Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

was checking the dc on the two pkgs. I sent Fri.

one is already in Az. the other is just across the river in Norfolk,they both went the same rate.

have 35+ squares done,need to get the ends under before it becomes an all day job again,I said I wasn't going to do that again,I guess when I play with color,I get mesmerized and keep making them,lol

wow Linda, such busy hands!! I think weaving ends in, is meditative to me, so when i tire of crocheting, i do that for a while!! I love to play with color combos too, so I know what you mean there! :hug

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow Linda, such busy hands!! I think weaving ends in, is meditative to me, so when i tire of crocheting, i do that for a while!! I love to play with color combos too, so I know what you mean there! :hug

yarn ends don't give me that zen relaxing feeling,it more like the winnie the pooh character that says Oh Bother,lol

Thanks, Pineknott! I got the package! Now to Estee's squares....

it got to you a day earlier than they said,thats good ,give you more hook time

I might have mentioned this on the stashbusting thread,we send some meals to hubby's boss at the college,and he shows his thanks by gifting me yarn.

he had asked Bill the other day if there were any colors I was in need of,I tried to give him choices in colors before,but then he gets every color on my list,so Bill said narrow it down to two most needed colors,I guess he was at the store and just went ahead and picked up fall colors,I got pumpkin, burgundy,and brown.hopefully someone wants orange squares:eek,I was getting real low on burgundy,and the brown was one I didn't have.

so the pretty n pink and ameythest will have to wait till another time

with the yarn budget low on the totem pole,its so nice to be gifted new yarn.

it got to you a day earlier than they said,thats good ,give you more hook time

I might have mentioned this on the stashbusting thread,we send some meals to hubby's boss at the college,and he shows his thanks by gifting me yarn.

he had asked Bill the other day if there were any colors I was in need of,I tried to give him choices in colors before,but then he gets every color on my list,so Bill said narrow it down to two most needed colors,I guess he was at the store and just went ahead and picked up fall colors,I got pumpkin, burgundy,and brown.hopefully someone wants orange squares:eek,I was getting real low on burgundy,and the brown was one I didn't have.

so the pretty n pink and ameythest will have to wait till another time

with the yarn budget low on the totem pole,its so nice to be gifted new yarn.

Wow! sounds like a super awesome, very generous boss! Oooh, I like Pretty n Pink but it hasn't been around here lately. Whats up with that?

Sorry for the delay Absolutely no internet access at home this weekend

But the winners are Bhazell & Abigail thanks ladies your squares have been posted. Also MrsMcKee was a close third so at end of week she shall receive too.

Thanks Ladies for being patient

Kimgoodie

OMG...I hit the jackpot...Just got two puffy packages containing fabulous squares..Thank you, Thank you, thank you....My son was kind enough to take me to the mail box this AM on his way to work...I got 2 from Sabrina, and 2 from KuddleKubs...Descriptions are a beautiful aqua and a multi blue/purple/turq...in one package...(That aqua looked too difficult for me to figure out...Where is that pattern???)... and a Rainbow colored square and a burgandy (purple like) and butter cream in the other...The latter reminded me of blueberry pie a la mode with French vanilla icecream...I wish I had the capabilities of letting you all see the fabulous squares I am receiving...I can't wait to get to designing the layout...I'll have to clear my dining room table to do it...With the solid fill in squares I'm making, it is going to be one colorful Crazy Ghan...

Hope all had a great weekend and that the weather was just what you wanted...We are now having squalls with sporadic heavy rainfall and lots of thunder and lightning...Me thinks it will be like this most of today and tomorrow...Good time to curl up with yarn and hooks and let the time fly...Till then...Big hugs...(((HUGGS)))...ST

Glad you got my squares! Those are both free patterns....I'll have to find them so I can tell you where on ravelry....I think one was called Squiggles.

Enjoy!

kuddles

OMG...I hit the jackpot...Just got two puffy packages containing fabulous squares..Thank you, Thank you, thank you....My son was kind enough to take me to the mail box this AM on his way to work...I got 2 from Sabrina, and 2 from KuddleKubs...Descriptions are a beautiful aqua and a multi blue/purple/turq...in one package...(That aqua looked too difficult for me to figure out...Where is that pattern???)... and a Rainbow colored square and a burgandy (purple like) and butter cream in the other...The latter reminded me of blueberry pie a la mode with French vanilla icecream...I wish I had the capabilities of letting you all see the fabulous squares I am receiving...I can't wait to get to designing the layout...I'll have to clear my dining room table to do it...With the solid fill in squares I'm making, it is going to be one colorful Crazy Ghan...

Hope all had a great weekend and that the weather was just what you wanted...We are now having squalls with sporadic heavy rainfall and lots of thunder and lightning...Me thinks it will be like this most of today and tomorrow...Good time to curl up with yarn and hooks and let the time fly...Till then...Big hugs...(((HUGGS)))...ST

:cheer Weeeeeeee! I got a surprise today! :cheer

post-54070-135897778485_thumb.jpg

Meet Ozzy! Our new 10wk old kitten! :D I love Mr Skoggy so much! He knows how much I've missed having a feline companion so he'd arranged this black bundle of fluff so come to us! Time to make a pet mat for his bed. I'm most definately on :c9. :D

Skoggy - the kitten is sooooo cute!!! My little fur baby is black too! I just love seeing this picture - makes me think it might have been what Gracie looked like. I adopted her when she was 3 years old, so I didn't get to see her in kitten phase.

Thanks for posting! He's so cute!!

Estee - just wondering if you've gotten my squares yet. I tried a new pattern - one with a flower in the middle and some lace-y-ish stuff around it. I put another square in there as well. Just making sure they have made it to you. It wasn't an easy square to make so I want to make sure you see it!! :)

:cheer Weeeeeeee! I got a surprise today! :cheer

[ATTACH]58714[/ATTACH]

Meet Ozzy! Our new 10wk old kitten! :D I love Mr Skoggy so much! He knows how much I've missed having a feline companion so he'd arranged this black bundle of fluff so come to us! Time to make a pet mat for his bed. I'm most definately on :c9. :D

AWWW what a cutie, all are cuties, the baby, the dad, and the kitty!! You are one lucky chickadee!!!!

wow Estee you are hitting the jackpot indeed! Isn't this group a great giving group!!!!!!!

So glad you like the squares! Hope they will fit in well with your ghan.

Rainy blah day here. Making two batches of soap today so that will make the house smell happy!

Emma - the kitty is a cutie!

The chickens are going crazy - better go see what's up!

Hi friends. Sorry I haven't been as active lately. I've been having some pretty significant migraines. I went to the doctor yesterday to figure it all out. So now I have some better meds in my arsenal of things to try when I get one of these crippling migraines.

In another news - more issues buying the new house. I posted a thread about it in the prayers and warm wishes section because I think that's all that will get us through this at this point - lots and lots of prayers! So if you have a second, would you mind popping over to that section and sending some really good vibes our way?? :)

I've been trying to keep up on posts though. And I've been making those Tunisian squares for Kim's charity.

Thanks friends!! :)

Hi friends. Sorry I haven't been as active lately. I've been having some pretty significant migraines. I went to the doctor yesterday to figure it all out. So now I have some better meds in my arsenal of things to try when I get one of these crippling migraines.

Gluten is an inflammatory and can cause migraines. Just sayin' :D

Skoggy--Yay! A cute bundle of fluff! He's so cute! One of my furbabies is a long-haired "tuxedo" cat. She's black with white paws, tummy, and chin. I call the white spot on her chin her "milk dribble".

As for me?....I hate PMS....:angry

Oh Bubbe...that is a beautiful blanket...What a dissappointment it must have been when you saw that unraveled square...I'm sure you will figure out what to do...

I received 3 squares from MrsMcKee yesterday..An all yellow (how cheery) and 2 different yellow/green combos...All beautiful hand works...Thank you muchly..

Big Hugs (((HUGGS))) ...ST

MrsMcKee....I had to go back and look...I thought I had mentioned your squares, but then again I had a few days of CRS and the funk..The one with the flower was adorable...think I'll make some of those in solid colors for fillers...Just the right size...Thank you again...Big Hugs (((HUGGS))) ST

Afternoon all. Sorry to hear about the migraine thing, hope it gets figured out soon, and you have no more of those nasty things! I usually have a warning, an aura of light in one eye or the other, then I know, one is coming, and to take arms immediately to ward it off.. Do you get the lights too?? Some do, some don't.

Been sorta doing my own thing the last few days, crochet here and there, but nothing majorly accomplished oh, cept a shawl, easy peasy one, triangle and going fast, couple more long rows and fringe, or shell border, and Im done......

I am at a brunch in the am again, so might not check in as I also believe it or not, have a lunch date, how to fit all this food, lol !! Good friend moving further away from the neighborhood going away thing for the lunch, gonna miss her, and hanging out with her, shes just moving across town though, not across state! I gotta remember that!

Ok, well, all for now, check in with ya all later, just wanted to come and see some pretty eye candy!! Which reminds me, you gotta check Kimgoodie;s charity page, she has some gorgeous ghans on display there! take a peek, i like that she pictures the blankees in progress, and have even spotted some of the squares (maybe??) that I sent her, ha ha, hard to remember after they have moved on to another home!!

Take care, have a great day all!!

Hi Everyone! Hope you are all doing well. I'm not back, just poking my head in to say "Hi", lol! I see some prayers are needed and will definitely be sent! Hope the migraines go away too! Emma, your kitty is adorable! Take care all and I hope to "see" you around the 'ville!

Hi Everyone! Hope you are all doing well. I'm not back, just poking my head in to say "Hi", lol! I see some prayers are needed and will definitely be sent! Hope the migraines go away too! Emma, your kitty is adorable! Take care all and I hope to "see" you around the 'ville!

Hugs Anne! So good to 'see' you! Take care sweetie!

kuddles

Archived