Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hi gang! Popping in for a quick minute to catch up.

Kuddles, pretty squares! Love the bright colors. 

No complaints today (yes, you might want to write that down somewhere!) ... I got to visit my Mom & made a pit stop to Michaels for some beads while I was in town. I behaved, in a craft store, and only got the supplies I need for the piece I am making this weekend! :O 

Off to finish up the bumblebee outfit that just needs embellished! No homework until Saturday, weather *might* get a little rough later but I don't think we're in the line of the most severe stuff here, thankfully! I live in a mobile home and the slightest breeze usually has me freaking out. I tend to get a bit paranoid & anxious. LOL Of course we've had some 80mph wind & stuff come thru here and things were fine, but that was straight wind, not a tornado. I've seen 2 but not touched down and it is insane! But, even with my fear, they're intriguing to me. When my boys are at grandmas and it's storming, I don't worry nearly as much as they have a shelter there. I dunno, maybe that's weird that I only seem to panic when they're home but I think it's the Momma Bear in me wanting to keep my babies safe. Me & hubby are constantly watching the weather and he gets the other kind of anxious when it storms, he looks forward to it (strange, strange man!) LOL 

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well floods can be awful and ruin everything. Not mention to what it can to the foundations. I suppose live high enough and not worry about floods you got it made.

THEY ARE BACK......

the storms that is. Rumbling in the distance, severe all nite. Kiddles and I will be 'up' on the couch for sure!

Take care all!

kuddles

Same here. I'm downstate from you, near St. Louis, and we've been in a tornado watch for most of the afternoon/evening, and expecting some possible severe storms tonight. I sleep really, really heavily due to a medication I'm on, so if the tornado sirens go off, my family has been instructed to wake me up!

I'm with the husband. Storms do nothing to me. Matter of fact I taught all my children that their storms. If we're told to get out then just do it other wise go to sleep. I sleep so good through a storm it's in sane. I tell my husband I need a metal roof so I can hear the rain on it. I never watch the news ever. It all bad and honestly if I need to know something my sister or children tell me if they think its something I need to know. Other than no news or weather here.

Sorry to hear about the nasty storms...stay safe!

We haven't hit monsoon season yet, we are just starting triple digits this week! Come on AC! !  :snow

The FFA package should be to its destination on Wednesday..... 

Are we going to have a queen for next month? Did is miss that part?

thanks for the tip about the suit.  when I got the suit, it was fallish, so it wasn't as warm as it is now.  I had actually thought yesterday after my walk to stop wearing at least the shirt.  That is where I get the hottest!  I retain water, so losing the water weight isn't an "issue".  I didn't walk today as it was storming when I first woke up and I am a little sore, seems strange that my shoulders and neck hurts!  My calves hurt a little bit as well.  Guess I must be working some muscles I haven't worked in a long time!  If it isn't storming when I get off work, I might go walk for the two laps.  Once I get into better shape, I might join my pastor and the rest of them to walk.  Just right now I am not walking as fast as them or as far and I don't want to slow them down!

we had storms last night, storms this morning and now storms this afternoon!  This is the type of day I wish I was working at home, could take a nap!!! LOL.  I've been home working all week so far, so I guess I have to come in one day!!!

Hope everyone has a great day

Try some stretches after you get back home to see if that helps with the stiffness/soreness. I did my first run in over a year a few months ago and forgot to stretch right away after and I was limping down steps for three days! Now I try to make sure I at least do a simple calf stretch - hands against a wall, tree, high furniture, whatever, and move each foot behind you in turn and lean forward til you feel the stretch in your calf - as soon as I get into the house after I finish and it helps SO much. Some people say to stretch beforehand too, but I can't be having with that. Stretching really is best after you're already warmed up, and by that time I'm not about to stop the workout and stretch! I'll just save it for the end! :lol

Weather's pretty quiet here; just hot. Hot hot hot. Still got my run in though, the dog and I went out together! :D

Ok, now I'm staying OFF the computer so I can finish my FFA package! I have to finish it tonight or I won't get it done in time for the mail tomorrow!  :help

Sorry to hear about the nasty storms...stay safe!

We haven't hit monsoon season yet, we are just starting triple digits this week! Come on AC! !  :snow

The FFA package should be to its destination on Wednesday..... 

Are we going to have a queen for next month? Did is miss that part?

No, one more thing! I forgot I was going to say that Katie has been declared Queen of June, in gratitude for all she's done to keep the group running! :D

You ladies keep me entertained on long workdays like today!  Tornadoes are scary things.  I used to travel for work a few years ago. I once ended up in Oklahoma City.  It was a long day.  The deposition took place at one hotel, but I stayed at another hotel.  After we wrapped up for the day and I was finally going to relax at my hotel, well, what do you know -- we had been on tornado watch all day long.  It was until then that I looked out to get a better look at the sky and saw the scary, fast-moving, dark clouds.  A tornado did touch down that day not far from where I was.  Scary!  This L.A. gal will take our I-bet-you-didn't-feel-it earthquakes any day!

hmmm.....earthquake is one thing I don't want to go through.  I also don't want to go through a hurricane like Katrina was, but that may not be something I can avoid living here.  Only reason I got so much rain and flooding during Isaac last year is because it was stuck over the Northshore area, which is where I am.  Orleans is southshore (Lake Ponchatrain).  I guess if the dam would have busted like the thought, I would have gotten worse than Ihe  did.  Too bad there isn't a place where there is no bad weather!  Maybe I need to move England!! LOL

Praying everyone is safe that has to go through the storms!!!

Good morning ladies!

Well, nuttin', nadda, zip, zilch! Yippee! Storms stayed south so no getting up during the nite! Storms on tap for today but that's okay, it's Friday and Kiddles only has one hour of school! Woot! She had perfect attendance this year! She has come so far, with all the special helps at school, I am SO proud of her!

Stay safe and I'll check in later!

kuddles

I have felt one earthquake. it was about 4 yrs ago. Hubby had left for work and I was sleeping. it was like 6 am. all a sudden i felt the bed shaking. I yelled at and nudged the dog thinking that she was scratching and shaking the bed. but then i woke up enough to realize I could hear the handles on the dresser rattleing and I could here a rumbling outside. I looked out but couldnt see anything. I was thinking a tornado cause of the rumbling. I never even imagined it was a tornado. the rumbling quit the shaking stopped. I went back to sleep and Hubby called from work and said did you feel the earthquake. I said Thats what that was. lol

Cloudy morning. we have rain chances. Hoping it cools things off a bit.  Prayers are out to all the ppl affected by the most recent round of tornados. the Midwest had about 15 tornados in various places.

Good morning ladies! How is your day going ? Mine well lets just say I haven't slept much woke up in a panic and thought my daughter was going to be late for school. I just woke her up a whole hour earlier. She said mom my alarm didn't go off. I still didn't get the hint and said so mine didn't either you need to hurry or we will be late. She then says its 7:15 and then I realized she didn't need to leave till 8:15. Oh well we weren't late. LOL

LOL< thanks for the smile owlvamp, done that, been there!! Hope all is going well with everyone, and staying out of the Mother Nature's way for sure! She is angry this spring, at everyone it seems, so hoping when she sees my pretty flowers she will stay away from my house until this latest MOOD SWING wanes a bit! Don't mind the rain, but pass on the rest of it! 

Well, im a bit hungry, nothing much here that appeals to me, might stray out after I get things together, and find something somewhere that appeals to me in the way of eating!! Still getting over this whateveritisthing, alergies, or what have you, but have my supply of orange juice, apple juice, and vitamins, so Ill be fine, just a touch hungry, first time today the urge has struck me, oh yeah, I should eat something, lol soooo take care all, keep a thought for all those in harms way and see you in a while!

Well - I hope my FFA person agrees with the 'Better Late than Never' mentality...  I finally got her puffy in the mail today.  The good news is that it should arrive on Monday, according to the lady at the post office!!  I hope everything arrives safely and that she likes what I sent.

How's everyone doing today?  I am finally feeling like myself again after Monday morning's VERY painful alleged gall bladder attack.  My symptoms match up perfectly with what I've heard other people talk about as well as with what the internet says.  I'm just glad it has gone away. This attack may be just what I needed in order to make some wiser eating decisions.  I had french fries once since the attack and they made things worse.  Since then I've had nothing fried. (Even though I REALLY wanted some potato cakes at Arby's yesterday.  I had a side salad instead.) I haven't eaten very many greasy foods since the burger I ate on Tuesday did NOT help the way I was feeling.  Tonight's supper is baked fish, salads, and steamed broccoli, rice, and cheese.  Yummy, huh?  :)  I just hope I can keep it up.  Now if only I'd get off my rear and start exercising again, I might actually lose some weight.  Wouldn't that be wonderful?

Well - I hope my FFA person agrees with the 'Better Late than Never' mentality...  I finally got her puffy in the mail today.  The good news is that it should arrive on Monday, according to the lady at the post office!!  I hope everything arrives safely and that she likes what I sent.

How's everyone doing today?  I am finally feeling like myself again after Monday morning's VERY painful alleged gall bladder attack.  My symptoms match up perfectly with what I've heard other people talk about as well as with what the internet says.  I'm just glad it has gone away. This attack may be just what I needed in order to make some wiser eating decisions.  I had french fries once since the attack and they made things worse.  Since then I've had nothing fried. (Even though I REALLY wanted some potato cakes at Arby's yesterday.  I had a side salad instead.) I haven't eaten very many greasy foods since the burger I ate on Tuesday did NOT help the way I was feeling.  Tonight's supper is baked fish, salads, and steamed broccoli, rice, and cheese.  Yummy, huh?   :)  I just hope I can keep it up.  Now if only I'd get off my rear and start exercising again, I might actually lose some weight.  Wouldn't that be wonderful?

I know what you mean! Seems my swelling only took a small vacation instead of going away. Now it's back, the past 2 days and I haven't eaten a single thing with any type of wheat in it at all, just meat & veggies. Not even a crouton on my salads! :(:sigh I also have some weird like, chemical burn type of spot on my face. Nothing in my routine has changed at all, soaps, perfumes, detergents, nada. Although I have even tried just washing my face with water, no soap or cleanser and it is still feeling like it is on fire and even though I have an oily T-zone, the skin is like I have been burned & peeling off (sorry for anyone getting a gross visual..... ) and has fluid under it. It isn't poison ivy, as this has been going on for quite some time but has recently just gotten suddenly worse and is localized in just the area on my forehead. Really starting to freak out, so scheduled an appointment for Monday to look at that, have a steroid shot (I hope) and get some blood work done. Seems like the harder I try to do better, the harder my body fights me. I am still going to avoid the wheat products as much as possible, even if I find out there is not an allergy. I need to work out, walk or something a bit more often but that's my own fault. 

Hi all!  Just wanted to pop in quick to say hi and let you all know I'm around and thinking of you, lol.  It's been a slow easy kind of day.  Been in the 90's and humid, :whew

Stay safe from any storms that may be brewing and have a good evening everyone! :hug

I got home from work today and I could see the familiar color of a puffy perched on my mailbox!!!!! MY FFA PACKAGE ARRIVED!!! Thank you Laurie/Honex99 for your AMAZING package! Your 4 squares has put me TWO squares away from finishing my 'ghan! :hug

No idea why the photo is sideways...but you still get the idea :)

post-35506-0-54140100-1370038236_thumb.jpg

Well it just kept getting better as the day has progressed. Tank my puppy said it was time to get up and he licked my arm for 45 minutes. Dang I was so tired I ignored him until he decide to lick my face. He knows I don't like it I guess it was his way of saying get up get up I need to potty. I'm so exhausted and now need to cook supper and feed the gang. Just did a 3 hour trip to get the grandsons.

How's everyone doing today?  I am finally feeling like myself again after Monday morning's VERY painful alleged gall bladder attack.  My symptoms match up perfectly with what I've heard other people talk about as well as with what the internet says.  I'm just glad it has gone away. This attack may be just what I needed in order to make some wiser eating decisions.  I had french fries once since the attack and they made things worse.  Since then I've had nothing fried. (Even though I REALLY wanted some potato cakes at Arby's yesterday.  I had a side salad instead.) I haven't eaten very many greasy foods since the burger I ate on Tuesday did NOT help the way I was feeling.  Tonight's supper is baked fish, salads, and steamed broccoli, rice, and cheese.  Yummy, huh?   :)  I just hope I can keep it up.  Now if only I'd get off my rear and start exercising again, I might actually lose some weight.  Wouldn't that be wonderful?

Sweety I hate to tell you but Salad is one of the worst things for a gall bladder attack. any ruffage will make it worse. when Mine flaired so bad they had to do surgery I was on a salad kick. I had eaten a salad for supper every night for 4 days and finally in so much pain I had to go to ER. The gall bladder cant break down the ruffage. so salads or corn anything like that is hard on the gall bladder

That is pretty much how mine happened!  I was stressed, staying at my mom's temporarily, and eating lots of fast foods.  When I got my place, ate better (because I couldn't afford to eat out every night), the attacks stopped.  One night I got home from church, made some noodles and put butter on it and BAM!  That was it.  Pain never did stop till after they operated!  Started at like 8:30, was still up at 2:30 am and hurting!!!  So, drove myself to the hospital. They gave me pain meds, still felt a dull ache, but it was there.  Not meaning to scare anyone!!!!!  But diet and stress are two big things that can cause it!  Changing your diet will help you some!

Sweety I hate to tell you but Salad is one of the worst things for a gall bladder attack. any ruffage will make it worse. when Mine flaired so bad they had to do surgery I was on a salad kick. I had eaten a salad for supper every night for 4 days and finally in so much pain I had to go to ER. The gall bladder cant break down the ruffage. so salads or corn anything like that is hard on the gall bladder

LOL.  They never bothered mine, but then, I don't eat salads!!!!  I don't like lettuce!  Love everything else in the salad, but just not the lettuce!

Your 4 squares has put me TWO squares away from finishing my 'ghan! :hug

I could send you the last 2 if you want? :):hug

well,heck we had a mini earthquake here two yrs ago,it was felt up to New england

having been through 6.8 in Japan,this was just a blip

when we lived  on the outskirts of Memphis Tn. in '74 a tornado touched down and wiped out two trailers ,two lots down from us

Archived