Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

that is super cute and so adorable,when I pulled an all nighter  one time making gifts for my daughter to give to teachers

didn't realize it till she came home and said the teacher said what a cute idea of putting two differnt color legs on the clown doll

well that was no intentional but from lack of sleep too

Hi, everyone!  I've never been drunk, but I think right now I might be as close as I'll ever be to being drunk. [Edit:  For the record, I don't mean I'm drinking.  I mean I'm very sleep-deprived :lol] Please disregard if I start to ramble on.  I pulled an all-nighter to finish a Lalaloopsy for my BFF.  She's gifting it to her friend's daughter for her birthday.  It's true what they say, that the devil is in the details.  The actual doll worked up quickly.  What was very, very time consuming were the hair, ribbons, laces, face -- lots and lots and lots more!  I think.  I can't remember the other stuff right now.  I have a date with my brother and his family to see Iron Man 3 at 10 a.m.  Scratch any sleeping anytime soon.  There is the post office run I have to make before the movie.  I'm just wondering how I'm going to get anywhere.  That's what I get for not making a simple blanket or clothing for the little girl.  In my mind, a toy would be much faster and cuter.  Oops!  There was only one pattern I found that resembled the doll, but I wanted it to look like the dolls I saw on TV.  It's all my own fault.  But I love it!  I just wish I knew how to keep the head from rolling around.  It's heavy.  The curly hair makes it more so.  I think I have officially rambled on now.  I'll end here and just post pictures.  Happy Weekend!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that is super cute and so adorable,when I pulled an all nighter  one time making gifts for my daughter to give to teachers

didn't realize it till she came home and said the teacher said what a cute idea of putting two differnt color legs on the clown doll

Thanks, everyone!  I know moms will understand when I say that I have to be careful what I let my niece see me doing or else I end up having to make two of everything :lol  She was up last night to see me finish it, but of course then she had to go to bed.  My BFF picked up the doll before my niece woke up. She had to make do with a picture.  She expected HER doll to be finished too!  I have lots of ideas for the next one.  The doll will look the same, but I need to tweak the pattern, most notably the head.  I slept during the whole day.  I can't believe it!  I hope I can sleep some tonight or I'll be asleep all tomorrow too.  Pineknott, that is so funny!  It was an unintended genius move on your part ;)  Your subconscious took over and improved the doll :)

It's square time!

Morning all!

Going to be 70 and sunny today! I'm planning on 2 walks! Kiddles won't be happy but I'll be in heaven!

Almost finished up the ***** item  for my May Free for All........and have others ready to go! Woot!

Well I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday! Share your smile today with someone who looks like they need one!

kuddles

Just finished my 3rd square for my free for all partner. now I am off to bed. good night all

I finished my 3rd last night, as well. #4 should be completed today! :)

One walk done, one more after lunch! Got some errands run, all windows are open and now if I could just get Kiddles to stop having bloody noses and get over this dang cold, all would be super!

Take care all!

kuddles

Pineknott that is a happy accident!! they are rare and far between, but sooo worth waiting for!!

Just finished my 3rd square for my free for all partner. now I am off to bed. good night all

Burning the midnight oil on squares, just what  I LOVE to hear, lol.

Thanks, everyone!  I know moms will understand when I say that I have to be careful what I let my niece see me doing or else I end up having to make two of everything :lol  She was up last night to see me finish it, but of course then she had to go to bed.  My BFF picked up the doll before my niece woke up. She had to make do with a picture.  She expected HER doll to be finished too!  I have lots of ideas for the next one.  The doll will look the same, but I need to tweak the pattern, most notably the head.  I slept during the whole day.  I can't believe it!  I hope I can sleep some tonight or I'll be asleep all tomorrow too.  Pineknott, that is so funny!  It was an unintended genius move on your part ;)  Your subconscious took over and improved the doll :)

It's square time!

You are making her one, right??

Morning all!

Going to be 70 and sunny today! I'm planning on 2 walks! Kiddles won't be happy but I'll be in heaven!

Almost finished up the ***** item  for my May Free for All........and have others ready to go! Woot!

Well I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday! Share your smile today with someone who looks like they need one!

kuddles

I want your weather today, overcast, chilly, but do able I guess for me!!

Hi, everyone!  I've never been drunk, but I think right now I might be as close as I'll ever be to being drunk. [Edit:  For the record, I don't mean I'm drinking.  I mean I'm very sleep-deprived :lol] Please disregard if I start to ramble on.  I pulled an all-nighter to finish a Lalaloopsy for my BFF.  She's gifting it to her friend's daughter for her birthday.  It's true what they say, that the devil is in the details.  The actual doll worked up quickly.  What was very, very time consuming were the hair, ribbons, laces, face -- lots and lots and lots more!  I think.  I can't remember the other stuff right now.  I have a date with my brother and his family to see Iron Man 3 at 10 a.m.  Scratch any sleeping anytime soon.  There is the post office run I have to make before the movie.  I'm just wondering how I'm going to get anywhere.  That's what I get for not making a simple blanket or clothing for the little girl.  In my mind, a toy would be much faster and cuter.  Oops!  There was only one pattern I found that resembled the doll, but I wanted it to look like the dolls I saw on TV.  It's all my own fault.  But I love it!  I just wish I knew how to keep the head from rolling around.  It's heavy.  The curly hair makes it more so.  I think I have officially rambled on now.  I'll end here and just post pictures.  Happy Weekend!

It's adorable!!! 

HAHA Thanks.

The weather turned chilly and rainy on us but like true Orleanians we marched on Pictures are on my facebook if you wanna see

https://www.facebook.com/dragnlady5

The doll is super cute

Looks like a nice parade even if the weather didn't cooperate.  The dog in costume is adorable!  Is he/she yours?

Morning all!

kuddles

Ahhh, sounds like a wonderful plan. I hope little K is feeling well enough to go along.

One walk done, one more after lunch! Got some errands run, all windows are open and now if I could just get Kiddles to stop having bloody noses and get over this dang cold, all would be super!

Take care all!

kuddles

Poor Kiddles (poor Kuddles! lol!), I sure hope she feels better soon.  Has a dr looked at her nose?  I used to get a lot of bloody noses and my dr cauterized my nosed (in his office) and they stopped/slowed down for a long time.  It hurts like heck though!

Well, I frogged my square again and yet another time.  I am beginning to think it isn't me, but the pattern.  I am probably going to wait toward the end of the month to send.  I want to create that "anticipation" feeling for my partner.  Maybe she think I forgot or maybe she will be disappointed in the whole puffy I send.  Back to my squares........

ha, sometimes tht happens, put it aside for a day, then go back to it, probably will all fall in place honex! And NO one would be disapointed in receiving squares, lol        now, to the hooks!

Looks like a nice parade even if the weather didn't cooperate.  The dog in costume is adorable!  Is he/she yours?

Yep that was our Jackie. I crocheted  her poncho. there was a hat that went with it but she wouldnt leave it on

Poor Kiddles (poor Kuddles! lol!), I sure hope she feels better soon.  Has a dr looked at her nose?  I used to get a lot of bloody noses and my dr cauterized my nosed (in his office) and they stopped/slowed down for a long time.  It hurts like heck though!

My daughter got a lot of bloody noses and come to think of it, so did my son.  The doctor recommended AFRIN nose spray.  Spray on gauze enough to get it a little wet and then shove it up the nose.  I think it shrinks the cappillaies or something.

ha, sometimes tht happens, put it aside for a day, then go back to it, probably will all fall in place honex! And NO one would be disapointed in receiving squares, lol        now, to the hooks!

I think i got it to work out.  However, I have another question.  It looks like y'all are making tons of squares for your partners.  What if my partner gets only one or two squares.  Compared to you others, she is going to wish she had a different partner.  Is there some guidelines as to what gets sent?

ITS A GO!!

Hey Ho, Square-lings......The squaring-pairing is complete, We have come full circle, start to finish!!! :ghug

A couple of you picked each other, without knowing you did, lol, that is too neato!  I have gone over the list umpteen thousands of times, Im pretty sure, we are all ready to go on Wednesday, with making and mailing. I will ask if you are playing, and did not get your partner yet, lemme know, but the looks of it, everyone is partnered!! No strays, no duplicates, no hassles!!! :cheer

So,  I have been asked a few questions concerning Free For All...One thing, if you are playing in Free For All, that will not  limit your sending out squares as normal, if you so desire. That choice is entirely up to you.

1. No one will know who chose whom, until they receive said Puffy from secret parnter, and posts on the thread her goodies, and whom it was from!! Not to mention her heartfelt :heart thank you :heart to said sender.

2. Some have asked about putting other things in the puffys, besides squares, which by the way, there is no limit on squares you send, like I could actually stop you, lol    But in regards to the RAOK question, you can put in whatever you can get to fit, if you like, I have no control over that either!! I plan on putting a lil sumthin for my partner in  besides squares , but that is totally optional and certainly not a requirement. I know we would all be equally happy with squares alone! This just seems  a bit more RAOK-y to me. he he. :clap

3. We can mail anytime in May you like, make sure those of you having an overseas member allows enough time for it to travel over that pond or ocean,lol. Also, may I take this opportunity to thank those of you that didn't let a little bit more of postage get in the way of your secret choce, thanks... :ghug

4. If you have any questions about your partners preferences,,,,PM me, not them,lol remember the secret thing,hehe he... I will act as the what do you call it, "Liaison" ( you didn't know i knew French, did ya! ha ha) or "go between," i guess, ok.and try to get your questions answered asap.. :yes 

5.If you get a pm from me regarding your preferences, or size, please try to answer asap as well, as someone else is waiting on that answer.. :ty 

6. It's not too late yet, to check you preferences, and lets get um straight, Before wednesday's start.....There is no time limit,other than received within the month of may, and as previously  stated, there is no limit as to how many squares you send, or if you are putting a little giftee in for your partner.  

I wish everyone goodluck, The pairing is done, game will start May 1, ( i know you all have already started squaring, and that's OK lol) when you get your puffy, or package, please jump on the thread, as soon as you can, and announce you received, how much you love it, and whom it was from!!!!!! Pics are coveted here, so if you can, do so! I plan on announcing when I am sending it, and give a hint or something, as to where it is going, without giving it away,he he he,I can be tricky sometimes!

If there are no responses to someone not having a partner by TOMORROW , boy talk about taking it down to the wire, but WE made it squares!!!!! then i will assume all is well, and we will start Wednesday,,,,,,,,,ok, that's it, pm me if you need too, this should be a little exciting, it makes us all a giver, and a receiver as well!! I love it when that happens! :manyheart

For your ease, this post will be clickable in my signature, as will page one of the thread, where everyone's preferences should be current. Thanks. :yay 

Here is the rules honex. No limit or minimum to the amount you send. one is fine and I would be thrilled to get one or two. this isnt about the amount you recieve it is the fun and excitment in not knowing.  you can also stick other things in there too. 

My daughter got a lot of bloody noses and come to think of it, so did my son.  The doctor recommended AFRIN nose spray.  Spray on gauze enough to get it a little wet and then shove it up the nose.  I think it shrinks the cappillaies or something.

Thanks! Yup had her nose done twice since she was little! Helps for a while but now she is back to it. My doc told me to do the Afrin but Kiddles will NOT let me put that in her nose, no way.

Sigh...

Oh well,

kuddles

Good morning all!

Will be a lovely 68 in Chi town today, sunny......good day to be off! But I won't be...my boss is at a conference so will be quiet so I'll take it! Might take a walk on lunch!

Hope you all have a great day!

kuddles

in my little corner of Va. its 60 ish cloudy and misty,we can expect more of the same all week

my knees are acting up from all this damp weather

hope to make a mall run later on today to maybe Bath& Bodyworks,too bad there is no longer a bookstore in the mall,sure do miss that.

Beautiful morning here in St Pete...I turned off the fans yesterday as it was quite pleasant and don't know if I will have to turn them on today...Later on I'll be going to the cardiologist...To say that this has made me a bit anxious would be an understatement...I sure hope and pray that I get the "go ahead" for my anticipated spine surgery...A few prayers from you all are greatly appreciated...

Yep that was our Jackie. I crocheted  her poncho. there was a hat that went with it but she wouldnt leave it on

Ohhh, she is so cute!  The poncho is wonderful!  I made a sweater and a little hat for our Juno.  She'll wear the sweater, but no way is she wearing the hat! LOL!

That sounds a lot better than what I went thru!

I think i got it to work out.  However, I have another question.  It looks like y'all are making tons of squares for your partners.  What if my partner gets only one or two squares.  Compared to you others, she is going to wish she had a different partner.  Is there some guidelines as to what gets sent?

I think everyone is going to be thrilled with whatever we get.  It's the thought of someone else making it for us and the fun of exchanging.  Not to worry about the #'s. :hug

Thanks! Yup had her nose done twice since she was little! Helps for a while but now she is back to it. My doc told me to do the Afrin but Kiddles will NOT let me put that in her nose, no way.

Sigh...

Oh well,

kuddles

Awww, poor kid...

Good morning all!

Will be a lovely 68 in Chi town today, sunny......good day to be off! But I won't be...my boss is at a conference so will be quiet so I'll take it! Might take a walk on lunch!

Hope you all have a great day!

kuddles

Enjoy your boss free day!  We're having a wonderful sunny day today too!

Beautiful morning here in St Pete...I turned off the fans yesterday as it was quite pleasant and don't know if I will have to turn them on today...Later on I'll be going to the cardiologist...To say that this has made me a bit anxious would be an understatement...I sure hope and pray that I get the "go ahead" for my anticipated spine surgery...A few prayers from you all are greatly appreciated...

You got 'em!  Prayers heading your way...

Hi to all, and a nice afternoon it is turning out to be!

Sun is out, window is open for the pets to sun in this afternoon, and get some fresh air in their little lungs, lol and Im enjoying the day here sipping my diet coke, and watching the birds in the yard peck up all the grass seed that is still trying to find it's way into the ground,,,,,acck, oh well, huh...All chores for the time being are done, and I think now, is crochet time, least for a little while.........

Nothing new to report, and all is well with the world, least here in my tiny corner of it....Did you ever stop to think HOW BIG the world must seem to ants, i mean if of course they had a human brain lol, and knew about time, and space, and distance, right! lol

You got 'em!

Hello!

Nothing new here either.

I stopped at Joanns today to get supplies for my students to make mother's day gifts and bought some really pretty Simply Soft to use for a shawl CAL. And I got my mother's day shopping done for family members. Ok so maybe there were a couple of new things today.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Archived