the ruffage. so salads or corn anything like that is hard on the gall bladder

I haven't had any problems with salads at all - so maybe it's not as bad as I thought and it's not my gall bladder.  Who knows!  I'd rather be safe than sorry, though.  I just know that this wasn't the first time that I've eaten fried foods and had pain afterwards.  This week's occurrence was definitely the worst, though.  Thanks for the info!

you with gall bladder probs, see a doc.....Tiff, see a doc, keep that appt. MIght be an alergic reaction, or a skin infection of some sort. you others, stay out of harms way this weekend, so much destruction..

Maria,and viking, you both you crack me up !! I love the pic too, where is it, I wanna go there too. lol

On a light side, Yes, will open the package tomorrow,it has been waiting patiently, unlike me, lol so many packages going out and coming in, we will take inventory next week sometime, to see if everyone got their FFA package!! I think it's going good, and we will be fine! We done good!

And will accept the crown for June, and I really look forward to some squares to help fill a ghan!! Can't wait, I love other's work, so much better than mine, lol

Was watching this storm coverage, gosh, I don't know what to say. it's massive destruction.

Gotta run, gonna take a while probably to get to sleep, after watching about the storms. SO Ill get an early start anyway, and back later if I can't sleep, take care all, keep safe..........

I have failed to succeed at the FFA. :cry I got everything done last night, and then forgot to take the package with me when I left for work this morning. So I got home, got everything packed up, went out to the post office. The post office's debit/credit card machine was down. Nowhere around I could get cash without paying an arm and a leg. Found another post office that was still open. Tried to go there. It was a Hess station. (My husband claims it was in the Redner's, but I said in that case it should SAY Redner's on the GD post office page because there sure ain't a sign outside anywhere!" At this point I have been in the car so long (thanks, rush hour traffic!) that I can't get anywhere else because all the post offices have either closed already or will be closed by the time I get there.

:cry :cry :cry

But today Mandy's bonus square arrived! It really is a beautiful square. I was showing it to the little guy and I asked him what it looked like (thinking he might come up with flower) and he said "Good." Actually, first he said, "Mommy, you made dat?" and then I explained how the square exchange works and this was an extra. Then he said it looked good. :)

I was so close to being in the same boat!  I was rushing a transcript and was delayed because of it.  I sent it in -- after the site I use to send them in froze first! -- and then quickly gathered my stuff and ran out.  The closest post office had just closed at 4:30.  Luckily another one about five minutes away closes an hour later.  All the self-service machines were out of order!  I had to stand in a long line  :thair  I finally managed to send it.  I'm sure you'll be fine sending it tomorrow.  I have made quite a nice pile of squares begging to be sent to their forever homes, but I was so busy this week that I kept promising them this weekend they'll get to go.  Tomorrow is their turn :)

you with gall bladder probs, see a doc.....Tiff, see a doc, keep that appt. MIght be an alergic reaction, or a skin infection of some sort. you others, stay out of harms way this weekend, so much destruction..

Maria,and viking, you both you crack me up !! I love the pic too, where is it, I wanna go there too. lol

On a light side, Yes, will open the package tomorrow,it has been waiting patiently, unlike me, lol so many packages going out and coming in, we will take inventory next week sometime, to see if everyone got their FFA package!! I think it's going good, and we will be fine! We done good!

And will accept the crown for June, and I really look forward to some squares to help fill a ghan!! Can't wait, I love other's work, so much better than mine, lol

Was watching this storm coverage, gosh, I don't know what to say. it's massive destruction.

Gotta run, gonna take a while probably to get to sleep, after watching about the storms. SO Ill get an early start anyway, and back later if I can't sleep, take care all, keep safe..........

I know it seems I'm going crazy sometimes, but SOMETIMES there's a method to my madness.  I'll let you know about the picture in a few days ;)  Congratulations!  You can open your package at midnight!  Quandary:  Is 12:00 a.m. the beginning of the day or the end of the old day?   :think Wait till 12:01 a.m. just to be on the safe side.  I'm sending your squares later in the month because I want it to be a nice little pile.

Hi everyone. My computer is refusing to let me on the ville. Grrr so havig to get on from my phone. I miss you all

:ghug Group hug for you!  It's been a while, hasn't it?  I remember you were one of the very first people I sent a square to when joining the group.  I hope you can join in regularly soon.

Skoggy, if you want to (and want to ship internationally) I would love those last two squares! No rush! :hug

Yep. Its not a problem. :) I'll get to work on them.  :hug

Whoa!!!! What a chatty little group! Love it!

and good morning! The storms stayed south so Kiddles and I are fine.....more could come through today but we'll be fine. Feel so bad for those folks in OK! Stay safe everyone!

Play date at 2 pm today! We'll go to this little girl's house, just learned her mom smokes and neither Kiddles nor I can tolerate that so I hope she only smokes outside. Otherwise we'll need to leave so I hope we don't need to! This girl lives 3 minutes from us and would be great to get together with!

Well best get going...slow going this morning but we have lots to get done!

Hugs!

kuddles

That was fast! I'm glad you liked it! Approval from a little one is always a great compliment, too! :)

Yep. Its not a problem. :) I'll get to work on them.  :hug

Thank you SO much! You may just be seeing a choco-themed square from me...I found some lovely brown and tan yarn in my stash a few days ago. :)

and good morning! The storms stayed south so Kiddles and I are fine.....more could come through today but we'll be fine. Feel so bad for those folks in OK! Stay safe everyone!

People in the St. Louis area, including some friends of mine, have some extensive damage on their homes due to the storms. My neighborhood is perfect, thank goodness, but others are definitely not as fortunate. It's still pouring rain here this morning, so that makes cleanup efforts difficult (and even more detrimental to those who lost their entire roof last night).

another storm day in the making, hope everyone makes it out ok..

It's June 1st, and my first Biggest Square of the Month puffy, has been waiting patiently since MAY 22, which a note on it NOT to open till June.....So I opened it this am....

WOW, nice squares, love the pattern you used, and the colors are perfect, oh, and your tags are darling!!! The Towel is adorable, I will get much use out of that, as I keep one hanging, so I know, that is the clean one, only use that in cases of emergencies. lol

I got a little bottle of lotion, smells delightful, and a note pad, and a pretty card from my Bgs, and love it all, if there is anything I forgot, Ill remember it later, lol have the towel up already, and the lotion in my craft room, and the notepad by the phone, and and and, the squares are mingling with some other squares at the momemt, seem they will all be fine together!!! Thank you so much Brenda, I truely love it all, and appreciate so much your time and effort!!! I am just thrilled!! Thanks you! here is the pic!

!post-40621-0-23595500-1370094921_thumb.jpg   the wait was certainly worth it, the pattern of the squares is like a star middle , so cute....and six of them, one in every rainbow color Im using!! :cheer  :c9  :manyheart  :ty

queen Katie queen Katie

may your June reign be simply marvelous just like you are

Got to see a friend that I met in Sicily 39 yrs ago,hadn't seen her in 35 yrs,it was super special

Today I finally met with success! Waited in a pretty long line at the post office with a rambunctious toddler, but at least he provided entertainment for the rest of the line! By the time we left nearly everybody in the line (which was still as long as when we got there) was laughing when he did something particularly silly. And since it took us a minute to get out since I had to go pick up the envelopes he'd thrown around, the man in line behind us finished and was headed out before us, and when he held the door for us on the way out my little guy said "Thank you!" to him without even being prompted! *proud Mommy*  :manyheart

another storm day in the making, hope everyone makes it out ok..

It's June 1st, and my first Biggest Square of the Month puffy, has been waiting patiently since MAY 22, which a note on it NOT to open till June.....So I opened it this am....

WOW, nice squares, love the pattern you used, and the colors are perfect, oh, and your tags are darling!!! The Towel is adorable, I will get much use out of that, as I keep one hanging, so I know, that is the clean one, only use that in cases of emergencies. lol

I got a little bottle of lotion, smells delightful, and a note pad, and a pretty card from my Bgs, and love it all, if there is anything I forgot, Ill remember it later, lol have the towel up already, and the lotion in my craft room, and the notepad by the phone, and and and, the squares are mingling with some other squares at the momemt, seem they will all be fine together!!! Thank you so much Brenda, I truely love it all, and appreciate so much your time and effort!!! I am just thrilled!! Thanks you! here is the pic!

!attachicon.gif100_3386.jpg   the wait was certainly worth it, the pattern of the squares is like a star middle , so cute....and six of them, one in every rainbow color Im using!! :cheer  :c9  :manyheart  :ty

Those squares are gorgeous! Looks worth the wait to me.

queen Katie queen Katie

may your June reign be simply marvelous just like you are

Got to see a friend that I met in Sicily 39 yrs ago,hadn't seen her in 35 yrs,it was super special

That is amazing; what a wonderful time you must have had.

ha ha, thanks all, they are lovely squares, I clicked on the link, but said page not found so next ill google u p heat wave square!! Thanks again Bgs!! Really thrilled with it all, she spoiled me, i think!!!

ok, found it, hers looks just like this one, she does beautiful work that brenda, ! lol     

heat wave square

OMG!! IT's like it's MY birthday!! Just checked the mail, late and low and behold, another Puffy!!!!!!! This one hails from Cshort, and contained four beautiful colorful gorgeous squares and a wonderful card!! You made my day, wow, pic to follow , but hey, this is amazing, Im gonna have squares in all beautful colors one can imagine!!!!!!!!!!! Here is the ghan, i did a couple rows, when I got some squares edged, and more now to come! here are the beautiful squares from Carol too, thank you so much Carol! They are just perfect, and such  nice work!!  so 14 so far received of I dunno how many yet, wow!

post-40621-0-13963600-1370123601_thumb.jpg

and i think it was carol too, that sent me these a while back, if not identify yourself, lol or Ill have to read back through the posts, darn it!! :ty  :ty  :ty  :c9

It's carol!! here's the first four she sent!! way back post 3644!! post-40621-0-86950500-1370123645_thumb.jpg

thank you again, wow.... you and bgs sure know the way to me heart!!! :manyheart  :heart

Here are Bgs squares again, can't stop drooling over all these lovlies!

post-40621-0-69512000-1370126304_thumb.jpg

wOw those are some very colorful squares!!! So nice and bright and happy...

Archived