Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hey everyone! Just stopping in to say hi before I take a nap...or work on little guys blanket. Whichever. Had to take him to the ER last night, they said he has either a 24 to 48 hour bug, or a food allergy. But apparently, unles you're in anaphylatic shock, they wont check for them. On the bright side, he seems to be doing better now. :)  So, hopefully, whatever was wrong last night is over...

I hope all you wonderful ladies are having a great Sunday! :hug s for all!

Hope he is even better this morning!!!

I feel like I was under a rock and the news this morning said up to 10 inches of snow by tomorrow evening! I had no idea! Yikes!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just scrolling through the messages from the weekend because I knew I had missed some in the few minutes that I had to check in yesterday. And I don't see the Thank You that I thought :think  I posted to Tiffany for the beautiful squares she sent me. Sorry Tiffany and :ty :ty :ty  for the beautiful squares that arrived on Saturday, I will try to post a picture later today.

It's back to the usual work day and then running some errands before my sewing guild meeting tonight. I'm also trying to keep warm since this is the coldest day we've had this winter, which would be a warm day for some of you but in south Florida 40 degrees is cold :wbrr .

Have a great day everyone!

Hi All!  Boy, go missing for a couple of days and look out!  There are tons of messages to get caught up on! :lol   I've just been doing my usual, lying low, just been extra low lately.  I didn't even make it to my dgd's 4th birthday party on Sunday.  :(   I did however, finish the sweater for her!  I'm hoping we can get to visit some evening this week.

I want to wish dragonslayer a belated happy birthday!  Sorry I missed it!

Emma, I believe I wished you congrats on the house, but just in case, congrats again! :clap

tiffer, woohoo!  congrats, I know you'll wear the crown with grace and dignity this month! :queen I pledge one 12 in and hope to slip in two 6 inchers.

Katie, the baby blanket is beautiful!!! Congrats on the finish!

Pat, take care of yourself hon.  When is the surgery?  You know my memory, it's terrible! :lol   Having a crochet bag with you is a great idea.  I always bring one with me.  I don't always get to use it, but knowing that it's there is comforting.

Kuddles, woot!  that's a lot of coupons for Joanns!  WTG!  Have fun shopping!

Katie, glad your son is feeling better.

It is supposed to be gorgeous here today - Once we get back from church I'm not sure how much crocheting I will do!! Might take the boys fishing or just play outside with them today!! I do need to clean & vacuum out my car and get the infant seat installed - but that might wait until tomorrow when the boys are in school! Will be getting some squares done & some puffies labeled so I can take them by the P.O. tomorrow when I do take the younger boy to school. Next year, I'm going to have to do something different since he will be in school from 8-3 instead of just 12-3 so I won't be in town every day.. Might have to tell the hubster that I need a printer LOL.. 

Hope everyone has a great day :)

The hubby needed the bank card today to get some feed after he gets off work for the animals - so my puffies will have to wait until tomorrow to hit the PO. They WILL get sent though :)

I got the first of three squares finished for tiffer last night.  2 6-inchers are on the agenda for today.  Once those are finished, I'll be going to the post office and sending puffies to both the previous and the present square queens.  :)

In other news, this head cold is just lingering - not bad enough to make me miserable but just bad enough to remind me that it's there.  It could be so much worse ~ for which I am very thankful.

Today is going to be a busy busy day.  Laundry and housecleaning while the kids are at school, and then Joy #1 and Joy #3 both have ballgames tonight.  DH and I will be splitting up.  He also has to help a church member get to the doctor this afternoon.  I think all 5 of us will be falling into bed exhausted tonight.

I hope everyone has a MAH-velous Monday!!  Happy hooking...  :hook

Sounds like you are sure busy Christel! I always say I'm like a shark.....gotta keep moving to survive!

DD and I hit Joanns again and somehow I used the other 7 50% coupons I had! Allowed one to be used for her, the rest was...wait for it...YARN! LOL

Next up to finish sewing the purse I started this morning. I think I can do it!

Have a great rest of your day, y'all! (No I'm not from the south but my granny was!)

kuddles

Meh. Why isn't there somewhere like that over here?! I would love to have the oppertunity to spend lots of money on yarn with vouchers but there isn't any superstore that sells it. Its all little LYS and online like Deramores. Don't get me wrong, Deramores is great and constantly having 10% off stuff but you can't beat going and looking and feeling the yarn. There have been a few times where yarn has turned up and it isn't exactly like it was in the picture on the website. Shame really.

Hope all are well. We are moving this weekend which is painfully short notice so there is no time to myself to barely finish things. The most I'm doing at the moment is making ami's. Can't wait to have my own room to clutter. :lol

I've decided to buy some FIMO clay and try making beads / necklaces etc. Would be nice to get good at something else other than crochet to give me more variety in the evening. :D

Meh. Why isn't there somewhere like that over here?! I would love to have the oppertunity to spend lots of money on yarn with vouchers but there isn't any superstore that sells it. Its all little LYS and online like Deramores. Don't get me wrong, Deramores is great and constantly having 10% off stuff but you can't beat going and looking and feeling the yarn. There have been a few times where yarn has turned up and it isn't exactly like it was in the picture on the website. Shame really.

Hope all are well. We are moving this weekend which is painfully short notice so there is no time to myself to barely finish things. The most I'm doing at the moment is making ami's. Can't wait to have my own room to clutter. :lol

I've decided to buy some FIMO clay and try making beads / necklaces etc. Would be nice to get good at something else other than crochet to give me more variety in the evening. :D

I wish that for you too!

Good luck with the move!!!

I will get your package mailed this week, promise! Was going to do it tomorrow but now will have 10 inches of snow, so will be delayed since I have to go into the post office.....it WILL happen though! Sealed and labeled, just need Mother Nature to cooperate!

kuddles

Hey all! Happy Monday! Thank you everyone that hoped my little one is doing better, he is. Finally got over it, had a bit of a rough day yesterday, and is 100% better today. :D   

Good luck with the move this weekend Skoggy! Hope it all goes smoothly.

Kuddles, stay warm if you have to go out!

Not looking forward to tomorrow, supposed to wake up to more snow. :(  I will not be a happy camper!

Went to Joanns today and got some yarn to make a stroller blanket today. I'm going to try and make it a triangle so the ends don't drag the ground. And so it hopefully won't get cought in the wheels, untuck, fall on the ground, and get dirty/muddy. As soon as I finish my sons blanket. Lol.

Hope everyone had a good start to their weeks! :)    :hug s for all!

Hey all! Happy Monday! Thank you everyone that hoped my little one is doing better, he is. Finally got over it, had a bit of a rough day yesterday, and is 100% better today. :D   

Good luck with the move this weekend Skoggy! Hope it all goes smoothly.

Kuddles, stay warm if you have to go out!

Not looking forward to tomorrow, supposed to wake up to more snow. :(  I will not be a happy camper!

Went to Joanns today and got some yarn to make a stroller blanket today. I'm going to try and make it a triangle so the ends don't drag the ground. And so it hopefully won't get cought in the wheels, untuck, fall on the ground, and get dirty/muddy. As soon as I finish my sons blanket. Lol.

Hope everyone had a good start to their weeks! :)    :hug s for all!

Glad to hear the little one is feeling better!!

Here is a picture of the squares Tiffany sent me, thank you again Tiffany.post-4459-0-56824300-1362485065_thumb.jpg

Thank you analisa_roche for the beautiful square I received yesterday! post-4459-0-89389500-1362485257_thumb.jpg.

Skoggy, hope all goes well with your move.

Katibug, glad to here your little one is better.

Yay ImmaFreek and good luck with your classes.

kuddlekubs, it sounds like your having fun with all those coupons. I'll be using mine tomorrow, I told DGD we would go shopping for fabric for Easter outfits.

I have  a couple of errands to run after work and then I hope to start on squares for our Queen.

Have a great day!

Hi everyone ! Just jumped in to say Heeeyyyy ! Oh and i just signed up for classes to get my Bachelors of Science in Business Administration :woo

Wootie Woot Wootington! You go girl!

Good morning all! Glad to hear some good news and also cshort, great squares! I started working on the one I am making for our Biggest Square of this month, a new pattern to me, so excited to see how it turns out! Woot!

Oh and this just in.........

SNOW DAY! Call came at 5:23 am that DD's school is closed and then learned mine is too (I work admin for the district office) so WOOTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What to do, what to do! I need to straighten my craft closet out.......I ended up with about 12 new skiens of yarn with all of the coupons at Joanns. Hmmm, I have more. Can I beat the snow? Not supposed to start here till around 10...yes! YES! Joanns opens at 9! Okay my morning is planned!

But by tomorrow morning, we will have 10 inches of snow! Wow!

Stay warm, safe, well and loved everyone!

kuddles

I was waiting on the bus for my oldest this morning & while listening to the radio - they said it was 41º - which is what my phone was telling me as well.. It had been raining since middle of the night sometime (I didn't notice it until 3AM when I woke up worried I left my window down yesterday LOL!) but anyways - It started sleeting - 41º and sleeting!?! Insane!! I always take an afghan with me while waiting on the bus since the boys have their game boys with them (I don't think they ever bring them out of the car) and when I got home - I brought the afghan back in & dropped my hook. Once I got C's breakfast fixed, I was waiting on him to get finished so I was getting the afghan to work on it & realized I dropped my hook.. Walked back outside, yep, it was laying by my car door. I walk back in & have snowflakes clinging to my jacket - along with sleet.. Still 41º outside.. Lol.. The weather today sure seems like it's going to be odd!!

Fine with me!! C is playing Viva Pinata (I don't know how to do the N with the squiggly line over it  :lol ) so I'm working on a baby Elf hat someone wanted me to make.. I think I'm going to also try a diaper cover to go with it, since I'm sure she's going to be using it for a photography prop once she has her baby girl in July!! 

I also have a few afghans in progress & would like to finish one - and have one more square to finish (I gave up on the 3rd last night - I was getting frustrated!!) Will have to try to get that done today as well. 

Wow! The snow is coming down in bucket loads States side! Pics please! :D:lol

We have lovely spring weather here at the moment. I hope it continues like this next week when Felicia can play out in her very own garden. I have already got her a little football (soccer ball) from the Disney Stores with the Princesses on it. Looking forward to a kick around. She loves balls... any kind! She received a knitted one in a ROAK last year and I've made her a couple more. And now she has her soccer ball. :)

Most of my yarn was packed up today apart from a few little WIPS. :(

Hey everyone! Just stopping in to say hi before I take a nap...or work on little guys blanket. Whichever. Had to take him to the ER last night, they said he has either a 24 to 48 hour bug, or a food allergy. But apparently, unles you're in anaphylatic shock, they wont check for them. On the bright side, he seems to be doing better now. :)  So, hopefully, whatever was wrong last night is over...

I hope all you wonderful ladies are having a great Sunday! :hug s for all!

hi everyone. been a touch under the weather for the past coupla days, but I think the worst is behind me. I think I had that 24-48 hour thing too, like your son katiebug, did he have the stomache thing?? I did.......better now, can keep soup in me, and maybe toast thrown in once in a while, ha.

So, nice eye candy everyone, I have like four puffys stuffed,a nd ready but putting off going out for another day or two, due to this virus thingie i have, so rest assured, when posted, I will let you all know.

Ok, well, back to the bed for me for a bit, oh no, i have to pay bills on the phone today, so will have to do that first,,,yuk........

see ya all a bit later! 

We have lovely spring weather here at the moment. I hope it continues like this next week when Felicia can play out in her very own garden. I have already got her a little football (soccer ball) from the Disney Stores with the Princesses on it. Looking forward to a kick around. She loves balls... any kind! She received a knitted one in a ROAK last year and I've made her a couple more. And now she has her soccer ball. :)

I am sad because we haven't gotten a decent snowfall this year. We have had 2 days it's stuck - Once on Christmas Day & it didn't even cover the ground. The next was a couple days after that & still didn't cover the ground :(

hi everyone. been a touch under the weather for the past coupla days, but I think the worst is behind me. I think I had that 24-48 hour thing too, like your son katiebug, did he have the stomache thing?? I did.......better now, can keep soup in me, and maybe toast thrown in once in a while, ha.

So, nice eye candy everyone, I have like four puffys stuffed,a nd ready but putting off going out for another day or two, due to this virus thingie i have, so rest assured, when posted, I will let you all know.

Ok, well, back to the bed for me for a bit, oh no, i have to pay bills on the phone today, so will have to do that first,,,yuk........

see ya all a bit later! 

Feel better soon, katie!!  I'm so sorry you've not been well.  :hug  My head cold has settled into my chest and is feeling so uncomfortable today.

I am sad because we haven't gotten a decent snowfall this year. We have had 2 days it's stuck - Once on Christmas Day & it didn't even cover the ground. The next was a couple days after that & still didn't cover the ground :(

Jessica, the snow didn't cover the ground where you are b/c it all fell in central Arkansas.  Some of my family was w/o power for a week due to that snowstorm.  At this point, I would be happy with a light dusting!  I miss snow...  :flake

I've got three puffies going out today.  One to cshort (late) and one for tiffer.  The third is for the March square swap.  :)  I have been a square making maniac this week - so much fun!  I need to do some stashbusting, as well, so that I can make up for last week's yarn purchases...  "I wonder who else I could make squares for with what I've got,"  she says as she goes to examine her stash.  Nothing like sitting with a hook and yarn when you're feeling under the weather.  Have a TERIFFIC TUESDAY, everyone!

Well it isn't enough yet to take pics.......

This will perk ya up.....I DID go to the post office first thing and I DID mail out your two squares! They said 7 to 10 days..so excited to send something over seas!!!

Later!

kuddles

Archived