katyallen8090

Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Shout Out to Tonyal!! .......

Hey Tonyal  you there!!!! We have not forgotten you, You're reign is up in two days!!!!!!!!!! I am hoping you will check in with us soon, and let us know how  you did in the Biggest Square category, lol !!        

Hi everyone!

I did a couple of drive-by readings over the weekend but didn't have time to stop. 

Skoggy, I'll say a prayer that the job interview goes well.

Kuddles, I hope little K is feeling better.

Hope everyone is doing well.

It's sounds like everyone is ready for the free for all, I can't wait to see all the beautiful squares that will be traveling around the world next month.

Have a great week everyone!

• Like 1

Whoo-hoo!   :yay   It's going to be fun in May!  I hope I find all kinds of goodies for my secret partner.  I can't possibly make them fit in an envelope :lol  Skoggy, I'm praying that your husband gets that job.  What a blessing it would be to have a new home AND a new, better-paying job in one year!  Kuddles, may Little K be better very soon.  These colds this year have been mean, mean, mean.  Everyone else, have a lovely day.  May it be sunny everywhere and may there be lots of hooking ;)

• Like 1

well, don't recall limiting a certain size of said puffy,,,,,,,,,,chuckle chuckle, yes it will be fun!! When we get all through with it, we will all vote on if we want to do it again sometime in the future!!!!! Cause we all know, JUNE , Im the BIggest Square, he he he!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoo-hoo!   :yay   It's going to be fun in May!  I hope I find all kinds of goodies for my secret partner.  I can't possibly make them fit in an envelope :lol  Skoggy, I'm praying that your husband gets that job.  What a blessing it would be to have a new home AND a new, better-paying job in one year!  Kuddles, may Little K be better very soon.  These colds this year have been mean, mean, mean.  Everyone else, have a lovely day.  May it be sunny everywhere and may there be lots of hooking ;)

Got a bit of good news recently. Mr Skoggy has been getting a bit tired of his work and, with a change in management, he decided to look around for another job. Last night he found one and filled in the application form and today he has heard from them with an interview on Wednesday!!!!!!  They have said they are really interested in him. Being that he has a skill that not many people in the UK have, his native language is Swedish, he seems to have luck with interviews (and jobs). So, fingers crossed for him on Wednesday. This new job is also £3000 more a year than the customer service job he is currently doing, and we need that wage boost. :)

Fingers crossed for Mr. Skoggy! I've been in customer service for 2 years now, and I definitely know that it can take its toll on you mentally!

Ran across this on another thread, she needs squares, hope she joins us, but if not, here is the link to her post.....thanks.

Here

Sorry about the weather.....it's officially over 100 for the second day!  :sun  even had to kick the AC on last night for a few....OMG I was exploring the area and I ran across, yep just happened to stumble upon, the biggest Joann's I've ever seen!! I seriously couldn't believe it! The aisle were wide and clean and seem to go on forever! It was amazing, totally amazing! It's bigger than the grocery store.....WOW

Emma....good luck to the mister!! Always got to love the cash flow bonus. 

Gotta go get this baby blanket finished so I can get to working on the May project!! I just may have to go back up to the new Joanns!

• Like 1

Thanks kateyallen8090 to redirecting me to the right place! THis has changed so much over the last couple of years as where to find things! Any way I am asking for  some help for my 34 yea old daughter  She was just diagnosed with lung,liver and kidney cancer! She is loosing all her hair I have made her several beanies already. Her favorite colors are purple and light blue and loves butterflies. She is a single mom to a 14 year old son. I would like the squares be about 8 inches any help would greatly be a blessing.  :manyheart  pm me if you could help out. You lovely people helped out so much with my mom's that it was heart breaking to see her cry over it knowing that there are so many caring people around the world that helped me with that afghan Alaska east coast west coast and north and south the response was so over whelming and I had formed a special bond with my mailman.If you can help pm me for my address. Thank you!   :ty

Thanks kateyallen8090 to redirecting me to the right place! THis has changed so much over the last couple of years as where to find things! Any way I am asking for  some help for my 34 yea old daughter  She was just diagnosed with lung,liver and kidney cancer! She is loosing all her hair I have made her several beanies already. Her favorite colors are purple and light blue and loves butterflies. She is a single mom to a 14 year old son. I would like the squares be about 8 inches any help would greatly be a blessing.  :manyheart  pm me if you could help out. You lovely people helped out so much with my mom's that it was heart breaking to see her cry over it knowing that there are so many caring people around the world that helped me with that afghan Alaska east coast west coast and north and south the response was so over whelming and I had formed a special bond with my mailman.If you can help pm me for my address. Thank you!   :ty

Hi, Nikitabug.  Welcome to our humble abode.  My heart goes out to you and your loved ones.  Count me in.  I'll PM you for your address.  Blessings :hug

Maria

I am so excited!  Well, smith made me remember, and now I'm excited :lol  I'm going on a trip with my crafting group to the Hobby Lobby in Victorville.  It's supposed to be the biggest one in California as it was the first one.  I hope they have finally sorted out their distribution issues with ILTY so that I can stock up properly.  I need my yarn fix!

:dance We have a new member, welcome Niqitabug!! She is looking for some help with a comfort ghan for her ill daughter, in blues, purples and butterfly colors. Pm her for more info on her colors.. Welcome Brenda! (Niqitabug) , glad to have you aboard!!! :welcome

Welcome! I will be glad to help. Any particular size square? I have plenty of those colors and would love to send some! 

• Like 1

:rainbow Great Tiffany, I knew she would find help here with all you generous square people!!!!!!! Pm for her address, I too will send her some! :flower

I am so sorry I haven't been around. After some deep thought I have decided I am not the labor delivery kind of nurse. I am hanging my hat up and going back to my previous position of a stroke unit. So I have been working 2 jobs and making over Kendra house since she moves home in 11 days. Anyways I have Rec'd 26 squares and they are awesome. I for some reason I can't upload from my phone so I will do it as soon as I get home in the am. I plan on edging them in black to make all the wonderful colors pop. Well here comes another active patient ugh so gotta go.

• Like 1

Good morning all! Wow lots to read!

Welcome to our new member!

Wow Katie that was one long red posting about the May swap!

Well I have to get moving! Have a great day all!

kuddles

• Like 1

Welcome, Brenda! I have those colors at home, so I'll try to put a square together for you sometime soon!

I've been working on my Free for All squares...excited to get them in the mail! Fingers crossed for getting to the post office on Saturday morning!

• Like 1

We finally got some much needed rain :2rain Thank you Texas !!! However it started at 4am and was short lived...There are a few puddles left, but they will soon dry up...I have the A/c set on 78 which keeps it bearable during the day and I turn it off at night...The fan keeps me cool enough...In addition to working on the May" Free for All " I have started a prayer shawl with a group at KP...I finished the wheelchair wrap for my anticipated surgery date of May 14...Bet I'll be the only one in the hospital with a hand made shoulder warmer!!

Well back to the HOOK and Coffee...Everyone have a great day...

• Like 1

here are the ones I have rec'd so far. than you everyone that sent them I am almost ready to start putting it together. I love each and every one

post-22534-0-05853200-1367324373_thumb.jpg

post-22534-0-40857100-1367324411_thumb.jpg

post-22534-0-08629300-1367324436_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Those are beautiful Tonya!  I can't wait to see the final product!

Excited about making my squares for the May Free for All!!!  Got some great ideas!

Welcome Brenda!  I have those colors in my stash, I will pm you to get your information.  Is there any size in particular you want?

Skoggy, I know your husband is going to do great on this  interview and the job will be his!!!

We have more thundershowers coming today, so Florida get ready!!!!

Everyone have a safe day and may the hooks fly!!!!

• Like 2

mine is all correct woo hoo thank you

Good morning all! Wow lots to read!

Welcome to our new member!

Wow Katie that was one long red posting about the May swap!

Well I have to get moving! Have a great day all!

kuddles

Hi Kuddles, and yeah, red, long, but hey, it worked, got everyone's attention, right, he he he! That was my goal!

Welcome, Brenda! I have those colors at home, so I'll try to put a square together for you sometime soon!

I've been working on my Free for All squares...excited to get them in the mail! Fingers crossed for getting to the post office on Saturday morning!

Yay Mandy!

We finally got some much needed rain :2rain Thank you Texas !!! However it started at 4am and was short lived...There are a few puddles left, but they will soon dry up...I have the A/c set on 78 which keeps it bearable during the day and I turn it off at night...The fan keeps me cool enough...In addition to working on the May" Free for All " I have started a prayer shawl with a group at KP...I finished the wheelchair wrap for my anticipated surgery date of May 14...Bet I'll be the only one in the hospital with a hand made shoulder warmer!!

Well back to the HOOK and Coffee...Everyone have a great day...

Estee dear, I found a puffy with your name on it, I had made them evidently a while back before your absense, so I will send those out sometime this week, at this point, not even sure what they look like..So sorry, I think I held off, cause of your surgery, and now another surgery, my goodness, what is you est. time to stay laid up, do you know!!

here are the ones I have rec'd so far. than you everyone that sent them I am almost ready to start putting it together. I love each and every one

Well wonderful Tonya!! good to hear from you as well, do you want me to try to count them from the pic, lol or will you send me a total as soon as you have time, I know you are busy, and do long shifts, so thank you in advance! I think I see a couple of mine there in the piles somewhere, lol

Well im outta here for a bit,got some things to do today, so will check in later on this aft. Everyone, enjoy your day, those that have rain, keep in mind it brings the flowers, those that have sun, be reminded it does too, and makes us feel so much more energetic! lol    Moderation in all things including the weather, RIGHT!!

Edited by katyallen8090

My grand total received in March was 45 squares Katie... Total I have all together from when I started: 67! Just 21 six inch squares shy of finishing! (And it is going to be HUGE!) Tonya, your squares will go out this week. Sorry they will be late but I have them here, just need to get a puffy :):hug

I have mine for tonya,just need to tuck in ends

with things being so hectic here,time is not always on my side

I sent back a reply. Thanks