Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

OMGosh!! MANDYMAE posted the 4000th post!!!!!!!!!!! I read it but didn't notice it till now, going back through some of the posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That went fast, lol   Congratz to all of us!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We usually put on different ones and don't wait for the dryer, but sometimes we do!

I hate when stores don't mark prices on things. :P I returned something to Joann's the other day because it hadn't had a price marked on it and after I purchased, I realised I could have gotten the same thing plus a lot more in a set for a lot less!

ot my bedding in the wash, don't know if Ill put on another set, or the one in the dryer, to forego the folding......What do you guys do, different ones each time, or do you wait for the wash, and put the same ones on now and then, like I do, he he he..

I did manage today to get those couple of things done, even though not feeling up to par, sinus maybe, or a cold coming on...and I did get to Michaels to browse, and just got irritated, as everything I would have bought, didn't seem to be marked with a price tag, nor a sign by it, nothing, so I walked out without buying much at all.....Trip for nothing, and wasn't in the mood to inquire nicely, lol

FINALLY got my two squares out to Tonya today. This week just did not go well for me and getting to the post office! They got packed up though, so they're on their way at last!

Well, started my square for the Free For All and had to frog it.  Not sure what happened, but it wasn't turning out right.  Will try again.

I have a question about the exchange.  If we are not supposed to let our partner know, won't they know when they get their puffy or puffies?

Honex the idea is for it to be a surprise santa type of thing where u spend all this time wondering who it is until the day you get it. Then part of the surprise is the gift and part is who it is from. 

OMGosh!! MANDYMAE posted the 4000th post!!!!!!!!!!! I read it but didn't notice it till now, going back through some of the posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoo hoo! I guess this set off my string of good luck for the day--won twice at bingo tonight for a total of $134!  :dance 

I have a jam-packed morning and afternoon tomorrow, so I'm hoping I can wrap up my Free For All squares tomorrow evening!

Good Morning!

It's Saturday and I slept in a whole extra 45 minutes wooohooo. So now I'm in my sewing room :sew finishing a dress for DGD and then hope to start a shirt and pants for DGS, can do for one and not the other.

Brenda, I forgot in my post yesterday to tell you that I mailed a puffy to you yesterday.

:sun I think the heavy rains here have stopped but our usual weather at this time of year is dry mornings with "pop up" showers in the afternoons so we'll see what today brings.

Have a great day and weekend everyone!

Whoo hoo! I guess this set off my string of good luck for the day--won twice at bingo tonight for a total of $134!  :dance 

I have a jam-packed morning and afternoon tomorrow, so I'm hoping I can wrap up my Free For All squares tomorrow evening!

WOOT!!!

Morning my friends!

Well this being 56 and a mom to an 8 yr old is tiring! She gets bloody noses a lot and she's had a bad cold, lots of blowing, so of course, bloody noses! She got me up at 1:30 with one, got it under control but do you think I could go back to sleep? Uh well maybe I finally did.....right before she got me up again at 5. I gave up!

Enough complaining!

I did start my Free for All's first item last nite, super excited about it. My person won't get her package till late in the month so I have time for lots of 'fun' to be thrown in the box! Yes box! I'm gonna enjoy myself!

Well gotta get moving, have my yearly mammo this morning. Fun! And a dexascan thrown in! Funner! See what you young ens have to look forward to! LOL

Later!

kuddles

I plan to wait till later in the month to send mine. Make the anticipation last a bit lol.  Working in the bads weinie wagon 10-2 today. with a short break to watch the dogwood Parade. the kids will be marching with Band and my daughter and her friend will have one of our dogs walking with the Vets office. 

good morning all

I have three squares done for my partner,so far

its cloudy here,50 degrees and breezy,not like yesterday where the winds blew you sideways

Well, started my square for the Free For All and had to frog it.  Not sure what happened, but it wasn't turning out right.  Will try again.

I have a question about the exchange.  If we are not supposed to let our partner know, won't they know when they get their puffy or puffies?

Dragnlady5 told you right, that is the way it idealy is supposed to work, lol won't know till the end, when you recieve your puffy package !!!

Honex the idea is for it to be a surprise santa type of thing where u spend all this time wondering who it is until the day you get it. Then part of the surprise is the gift and part is who it is from. 

smart cookie, thanks for fielding that one!!

wow, what a landfall!!!!

Good Morning!

It's Saturday and I slept in a whole extra 45 minutes wooohooo. So now I'm in my sewing room :sew finishing a dress for DGD and then hope to start a shirt and pants for DGS, can do for one and not the other.

Brenda, I forgot in my post yesterday to tell you that I mailed a puffy to you yesterday.

:sun I think the heavy rains here have stopped but our usual weather at this time of year is dry mornings with "pop up" showers in the afternoons so we'll see what today brings.

Have a great day and weekend everyone!

oooh, more for Brenda, yay, mine went out yesterday to her!!

Morning my friends!

Well this being 56 and a mom to an 8 yr old is tiring! She gets bloody noses a lot and she's had a bad cold, lots of blowing, so of course, bloody noses! She got me up at 1:30 with one, got it under control but do you think I could go back to sleep? Uh well maybe I finally did.....right before she got me up again at 5. I gave up!

Enough complaining!

I did start my Free for All's first item last nite, super excited about it. My person won't get her package till late in the month so I have time for lots of 'fun' to be thrown in the box! Yes box! I'm gonna enjoy myself!

Well gotta get moving, have my yearly mammo this morning. Fun! And a dexascan thrown in! Funner! See what you young ens have to look forward to! LOL

Later!

kuddles

Oh poor baby kiddles, kids get so many things just from going to school, you know, I remember the day, seemed like my dd was sick every week with something. And poor you, no sleep, get time in your day for a nap???

I plan to wait till later in the month to send mine. Make the anticipation last a bit lol.  Working in the bads weinie wagon 10-2 today. with a short break to watch the dogwood Parade. the kids will be marching with Band and my daughter and her friend will have one of our dogs walking with the Vets office. 

This is quite a celebration huh, wow, hope you have good weather for it today, raining here...

good morning all

I have three squares done for my partner,so far

its cloudy here,50 degrees and breezy,not like yesterday where the winds blew you sideways

I can take 50, lol I have like 38 now, but supposed to warm up a bit!! Keep on hooking away for your secret partner, lol!! I have a  few set aside in her bag, with a few other things now, but will probably keep on adding, till i need a BOX, like Kuddles does, ha ha ha..

Everyone have a grand day, no matter what the weather, or the plan, or lack on one even, lol I am a big fan of spontaneity I know that isn't spelled right, is it, humm, anyway, what happened to our spell check thingie, lol      Have a great Satruday, talk to you later!!!

Thanks Katie! I can't nap, makes me sick to my stomach. Just gotta ride it out! My labs are done so now Kiddles and I are off to Target, etc for our usual Saturday rounds! Hope she feels better, she is crabby!

kuddles

I hear ya, i don't nap much either, not because i don't want to though, course unless Im sick or soemthing, but just hate wasting part of my day you know, and also, screws up then my night time sleep, grrrrrr!!      so I understand, least it's a weekend,,,,that was a futile attempt at optimism, lol      

oh hey, what say we set up sometime to live chat on the forum here, in this thread to answer any questions you may have about well, the Free For All, or something... We can chose a time, and I will commit to being on for a specified amount of time, and if you come in, and ask a question, Im gonna get you back an immediate response for the time Im on, unless it's something like asking your secret partner what her fav color is or something that requires me contacting someone else.....What say you, are we up for this, lemme me know, it can be next week, sometime, anytime we get the most people that will come on and ask, or do you think it is unneeded and everyone pretty much has the gist of this free for all, lol  Ok, just asking, trying to make it easier for us, lol   Lemme know,either pm,or here. Ill keep a watch on the thread over the weekend!! thanks square-lings!!!!!!!! Now, back to the hook!!

Hi everyone!  It's a glorious Saturday here!  The sun is shining, it's warm out, flowers/shrubs are in bloom.  Ahhh time to fire up the old crochet hooks and get to work on a square for my partner.  Have a wonderful day everyone!

Woot!!!

Honex99, ummm, enough with the snow already! :lol

Trying......it's melted, if that helps.  

Lol, yes the melting helps a little. It helps a lot that the sun is shining here and, fingers crossed, we won't see any more snow until late fall!

WooHoo, that's fantastic!

Morning my friends!

Enough complaining!

Later!

kuddles

Aww Kuddles, hope you get some sleep tonight and little K feels better.  Good luck on your tests, aren't they fun :reyes

Have fun at the parade!

This is quite a celebration huh, wow, hope you have good weather for it today, raining here...

I can take 50, lol I have like 38 now, but supposed to warm up a bit!! Keep on hooking away for your secret partner, lol!! I have a  few set aside in her bag, with a few other things now, but will probably keep on adding, till i need a BOX, like Kuddles does, ha ha ha..

Everyone have a grand day, no matter what the weather, or the plan, or lack on one even, lol I am a big fan of spontaneity I know that isn't spelled right, is it, humm, anyway, what happened to our spell check thingie, lol      Have a great Satruday, talk to you later!!!

I hope it warms up for you and you have a great day too!

Hi, everyone!  I've never been drunk, but I think right now I might be as close as I'll ever be to being drunk. [Edit:  For the record, I don't mean I'm drinking.  I mean I'm very sleep-deprived :lol] Please disregard if I start to ramble on.  I pulled an all-nighter to finish a Lalaloopsy for my BFF.  She's gifting it to her friend's daughter for her birthday.  It's true what they say, that the devil is in the details.  The actual doll worked up quickly.  What was very, very time consuming were the hair, ribbons, laces, face -- lots and lots and lots more!  I think.  I can't remember the other stuff right now.  I have a date with my brother and his family to see Iron Man 3 at 10 a.m.  Scratch any sleeping anytime soon.  There is the post office run I have to make before the movie.  I'm just wondering how I'm going to get anywhere.  That's what I get for not making a simple blanket or clothing for the little girl.  In my mind, a toy would be much faster and cuter.  Oops!  There was only one pattern I found that resembled the doll, but I wanted it to look like the dolls I saw on TV.  It's all my own fault.  But I love it!  I just wish I knew how to keep the head from rolling around.  It's heavy.  The curly hair makes it more so.  I think I have officially rambled on now.  I'll end here and just post pictures.  Happy Weekend!

post-44469-0-13188700-1367681600_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-89976400-1367681606_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-03596800-1367681611_thumb.jpg

wow maria!! super cute!    you gotta get some rest soon girl, or your head is gonna be rolling around too heavy too!! LOL,

Mandy mae, I was going to volunteer to make the remaining squares you need to finsih that ghan, but you know, I forgot about your May Free For All partner!! Then what pray tell would she send you!!! So, Ill abstain for now, hope you get enough to finish after this month, if not, do let us know, lol we aim to please...

I think I myself, will not send out any to anyone playing free for all, lest i step on someones toes, except for estee, she was not my partner,and i made those way before her first surgery, and of course Brenda, who isn't playing got some this past week too, or will.

But just to play it safe, only going to send out if I send out, to those not playing, and my partner this month......Probably be towards the second half of the month, I wanna add to it a bit!!!! 

ok, just popped in to check on you all, and hope your days are going well...COld, chilly, don't wanna go out, gonna keep in, crochet a bit, or clean something.......lol         

Hi, everyone!  I've never been drunk, but I think right now I might be as close as I'll ever be to being drunk. [Edit:  For the record, I don't mean I'm drinking.  I mean I'm very sleep-deprived :lol] Please disregard if I start to ramble on.  I pulled an all-nighter to finish a Lalaloopsy for my BFF.  She's gifting it to her friend's daughter for her birthday.  It's true what they say, that the devil is in the details.  The actual doll worked up quickly.  What was very, very time consuming were the hair, ribbons, laces, face -- lots and lots and lots more!  I think.  I can't remember the other stuff right now.  I have a date with my brother and his family to see Iron Man 3 at 10 a.m.  Scratch any sleeping anytime soon.  There is the post office run I have to make before the movie.  I'm just wondering how I'm going to get anywhere.  That's what I get for not making a simple blanket or clothing for the little girl.  In my mind, a toy would be much faster and cuter.  Oops!  There was only one pattern I found that resembled the doll, but I wanted it to look like the dolls I saw on TV.  It's all my own fault.  But I love it!  I just wish I knew how to keep the head from rolling around.  It's heavy.  The curly hair makes it more so.  I think I have officially rambled on now.  I'll end here and just post pictures.  Happy Weekend!

This doll is outstanding! Now go take a nap!

kuddles

Dragnlady5 told you right, that is the way it idealy is supposed to work, lol won't know till the end, when you recieve your puffy package !!!

smart cookie, thanks for fielding that one!!

HAHA Thanks.

The weather turned chilly and rainy on us but like true Orleanians we marched on Pictures are on my facebook if you wanna see

https://www.facebook.com/dragnlady5

The doll is super cute

She is adorable!

Ok, I get it

Mandy mae, I was going to volunteer to make the remaining squares you need to finsih that ghan, but you know, I forgot about your May Free For All partner!! Then what pray tell would she send you!!! So, Ill abstain for now, hope you get enough to finish after this month, if not, do let us know, lol we aim to please...

You're too sweet! I appreciate you thinking of me and wanting to help me get my ghan done! I also am doing the May Square Swap, so that's one more square to add to the list! I keep an updated total of my square in my signature, and of course, I'll be certain to post here when I get anything!

Well, I frogged my square again and yet another time.  I am beginning to think it isn't me, but the pattern.  I am probably going to wait toward the end of the month to send.  I want to create that "anticipation" feeling for my partner.  Maybe she think I forgot or maybe she will be disappointed in the whole puffy I send.  Back to my squares........

maria, get some rest,

thanks honex,

and Mandy, your welcome...

Time to head off to the shower, little tired tonight, and alergies, yep, probably that is acting up a bit, but I chanaged filters today on the furnace/air conditioning, so that might help a bit, and al windows were closed today, too chilly, so feeling a bit better.... Y ou all have a good evening!

Archived