Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hi all! Allergies or cold - either way it is bad! Mine is def a cold though......can't breathe even taking meds! Argh! My nose is so red and sore!

Great squares!

Everyone enjoy themselves, no matter what you are doing!

hugs,

kuddles

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Afternoon everyone. I received a few more squares in the mail yesterday and today. today they were from cshort 4 that will add a nice punch of color. and a couple from someone that I am not sure of, my DH tossed the envelope before i realized I didnt note who they were from. I snapped a picture of them but have to wait for DH to be home so I can use his camera cord.

I hope everyone is feeling better, my allergies have been going crazy since we have had nothing but rain for 2-3 days.

I did get great news this week my son in law finally got his release date from the marines, so they are moving home with my grandson in a month. I can't wait havent seen him since christmas. although now i have to get moving on cleaning and painting their house before they get back so everything is set for them.

well gotta get ready for work tonight and tomorrow.

oh and Kuddles not sure if you saw this picture, these are the squares I won from you with ben wrapped like a burrito

post-22534-135897789585_thumb.jpg

Yeah It is a rainy day here too. Not done much today. went outside and looked under my pine tree, we find morel mushrooms under there, and found ciggarette butts and a lighter. so now I got to go talk to my neighbor about her kids

oH YUMMY!!! MORELS!!!!!  I LOVE THOSE, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE FRIED IN BUTTER!!!!

Hi Ladies,  Not rainy here but cloudy.  Rain was very bad last night.  Well not crocheting yet but I did put the crochet bag on my lap and look at squares I wanted to do.  We are getting there :lol

Hi laurie! Good to hear from you, sometimes life gets in the way of stuff we really WANT to do, with stuff that we really have to do, huh!! Hope you find time to join us more often!!    take care!

Hello All!!

I am late in this THANK YOU because I wasn't sure where it came from.  I would officially like to thank  AbbyNormal for the two pretty squares she sent me a while back.  I am still collecting squares but have not put any together yet....haven't quite decided how I want to do that.  I am a lurker here.  Congrats on all the babies.  I hope those of you who are sick get better soon.

Honex

good morning

got one square done I'm ,so clogged up from all this pollen,we broke a record yesterday

pollen, yuk, already too, Im more worried about those 17 year cicadas though, lol hate hate hate bugs!

Hi Ladies,  Not rainy here but cloudy.  Rain was very bad last night.  Well not crocheting yet but I did put the crochet bag on my lap and look at squares I wanted to do.  We are getting there :lol

Slow but steady.  I'm glad you are regaining strength.  You'll have lots of energy when you're ready to crochet again :)

Oh,I feel ya there!  come  to find out what I have been going through for the last two days isn't a cold, but it is POLLEN!!! Ugh!  I have been coughing/sneezing so hard, that my ribs hurt!  This is the second day for that, and I think my voice is coming back a little more than yesterday!  Unfortunately I bought allergy medicine yesterday that makes you drowsy, so it was a struggle staying awake and then going home in the dark last night!  Still working lots of overtime, looks like I might be Tuesday, which is the end of the pay period for us.  Getting real excited, this drive is getting OLD! LOL

Since I haven't been feeling well, I haven't done any more squares, so gonna work on some today.  I should have another one, if not two, by the time lunch is done with.  Is there anyone who likes varigated?  I only have that with me today.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

I LOVE varigated!!

Hi laurie! Good to hear from you, sometimes life gets in the way of stuff we really WANT to do, with stuff that we really have to do, huh!! Hope you find time to join us more often!!    take care!

Now that I am caught up with all the postings (boy, you people post a lot...LOL), I will try to be here more often...Thanks!!

It's great hearing from you! Glad to hear you're doing better. Hope the speedy recovery continues. Healing and happy thoughts coming your way! :hug s for you!

Well, I'm feeling a little better today. Tummy scar is still hurting, but it has felt much worse. LOL! We did some running today, and have a little more tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be warmer...it was in the low 40's today and windy! Not to mention the wind chill...grrr! Yesterday we had storms real bad on and off all day. Somewhere around here a tornado had landed, but I didn't even know about it until my mom called me! Didn't hear any sirens or anything!

I hope everyone who has been sick is on the mend! I'll talk to you all later! Super :hug s for everyone!     P.S. I'm going to try and pick up my hook tomorrow! First time since before the surgery! :lol I wonder how much of my little guys blanket I'll b abke to get finished tomorrow?! ;) 

I did get great news this week my son in law finally got his release date from the marines, so they are moving home with my grandson in a month. I can't wait havent seen him since christmas. although now i have to get moving on cleaning and painting their house before they get back so everything is set for them.

oh and Kuddles not sure if you saw this picture, these are the squares I won from you with ben wrapped like a burrito

Yippee! I'm so happy your family will be home! Woot!

Thank you for the picture! Love seeing squares I make go to a good use! Beautiful!

kuddles

Little K is happy today....I'm finally calling in sick today after being miserable all week. I can't stop blowing my nose! And no one at work wants to hear that so I'm giving myself today and hope I feel better soon! I need to! The weekend will be here and I want to do 'stuff'!!!

Hope all is well today for everyone!

Hugs,

kuddles

Little K is happy today....I'm finally calling in sick today after being miserable all week. I can't stop blowing my nose! And no one at work wants to hear that so I'm giving myself today and hope I feel better soon! I need to! The weekend will be here and I want to do 'stuff'!!!

Hugs,

kuddles

Get some rest and get to feeling better! It's so hard working in an office (I'm in a VERY crowded, rows of cubicles type of office) and when one person is sick, it spreads like wildfire! Home is where you need to be! :hug

I agree!  STay home and get the much needed rest your body needs Kuddles! 

I know what it is like to be in an office where everyone is practically sitting in each other's laps and someone gets sick.  Luckily, beside what I thought was a cold but was actually allergies, I haven't gotten sick all winter, but everyone else here has numerous times!!!  I can't say it is because I have been taking care of myself or eating right, all I can say is God has kept me well!!!!  When I lived up north, though, I got bronchitis ALL THE TIME!!!  I heard one girl complain that she didn't understand why people came to work when they were sick.  I turned to her and said, some people can't afford to take time off all the time or have their parents pay for their bills if they get behind!  I couldn't help myself!!!  Besides, a lot of times when we get sick, even when we feel better, the cough sticks around for a while and it makes you sound like you are still sick when in fact you aren't anymore!!!  The contagiousness has passed!    Here's is prayers that everyone that is sick gets well, that all who have aches and pains, have had surgeries and babies gets back to being healed internally and externally!!!

Everyone have a blessed day on today!!!!

Thanks Mandy and Lisa! I work in a trailer! I work in a spec ed coop and when they ran out of room they got a trailer. My boss and I share it with another dept! It was a used trailer so who knows what germs lurk!

Oh well, I'm home, drinking coffee and eating a yogurt. I just wish the pressure behind my eyes would abate!

Hugs to you all!

kuddles

I live in one, probably not near like what you are working in.  Mine was new after Katrina hit down here - thankfully it is not one of the FIMA trailers, it is actually a nice one!  I live in the country so it is very nice and quiet.  I am surprised at how many down here live in trailers!  Where I am at, you see more trailers than you do actual homes!!!

I live in one, probably not near like what you are working in.  Mine was new after Katrina hit down here - thankfully it is not one of the FIMA trailers, it is actually a nice one!  I live in the country so it is very nice and quiet.  I am surprised at how many down here live in trailers!  Where I am at, you see more trailers than you do actual homes!!!

I've lived in a trailer before and many are much nicer than single family homes! I'd have no problem living in one....at least I'd know I'd keep it clean!

ohhhhh first things first!!!!!!! Guess what I, me, myself, Katie, got in the mail today, or yesterday, as I didn't get out yesterday to get it, that's right!!! Bright and colorful rainbow squares for my new afghan!!!!!!!! I will enclose a pic, they are from Carol (cshort) and I truely do LOVE THEM! Just perfect! Her stitches are soooo pretty, I wish I could crochet that pretty, lol mine are more utiitarian, I guess, I dunno anyway, love them all, There is red yellow Orange, and green, wowzers, alternated with the rainbow squares Im making for said ghan, that is almost a row in and of itself, with what I have, so probably 2 rows now! I was sooooo looking for something to do today, bored with sitting there, and starting at a couple skeins of yarn, but NOW, I have FOUR LOVELY SQUARES to edge in my edging varigated, I forget the name..Oh, heartfelt is it   anyway, ....YAY!! Thank you bunches Carol, first for thinking of me, secondly for your beautiful work, and thirdly for contributing to my friendship ghan by sending me a part of you!!!!!!! Im so excited, here's a pic, oh and a darling card too!! How lucky am I!!!!!! I so needed a boost here lately, so thank you so much for providing that as well!!! you made my day!

post-40621-0-10750800-1365784585_thumb.jpg

Hi, everyone! Good morning from L.A. It's Day 2 of the yarn crawl. I'm off to Alamitos Bay Yarn Company to check out the one-of-a-kind Yarn Truck. I'm very curious about it.

Great squares from cshort. Stuff keeps getting in the way when I want to add to my pile. I'm crossing my fingers that today is better.

Happy Friday!

ohhhhh first things first!!!!!!! Guess what I, me, myself, Katie, got in the mail today, or yesterday, as I didn't get out yesterday to get it, that's right!!! Bright and colorful rainbow squares for my new afghan!!!!!!!! I will enclose a pic, they are from Carol (cshort) and I truely do LOVE THEM! Just perfect! Her stitches are soooo pretty, I wish I could crochet that pretty, lol mine are more utiitarian, I guess, I dunno anyway, love them all, There is red yellow Orange, and green, wowzers, alternated with the rainbow squares Im making for said ghan, that is almost a row in and of itself, with what I have, so probably 2 rows now! I was sooooo looking for something to do today, bored with sitting there, and starting at a couple skeins of yarn, but NOW, I have FOUR LOVELY SQUARES to edge in my edging varigated, I forget the name..Oh, heartfelt is it anyway, ....YAY!! Thank you bunches Carol, first for thinking of me, secondly for your beautiful work, and thirdly for contributing to my friendship ghan by sending me a part of you!!!!!!! Im so excited, here's a pic, oh and a darling card too!! How lucky am I!!!!!! I so needed a boost here lately, so thank you so much for providing that as well!!! you made my day!

100_3309.jpg

ohhhhh first things first!!!!!!! Guess what I, me, myself, Katie, got in the mail today, or yesterday, as I didn't get out yesterday to get it, that's right!!! Bright and colorful rainbow squares for my new afghan!!!!!!!! I will enclose a pic, they are from Carol (cshort) and I truely do LOVE THEM! Just perfect! Her stitches are soooo pretty, I wish I could crochet that pretty, lol mine are more utiitarian, I guess, I dunno anyway, love them all, There is red yellow Orange, and green, wowzers, alternated with the rainbow squares Im making for said ghan, that is almost a row in and of itself, with what I have, so probably 2 rows now! I was sooooo looking for something to do today, bored with sitting there, and starting at a couple skeins of yarn, but NOW, I have FOUR LOVELY SQUARES to edge in my edging varigated, I forget the name..Oh, heartfelt is it   anyway, ....YAY!! Thank you bunches Carol, first for thinking of me, secondly for your beautiful work, and thirdly for contributing to my friendship ghan by sending me a part of you!!!!!!! Im so excited, here's a pic, oh and a darling card too!! How lucky am I!!!!!! I so needed a boost here lately, so thank you so much for providing that as well!!! you made my day!

attachicon.gif100_3309.jpg

Katie, you are very welcome! I can't wait to see you rainbow afghan.

And your crocheting is beautiful, I have squares from you to prove it.

ok in all that above excitement, I forgot to mention, June is a one year anniversary date for me doing this thread, well, stepping in after Sue had to leave, ) and our four thousandth post is right around the corner, so which ever comes first, the 4ooo th post, or june, or both, I would love to do something special! One of the ideas i had, is that those that can, or want to, may send a little something to that months biggest square(s) along with her chosen preference of squares, something as simple as for instance, a card, a candy bar, a dishcloth, a flower tape measure thingie, lol whatever you chose out side of the square (s) you are sending. That is one idea, anyone got anymore ideas about something special!! I just want to make it a little special, to  celebrate our year here together, and maybe one or two biggest squares one for june and one for the 4000th post, I am not sure, open to all your suggestions though, so PLEASE let me know if you have any ideas!! :ghug You all just make my day!!!! ok, all for now, everyone get better, everyone get healthy, and enjoy your weekends!

Happy Friday Everyone!  I actually managed to get some squares mailed out to our queen yesterday. I just might get a couple more out to someone else this month, lol. I hope all of you that have been sick/hurting are feeling better soon.

Hello Ladies, just wanted to stop by and say hello and congratulations to Tonyal.  I am able to be on the computer a little more each day as I am able to sit up more.  Most of the time I spend it with my legs up and I just don't have any easy way to sit the computer near me.  I am hoping to get the energy to start crocheting again soon as I miss making squares.  I guess this is why an I pad would be great.  I tried going on line with the nook but it just isn't as big and it was too hard.  So hi everyone, I'll be peeking in.

It is so good to see you posting my friend!  Take it easy and don't overdo.

I Have lilys, tulips, hostas, iris', and whatever annuals I got buy. Not had any trouble with the rabbits eating them. we used to have a family of them living under our garage.

oh, how pretty.  The rabbits always try to eat our bulbs, but I do have some tulips that should be blooming any day now.

Checked my mail and found a pleasant surprise.   

2013-04-11101516.jpg

Thank you Katyallen. (you were my first) lol  Seriously the are beautiful. I love them

Very nice!

Good Afternoon everyone. I received a few more squares in the mail yesterday and today. today they were from cshort 4 that will add a nice punch of color. and a couple from someone that I am not sure of, my DH tossed the envelope before i realized I didnt note who they were from. I snapped a picture of them but have to wait for DH to be home so I can use his camera cord.

I hope everyone is feeling better, my allergies have been going crazy since we have had nothing but rain for 2-3 days.

well gotta get ready for work tonight and tomorrow.

Great news about having your family moving close.  Adorable picture!!!

Slow and steady, lol.

Thank you Katy for these lovely squares!!!

Sorry about the background - kinda hard to see on my countertop. But they're gorgeous! Love the green!! :)
attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Very pretty!

It's great hearing from you! Glad to hear you're doing better. Hope the speedy recovery continues. Healing and happy thoughts coming your way! :hug s for you!

Well, I'm feeling a little better today. Tummy scar is still hurting, but it has felt much worse. LOL! We did some running today, and have a little more tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be warmer...it was in the low 40's today and windy! Not to mention the wind chill...grrr! Yesterday we had storms real bad on and off all day. Somewhere around here a tornado had landed, but I didn't even know about it until my mom called me! Didn't hear any sirens or anything!

I hope everyone who has been sick is on the mend! I'll talk to you all later! Super :hug s for everyone!     P.S. I'm going to try and pick up my hook tomorrow! First time since before the surgery! :lol I wonder how much of my little guys blanket I'll b abke to get finished tomorrow?! ;) 

I'm glad you are safe.  Tornado's scare me!  Hope your tummy scar feels better today.  I know they seem to take forever to heal (at least mine did, lol).  Good luck working on the blankie!

Hugs,

kuddles

Hurray, it's about time you took a day off to take care of yourself. :hug

attachicon.gif100_3309.jpg

Nice squares!

Hi, everyone! Good morning from L.A. It's Day 2 of the yarn crawl. I'm off to Alamitos Bay Yarn Company to check out the one-of-a-kind Yarn Truck. I'm very curious about it.

Great squares from cshort. Stuff keeps getting in the way when I want to add to my pile. I'm crossing my fingers that today is better.

Happy Friday!

Ooohhhh, a yarn crawl!  They look like so much fun!  Let us know all the details, please.......

ok in all that above excitement, I forgot to mention, June is a one year anniversary date for me doing this thread, well, stepping in after Sue had to leave, ) and our four thousandth post is right around the corner, so which ever comes first, the 4ooo th post, or june, or both, I would love to do something special! One of the ideas i had, is that those that can, or want to, may send a little something to that months biggest square(s) along with her chosen preference of squares, something as simple as for instance, a card, a candy bar, a dishcloth, a flower tape measure thingie, lol whatever you chose out side of the square (s) you are sending. That is one idea, anyone got anymore ideas about something special!! I just want to make it a little special, to  celebrate our year here together, and maybe one or two biggest squares one for june and one for the 4000th post, I am not sure, open to all your suggestions though, so PLEASE let me know if you have any ideas!! :ghug You all just make my day!!!! ok, all for now, everyone get better, everyone get healthy, and enjoy your weekends!

Sounds like fun.  Wow, it's hard to believe that it's been a whole year already!   I can't think of anything specific right now, but I'll put my thinking cap on. lol.

Katie, great squares! You know I love bright colors! Woot!

Has it almost been a year? Wow! Something special sounds great......but then again, this group is something special!

I've been sitting down, going thru a stack of printed out patterns, mostly squares, to figure out what to make next, and watched a movie. Free on demand. Anyone remember The Client with Susan Sarandon? I forgot how much I liked that movie! Weird being home without Little K!

Later!

kuddles

Wow! It's really been a year! I remember the early days of Katie's reign well (as I'm sure Katie will too ;):P ). Sounds like a lovely idea for a celebration.

I just wanted to apologise for not being around alot recently. Got a lot going around my head at the moment. Not very good things so I'm all flustered. Can't find solace anywhere either, feels like I'm trying to walk through mud. :( I hope to be back in business soon. I tried to get squares out for Tampa Doll's afghan but they were returned to me. Kinda put another brick on the load I'm carrying.

Archived