Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hi all,

just popped in to see the latest! Tonya, the squares keep rollin in, give us an update when you get um all in and counted please, and thank you.

I'ts a nice day out, not too warm and not chilly, sun comes and then goes for a few minutes then comes again for a long time, lol Holes up there in the sky, leaks the clouds in now and then, but Ill take it!

Going for a meet up with a friend, but will check back in on you all later, till then, keep the hooks flying, good thoughts for all those in need, and Estee, no worries, all will go fine........

Take care now, till later.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello dear hooky friends!  Today is an overcast sky, with rain off and on, but fairly warm.  It was nice enough to sit out on the deck with DH for a few minutes around noontime.  I finished up a square for my partner last night and got some work done on my nephew's blanket.  So it was a moderately productive day.  So far today I've managed a few rows on the blanket, so it's time to move on to something else! :hook 

Estee, good thoughts and prayers going out for you still.  I'm sure all will be fine.  Do you like to read or do word search or crossword puzzles?  I always try to pack those with a couple of pencils for my hospital stays.

Prayers going up for Jessica also.

Kuddles, yes, hubby could turn into something worse, lol.  He doesn't complain about eating the same thing every night.  I'm the one that feels bad about not being able to cook for him any more.  On those rare days that I am able to, I try to make sure it isn't chicken, lol.

Have a wonderful day everyone! :hug 

I'm lurking. :)

Got back from Slimming World this evening and my total weight loss, since I started 5 weeks ago, is 12.5lbs! I am soooo close to losing my first stone. Next week it will be mine! :D:lol

Been catching up on make some squares and it feels nice. Found a lovely pattern that is probably about to get overused by myself. :lol

Got gifted a fantastic dragon pattern on this months RAOK so I'm going to make that soon too. Nice to be getting my hook working again.

Congrats on the Weight Loss!  Doesn't it feel great?  I started Weight Watchers back in February and am down 21 lbs, though right now I'm sorta stalled so I guess I've gotta up my game.  I really need to lose another 75lbs or so.  But my goal for 2013 is 50lbs, and I'm pretty happy with what I've accomplished so far.

I'm really glad I got all of my free for all squares finished last week.  I really haven't felt like crocheting the last few days.  We're trying to get preapproved for a home loan, we've been looking for a house, and with everything that's going on Cleveland, which is practically in our backyard. This week has been overwhelming.  Maybe I need to crochet to get my mind off of it all!  Does anyone else think of crochet as therapy?

But I got my Free For All squares in the mail today!!!

Congrats on the Weight Loss!  Doesn't it feel great?  I started Weight Watchers back in February and am down 21 lbs, though right now I'm sorta stalled so I guess I've gotta up my game.  I really need to lose another 75lbs or so.  But my goal for 2013 is 50lbs, and I'm pretty happy with what I've accomplished so far.

I'm really glad I got all of my free for all squares finished last week.  I really haven't felt like crocheting the last few days.  We're trying to get preapproved for a home loan, we've been looking for a house, and with everything that's going on Cleveland, which is practically in our backyard. This week has been overwhelming.  Maybe I need to crochet to get my mind off of it all!  Does anyone else think of crochet as therapy?

But I got my Free For All squares in the mail today!!!

Oooh!! I hope we get to see a picture of your squares!

Crochet is definitely therapy for me. It gives me time to quietly think about the things that are truly important - and then the small stuff doesn't seem so overwhelming.

Oh - and CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss! There are a few here on the 'Ville who are trying to lose weight. I really should follow suit. I got a little bit of a workout in today, but I'm not sure if it was really very good. I was up and down stairs all day, but not enough to keep my heart rate up. There was always a break between my trips up and down. LOL

Good morning everyone. my day off. YEAHHHHHH. Gonna try to finish my project for my secret partner. I also want to finish a CAL shawl. My son bought me a Spider plant from the FFA teacher for mothers day. Gonna repot it today plus I have some baby mother in law tongues to move.

I wanted to sleep in but apparently the construction workers didnt get the memo.

Hope all is well. everyone has been so quiet.

Good morning, everyone! It's a beautiful, sun-shiny day here in South Carolina - at least my part of it, anyway. I'm enjoying a day off today. I wasn't sure I would get it, but I am. YAY!!  Today, my main goals are to finish my niece's graduation gift (a ripple blanket).  I only have weaving in the ends and the edging on one side of the blanket some I'm hoping I can get it finished before the kids get home from school.  Other than that, I HAVE to get my room cleaned up.  DH is home today, too, and has promised to help me clean our room. Our room is where all the stuff gets put when we have company coming and we don't have time to put it where it should go. I have a very narrow path to my side of the bed and I'm tired of hitting my shins and toes on boxes and tubs!!  LOL  If I can get those two things done today, then I am going to sit down and work on some squares for my Free For All person. That will be my reward. :)

I hope everyone here has a Thankful Thursday! (Count your blessings!)

WELL THE FLOWER REPOTTED AND PLANTING IS DONE. ALSO WEEDED THE FLOWER BEDS.  and apparently I wanted to shout that out lol. My step daughters mom came by and we went to the school to look at Katies eye. she has pink eye uhg. So she is at her moms and heading to the doctor at 245.

Need to get some laundry started now  the to pick up my hook for a while

Tonya, your puffy went out this morning! I hope you meant it when you said you don't mind weaving in those pesky ends! LOL There are 10 six-inchers headed your way! :hug

Now time to get busy! My business is officially 1 year old today! I am doing a giveaway on Facebook if anyone is interested.... (I make jewelry & sew too.. not just crochet!  :wink 

Treasures & Trinkets by Tiffany 1st Birthday Celebration Giveaway

I have a BIG day today.. lots of projects to work on. Thankfully, no homework until Saturday so I hope to finish up my squares when the dust from today's events settles. 

Enjoy your day everyone! :ghug

score 2 for me

got April's queen's squares mailed yippppppeeeeeeeeeeeeee

and made the rounds to the stores that had the goodies I wanted for May's free for all

I'm all done except for 2-3 more squares

Hi Everyone! I'm just about done with my Free For All partner's package.

Tiffany, congrats on your one year anniversary!!!  I tried to enter the giveaway, but I don't think it took.  I'm so fed up with FB. I don't go on there much anymore.

Hope all my friends here are having a great day/evening! :hug

hello everyone!

everybody is so busy today, planting, and re potting, and of course crocheting and making our partners things, and mailing, kudos to all that have mailed alreadY!  i Found aother lil something today, so will probably now have to use a darn box. lol   

I had a Pre Mother's Day lunch with dd today, it was delish, couldn't eat it all, so have two sliders in the fridge for my snack, lol. She also gave me a cute card, saying something to the effect,

Mom, I remember when I was little and you told me things and gave me advice, I didn't get it then,  but  i wish you would do it again, cause I think I get it now!! too cute, and a hobby lobby gift card, does that girl know me or what!! lol Pre mother's day celebration, as she will be out of town on the real one. Whoosh, Im tired, did a lot of straightening up in my craft room, and sorting things, i have a couple really nice donations for next month, as I totally blew it off this month, and forgot all about the first Saturday of may the truck comes. duh....So June will be it, lol

I found a couple baby afs.... and a couple other litlte things they might be able to use at the shelter for women and children, so, next month is already packed up and ready to go!

Ive rattled on long enough, talk to you all later!!

oh forgot to mention...

Skoggy has updated her preferences to read,  2, 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12 inch squares in browns, creams, and tans..... there we go, I think I already changed it, on the first post, will check soon, thanks now.....

Thanks Katie!

I was thinking about trying something different with my blanket so I thought I'd welcome all sized squares (multiples of 2 though) and make my blanket like that. Same color theme though because I love the squares I have already receive and am loving my Choco-ghan idea. :D

Good morning friends! So busy yesterday at work, didn't get a lunch break! But today is only half a day, Kiddles gets off at noon so I took the afternoon off. We will go to Wendy's for lunch (she loves to go there for some reason) and then an errand and then home. I might take her back out in the afternoon to go to my work (well my former location, not the trailer) to see some of my peeps there. They love to see how much she has grown!

I admit I've slacked off this week for my May Free for All......I only have to weave in some ends and I'd be ready to send, but just didn't happen! So that is my goal, and hopefully on Monday, the package will go out!

Have a great day all! Our warm weather is over for now but that's okay!

kuddles

Good morning and Happy Friday, everyone! No big plans for me today/tomorrow, just a few errands and a baby shower!

Weather to top out at 88 today, guess I'll give in and turn on the A/C...Busy day for me today...Going with son's girlfriend to her Doctor appointment this AM, then this afternoon I'm going to the Hospital to get my blood typed...I guess they want to make sure they have enough blood on hand, just in case...I'm not anticipating any problems...After all, I know  I'm in God's and the surgeon's hands...

Happy Friday everyone!  Sounds like everyone is having a good day so far, even if not too exciting, lol.  My big plan for the day...take a shower! :lol   Yup, my aide should be here any time and today I feel strong enough for a full shower, so we'll give it a try.  It's great to have high goals! :lol After that it's back to my hooks.  Have a wonderful day/weekend all!

Weather to top out at 88 today, guess I'll give in and turn on the A/C...Busy day for me today...Going with son's girlfriend to her Doctor appointment this AM, then this afternoon I'm going to the Hospital to get my blood typed...I guess they want to make sure they have enough blood on hand, just in case...I'm not anticipating any problems...After all, I know  I'm in God's and the surgeon's hands...

You're in my prayers, Estee.  My sister's recent surgery had us nervous too, and what with her thrombocytopenia, she had to bank her own blood just in case.  Now that it's over and she's recovered and back at work, I marvel at the body's ability to rebound.  I'm glad things with your heart seem to be under control.  Doctors, in their caution, sometimes freak us out even more.  I pray that your surgery goes smoothly and that your recovery is quick. :hug

Today is Mother's Day in Mexico.  It's always a sad day because my mom passed in 2004 at the age of 50.  One of her many talents was singing, and in her honor I am going to play all her favorite music today.  It will brighten up the mood and feel as if a little piece of her is still here.  Even if you're not Mexican, from a Mexican-American (me):  Happy Mother's Day!  

hey all, good deal mandy! Everyone seems to be working along steadily, I hear the hooks squeeking now and then, lol.. Nothing much new to report, had deep cleaning day, bathrooms,and that sort of thing, sigh, now to rest a while, and do some crochet a little later on, i think, after a nice hot shower, lol

Cats are happy, doggie is doing doggie things, I have a sign that I keep in my crafting room, it shows a big dog on a couchsleeping upsdie down,  and the saying beneath says something like, How Wonderful to do nothing, .. And then rest afterwards, lol They got it made those cats and dogs don't they though!!

Oh,check that shower for a few, i forgot I have a load of laundry on my bed to fold,,,,,sigh,,check ya out a bit later, if I can get back here! Might shower, and then watch the tube, and fall asleep!!

I just finished something special for my secret friend.  :applause  I am very pleased with it. I had an idea and just kinda thought it up as I made it. Cant wait to send it now. lol. I got one more special square to make for her then it will be on its way.

I ran all my errands tonight and skipped bingo in hopes of starting a baby blanket for a friend...I really dislike the yarn I bought. I listed it in our destashing thread if anyone happens to be interested: http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/146472-for-sale-1-skein-sensations-rainbow-boucle-with-shimmer/?p=2567956

Oh my gosh, so much to catch up on! Sigh. Hurrah for everybody! There, that's the short version. :D

I think it was Abigail said they were trying to start moving? I feel your pain! We've been looking for a year and a half and may finally have found something, but I don't know. At least the pre-approval's in process, but I'm chewing my nails because our LAST pre-approval would have well covered us (even *without* selling our current place!), but that expired about a year ago and now I'm working part-time instead of full-time so our income is lower... >_< Hoping, hoping!

I had a question about shipping for May; do the packages have to arrive by the end of May, or just be sent out? I was looking at the list of participants and saw we have a few overseas-from-the-US people (Hi Skoggy and Aussie Paula and any others I don't know about!) I've seen on the board that sometimes those packages can take awhile to arrive! Even for domestic it can take a while if you're shipping across country, or heck, even close by if the PO is having a bad day! And I still haven't totally figured out what I want to put in my package yet.... :-/ I's not so good wif da being on times thing....

Tomorrow is the mother daughter banquet at church. it is going to be a soup and sandwich dinner. everyone was talking about the soup or stews they were bringing so i opted for sandwiches. I made egg salad, Ham salad and bought some ham and turkey for sandwiches. and then realized no one mentioned desert. so i bought some chocolate and strawberries and will be making chocolate covered strawberries tomorrow. this year is the first in 3 yrs we have been at this church that my Step daughter has decided she will go with me.

Archived